Pdf tickets are no longer an option

Curt

18 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Ugh just when I was finally got used to having a stupid plastic card instead of actual tickets, they go and do this and make it even worse.  Way to go NFL...keep pushing fans away!

We are still having the plastic card for at least 2018. We just cannot use pdf printed tickets anymore.

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Some people just assume everyone has a smartphone. My parents don’t. They have a flip phone and even that only gets turned on when they think they might need it. They don’t even know how to retrieve texts and voice mails on it. 

But they are doing a lot of pdf tickets on secondary market sites?  

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

A few weeks ago was the first time I tried using my phone for the tickets to get in at a couple OHL hockey games and I had a few problems cause it either wasn't zoomed in enough, or the old guy taking tickets complained the screen wasnt bright enough one time

Im surprised that on a message board so many aren’t using e tickets semi-regularly

im not a huge fan of a forced app- but electronic tickets tend to be super easy and convenient... 

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

But they are doing a lot of pdf tickets on secondary market sites?  

Im surprised that on a message board so many aren’t using e tickets semi-regularly

im not a huge fan of a forced app- but electronic tickets tend to be super easy and convenient... 

I had a terrible time once, as they wanted me to change my settings so they could track me. I really don’t know the details, something under locations, and neither did their “experts”. It took me three phone calls to get a guy who could walk me through it so we could get in. PITA! 

I realize it’s the future and there’s no stopping it, but it’s also a hassle. It will get easier as we become accustomed to it, and I will try not to scream “GET OFF MY LAWN!!!” 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I had a terrible time once, as they wanted me to change my settings so they could track me. I really don’t know the details, something under locations, and neither did their “experts”. It took me three phone calls to get a guy who could walk me through it so we could get in. PITA! 

I realize it’s the future and there’s no stopping it, but it’s also a hassle. It will get easier as we become accustomed to it, and I will try not to scream “GET OFF MY LAWN!!!” 

That seems a specific and odd app issue. 

Typically my electronic tix have  essentially just been the same as a pdf on my phone. Keep the screen bright and phone charged and it’s good to go. Also much less risk of counterfeit.

a poorly design app changes that of course 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That seems a specific and odd app issue. 

Typically my electronic tix have  essentially just been the same as a pdf on my phone. Keep the screen bright and phone charged and it’s good to go. Also much less risk of counterfeit.

a poorly design app changes that of course 

This was early in the year when the Bills played at the Falcons new stadium. It was a “location services” issue I wasn’t happy with.  We had about $1,000 into 3 decent tickets. But the cheap food and beverage....had lines so long I gave up at least twice.

Many kinks to be worked out, including the gazillion dollar retractable dome won’t work for at least another year. Ooops! 

I'm tired of this ****. I'm 28, I remember when I got my first pdf ticket. I hated it. For some reason I've always collected my tickets. I've got my ticket from when I saw Montana as a chief, Rice and Young, Payton and Marshall ( and I'm drawing a blank now... maybe it was James, it was late 90s). My dad still has his ticket from the AFC championship game in Miami. These PDF tickets and now this are just dumb. It takes something away from the experience of going to me. Then again I'm a guy who still prefers CD's vs digital copies.

It's only convenient for the team. I miss how the tickets used to look compared to how they are now. It's corny but I remember enjoying having Thurman or Bruce on a ticket. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

18 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

My nightmare for the end of American society is that another country, (China, Russia, North Korea) hits us with a giant electromagnetic pulse from a space satellite which makes all of our computers, cell phones, etc useless and they just come in and take over because we can't do anything without them.

I work in the computer field and this actually sounds lime a good thing other than the takeover which will not happen.

There are places for example that only accept parking via apps. What are you to do if you are out of service  area, battery dead or like me do not have such a phone?  Society is changing such that if you are not one who has the latest and greatest toy you are left behind and that should not happen for services provided by governments such as parking. 

18 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

My nightmare for the end of American society is that another country, (China, Russia, North Korea) hits us with a giant electromagnetic pulse from a space satellite which makes all of our computers, cell phones, etc useless and they just come in and take over because we can't do anything without them.

I work in the computer field and this actually sounds lime a good thing other than the takeover which will not happen.

There are places for example that only accept parking via apps. What are you to do if you are out of service  area, battery dead or like me do not have such a phone?  Society is changing such that if you are not one who has the latest and greatest toy you are left behind and that should not happen for services provided by governments such as parking. 

And what makes it worse for me that some benefits at work can only be accessed via smart phones.  The company has all "virtual" benefits - you dial into presentations, you get no paper copies (very useful when benefits are miscited and then corrected with company insisting they never said that)  so I went to one of the presentations at HQ and when I asked about "What if you do not have a smart phone?" and the lady said "I will get back with you" and over 4 months later NOTHING.   

They are doing this to save money, track customers for marketing, etc not for the customer.

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How long before they stop taking cash?

I prefer paper tickets, not just for the Bills games but all events I go to, because I keep them stashed away. It’s nice to pull them out once in a while and remember that concert I went to, or a movie/play, or sporting event. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Augie said:

This was early in the year when the Bills played at the Falcons new stadium. It was a “location services” issue I wasn’t happy with.  We had about $1,000 into 3 decent tickets. But the cheap food and beverage....had lines so long I gave up at least twice.

Many kinks to be worked out, including the gazillion dollar retractable dome won’t work for at least another year. Ooops! 

Right, but location services should not matter unless it’s a junk app was my point. I’ve used e tickets for nearly every flight, concert and sporting event for about a decade now and never heard that and can’t understand how it would effect the hundreds of tickets I’ve used unless Atlanta has a unique system built out. 

For most its literally just scanning an image of a barcode (or q code) - no different than a pdf paper. I’ve literally used the electronic version of the pdf plenty of times too. 

Edited by NoSaint

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Right, but location services should not matter unless it’s a junk app was my point. I’ve used e tickets for nearly every flight, concert and sporting event for about a decade now and never heard that and can’t understand how it would effect the hundreds of tickets I’ve used unless Atlanta has a unique system built out. 

For most its literally just scanning an image of a barcode (or q code) - no different than a pdf paper. I’ve literally used the electronic version of the pdf plenty of times too. 

I had to get the Falcons app, so maybe it was just them. I’ve never had this problem elsewhere for games or Delta flights. But it was a PITA! 

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I had to get the Falcons app, so maybe it was just them. I’ve never had this problem elsewhere for games or Delta flights. But it was a PITA! 

Yup! Odds are they want to mine your concession and shopping data at the game. Which sucks.

im anti bad apps, but don’t think that’s the same as anti e-tix. Doing away with tickets that can get 20 copies printed of isn’t terrible in my book, but perhaps stubhub could do I high quality secondary paper ticket for fee to cover those raging against the technology 

They are doing it to cut out stubhub and have more control over pricing IMHO.

Stubhub has a floor price of $6 (Plus fees), ticket exchange is slightly below face value.

By making stubhub difficult to use, and no longer support sales within 24/48 hours of a game, they drive people back to ticket exchange and get to enjoy the revenue associated with a resale.

So if you have seats that are at the back row of a pricepoint and want to sell cheaply just to move them and many seats are at this new high priced floor - good luck as their are likely better seats at the same floor price within the new section.

This offends me as I come from out of town and don’t attend all games - and this will make dec games when they are out of the race difficult to sell.  I wouldn’t be bothered as much if ticket exchange had a low floor price so I could choose what I’m willing to sell the tickets I paid for at - but only stub hub let’s you do that.

This will cost STHs $$ if you don’t attend all games.

4 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

They are doing it to cut out stubhub and have more control over pricing IMHO.

Stubhub has a floor price of $6 (Plus fees), ticket exchange is slightly below face value.

By making stubhub difficult to use, and no longer support sales within 24/48 hours of a game, they drive people back to ticket exchange and get to enjoy the revenue associated with a resale.

So if you have seats that are at the back row of a pricepoint and want to sell cheaply just to move them and many seats are at this new high priced floor - good luck as their are likely better seats at the same floor price within the new section.

This offends me as I come from out of town and don’t attend all games - and this will make dec games when they are out of the race difficult to sell.  I wouldn’t be bothered as much if ticket exchange had a low floor price so I could choose what I’m willing to sell the tickets I paid for at - but only stub hub let’s you do that.

This will cost STHs $$ if you don’t attend all games.

But, they just made Stubhub an official reseller for all 32 teams.  I don't get the whole thing.  And, I think it was at the college championship game where they had this system - and it was a total mess at the gate because, of course, being at a stadium you can't get reception! 

On 4/20/2018 at 2:08 AM, LittleJoeCartwright said:

How long before they stop taking cash?

When I was travelling to Florida (Fort Lauderdale) found meters which were electronic only. They justify it by saying meters cannot be broken for coins so it is to prevent crimes (I am sure they accept ticket payments in cash) but I see it as just way to force people to go to apps.

4 hours ago, bbb said:

But, they just made Stubhub an official reseller for all 32 teams.  I don't get the whole thing.  And, I think it was at the college championship game where they had this system - and it was a total mess at the gate because, of course, being at a stadium you can't get reception! 

Interesting, that could change things.! I couldn’t find much about how that will be implemented online but we’ll see.  It looks like each team can decide which ‘partner’ to use.  I read cowboys actually dumped Ticketmaster.  Hopefully the bills enable stubhub in a seamless and automated manner, don’t impose floor price restrictions, and allow sales up until game time.  I take enough of a loss on some of the games I can’t attend, won’t be happy if it gets worse.  

7 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

Interesting, that could change things.! I couldn’t find much about how that will be implemented online but we’ll see.  It looks like each team can decide which ‘partner’ to use.  I read cowboys actually dumped Ticketmaster.  Hopefully the bills enable stubhub in a seamless and automated manner, don’t impose floor price restrictions, and allow sales up until game time.  I take enough of a loss on some of the games I can’t attend, won’t be happy if it gets worse.  

There really doesn't seem to be anyone who knows how this works.  I do think it will be worse for selling games you can't use. 

It may be worse to sell games but I believe thats what owners want. 400 season ticket holders had their tickets revoked for re-selling them and not attending games. Teams don't want fans making a profit off their season tickets. 

23 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It may be worse to sell games but I believe thats what owners want. 400 season ticket holders had their tickets revoked for re-selling them and not attending games. Teams don't want fans making a profit off their season tickets. 

I heard that the Broncos and a few other NFL teams revoked some season tickets but when you say 400 season ticket holders are you talking about the Bills? And if yes, I believe you but would you have a link because I am interested a lot in reading about it.

One good thing about this is the shady hobo signs on 20A are probably done. 

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

The seats directly in front of ours were always on resale, for a number of years. Then they opened up this year, so we “upgraded” one row down to now sit next to our friends. I wonder if that guy lost his seasons for always reselling them.