Trade rumor on path to the draft on NFL network

Steptide

A few things:

1. I think it could work

because...

2. The Giants at 6 would still have a shot at Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson 

3. Colts want to trade down

But...

4. I think the Colts need more to move down, maybe a 2019 2nd rounder added on. And if it took 12, 22, 56, 121 And 2019 2nd to go from 12 to 2... I’m down for it all day. I could see the same idea happening with Denver as well. 

59 minutes ago, TOboy said:

This isn't a rumor. The guys flat out said they made it up. They were thinking of potential deals,  but this in no way rumored to be happening. 

But by all means, carry on the conversation. 

ffs, why even make this thread, then?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, McBean said:

If this happens Beane deserves a statue outside of the stadium.

If this happens, Pegula should build the Colossus of !@#$ing Rhodes in Beane's image.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

FWIW, I think a deal like this is going to pan out for the Bills.

I.E., we are going to move way up to a super high draft spot, such as #2 overall.

We are going to have to get that high, and Beane knows it, in order to get our man.

Darnold.

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

If beane makes this deal happen, he is an absolute magician/genius

3 way trade with bills/colts/giants

Bills get 2nd overall and 5th rounder

Giants get 6th and 22nd overall 

Colts get 12th overall, 2nd and 4th round picks

This is the absolute best scenario I've heard so far 

So for this to work, it's going like this:

-Bills trade 12th pick, 2nd and 4th round pick to Colts in exchange for 6th pick

-Bills trade 6th pick and 22nd pick to Giants in exchange for 2nd pick

-Someone gives Bills a 5th round pick back as change

I'd be surprised that 12th overall, 2nd and 4th round was enough to move up to 6th. 

What did the Jets give to move from 6th to 3rd overall?

-

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So for this to work, it's going like this:

-Bills trade 12th pick, 2nd and 4th round pick to Colts in exchange for 6th pick

-Bills trade 6th pick and 22nd pick to Giants in exchange for 2nd pick

-Someone gives Bills a 5th round pick back as change

I'd be surprised that 12th overall, 2nd and 4th round was enough to move up to 6th. 

-

2 2nds this year and a 2nd next year. 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

-

Yeah the math is off. We would have to give up two #2's at minimum. Jets gave up thee #2s just to move up three spots. And that is with the Colts still being able to get an elite talent like Chubb, Nelson or Barkley at six. They move down to #12 and those guys are all gone.

42 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah the math is off. We would have to give up two #2's at minimum. Jets gave up thee #2s just to move up three spots. And that is with the Colts still being able to get an elite talent like Chubb, Nelson or Barkley at six. They move down to #12 and those guys are all gone.

Two 1sts are better than 3 2nds.  And one of those 2nds are next year, which is equal to a 3rd. 

We would be giving up both 1sts, a 2nd, and a 4th

We’d be overpaying by 50 points to jump to #2 overall, which isn’t bad at all. Then Giants can still get a quality pick, and the Colts rebuild. 

We’d be out of the race for a MLB, but plenty of WR and offensive line talent left for us with our 2nd and 3rd round pick.  

Oh yeah, and we’d be done looking for QB’s

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

Two 1sts are better than 3 2nds.  And one of those 2nds are next year, which is equal to a 3rd. 

We would be giving up both 1sts, a 2nd, and a 4th

We’d be overpaying by 50 points to jump to #2 overall, which isn’t bad at all. Then Giants can still get a quality pick, and the Colts rebuild. 

We’d be out of the race for a MLB, but plenty of WR and offensive line talent left for us with our 2nd and 3rd round pick.  

Oh yeah, and we’d be done looking for QB’s

Yeah, but Virgil, that's the thing about this trade rumor. 

What the Colts are reportedly getting to go from #6 to #12 doesn't add up.  They aren't (according to the rumor) getting 2 firsts.  They're supposedly getting #12, a 2nd and a 4th - to move down 6 spots, and out of a place where they can be pretty certain of getting one of the elite talents in the draft.  I would expect them to want at least 2 2nds for that, or maybe next year's 1st.

I think it would be a great deal! for us......I don't think the value is there for the other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

So, we would give #'s12, 22,53, 65, 121 for #'s 2 & 139. Is that correct ? he better be great..... lots of capital

I could say the same for using those picks to "fill holes". Those players better be high caliber players and play for us for a long time if we are going to pass up an opportunity for a franchise QB for them, I mean that's a lot of capital! Don't botch filling the holes Beane! It's the same damn argument, except QB is and will be for the foreseeable future the most important aspect of the team to get "right".

Edited by What a Tuel