Seattle postpones Kaepernick workout b/c of kneeling?

Jobot

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Yet Reuben Foster still has a job in this league

Ray Rice doesn't.  Nor does Aldon Smith or Greg Hardy.

Right now the 49ers are allowing the legal system play out so they are protected if/when they release him.  But honestly with the roll call of the above names I see Foster added to that list before next season kicks off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Hmmm, so it wasn’t players kneeling before games or that brought about change?

Branch Rickey was an idealist, but a businessman too. Don’t forget that .

Huh?  The Nfl has started a new program to promote social justice.  So obviously, the protests had an impact.

And for the record, I would never take a knee during the anthem.  But if you feel stronger about CK than a guy who beats a woman, you are a Kinda a POS.

10 minutes ago, Derby Dan said:

The reason any of us have the life we have today is because brave men and women died for us and we honor that service by standing up.  enough

And it has been said many, many times it’s not about the military.  Many military members have stated that while they don’t like it, they have to support it because that’s what America is founded on. You can’t pick or choose which rights you support. 

12 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Ray Rice doesn't.  Nor does Aldon Smith or Greg Hardy.

Right now the 49ers are allowing the legal system play out so they are protected if/when they release him.  But honestly with the roll call of the above names I see Foster added to that list before next season kicks off.

Smith and Hardy were both signed by another team.  Rice was on the downside of his career.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And it has been said many, many times it’s not about the military.  Many military members have stated that while they don’t like it, they have to support it because that’s what America is founded on. You can’t pick or choose which rights you support. 

I am a little confused why you bring Foster into every discussion about Rosen and now Kapernick.

Foster is in the NFL, not the SEC. He plays for the 49ers, not Alabama or Buffalo. He’s not draftable.

Everyone thinks that what Foster did was reprehensible, but it has nothing to do with Rosen or Kapernick.

Your false and malcious accusations that I somehow support Foster are getting really, really tiring.

Edited by Sky Diver

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I am a little confused why you bring Foster into every discussion about Rosen and now Kapernick.

Foster is in the NFL, not the SEC. He plays for the 49ers, not Alabama or Buffalo. He’s not draftable.

Everyone thinks that what Foster did was reprehensible, but it has nothing to do with Rosen or Kapernick.

Your false and malcious accusations that I somehow support Foster are getting really, really tiring.

I know you think everything revolves around Bama but I said woman beater in general terms.  Manziel faces domestic violence charges and there are plenty of others. 

Like I said before, if a silent protestor makes you angrier than a player who hits a woman, you are part of the problem.  It’s about as stupid as people who have the American flag next to the confederate, participation trophy one. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know you think everything revolves around Bama but I said woman beater in general terms.  Manziel faces domestic violence charges and there are plenty of others. 

Like I said before, if a silent protestor makes you angrier than a player who hits a woman, you are part of the problem.  It’s about as stupid as people who have the American flag next to the confederate, participation trophy one. 

Disagreeing with Rosen’s and Kapernick’s antics has nothing to do with Foster. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His cause of equality for everyone??? How terrible that is!!!!

and if he was yelling keeping MAGA, the reverse would be true.  People are rooting for Johnny Manziel, who hasn’t done half of what Kaep did in the nfl and hit his girlfriend.  So many double standards.

its also funny that the people who cry about everything being so sensitive and snowflakes are often the biggest snowflakes.  If that guy kneels for the national anthem, I’m not watching!!! 

Fact is he is a better quarterback than any one on our roster.

You are not reading it correctly.

Nowhere do I say Kaep's cause is vile. How about you read things carefully before you lash out? What about you doing that?

Protesting for something vile would be a guy throwing out a Nazi Salute during the anthem to show solidarity with imprisoned American Nazis who's only crime was to blow up a synagogue.

get it now? Would y'all be on that man's side? 

If the principle holds true for one it needs to hold true for the Nazi also.

Would you still be up in arms over that player's right to self expression at games?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

....or a president who brags about grabbing women’s privates is part of the reason their country is going down hill.  

I'm convinced that was what Baker Mayfield was doing, protesting Trump's bad behavior,  but he has been misunderstood. He is a brave hero if you ask me!

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

1 hour ago, Derby Dan said:

Name them?  Go to prision and talk to murderers.  What has  he done but turn people against police  this is not a political board so I will shut up.  No respect for the man.  You must live in Califoria

It sounds like you live live with your head in the sand. Again, agree with him or not on the police issue, he’s been active in the community with his time and money. Apparently acknowledging that reality is a liberal stance? 

Heres some personal donations and also collectives he’s organized:

http://kaepernick7.com/million-dollar-pledge/

Also going to low income schools, the 100 suits for 100 men project to help men dress the part for getting better jobs... so on and so forth...

the kneeling i dont mind (don’t gung ho support but not offended and do think we deserve more from our criminal justice system).... the pig socks were immature and inappropriate. His work off the field is generally admirable. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So is the 1st apparently.  Personally, I think it is sad how much we love guns here but I’m fine with hunting.  By why does anyone need a better weapon than police carry around (blue lives matter!)?  

Arm the police with the same(or more powerfull) weapons they face on the street.

When police are policing and trying to keep the country safe I do not want a fair fight, I want the police to overwhelm the perp.

Edited by cba fan

I guess an NFL team will hire a convicted felon before they will hire a guy who wants to exercise his 1st Amendment right of freedom of expression.

God I hate the NFL.

These billionaires won't go anywhere near anyone or anything that might take a few dimes out of their pocket.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I guess an NFL team will hire a convicted felon before they will hire a guy who wants to exercise his 1st Amendment right of freedom of expression.

God I hate the NFL.

These billionaires won't go anywhere near anyone or anything that might take a few dimes out of their pocket.

I think Colin would want an employer to consider hiring convicted felons (as do I). If you're ok with rejecting guys from gainful employment for their past mistakes then why insert them back into society!

Colin knew what he was doing and let's not act surprised that big buisness is doing all it can to protect its bottoms line. Go kicking and screaming about a millionaire costing himself millions while people shop at companies like Walmart who pay their workers **** wages and manipulate their hours to keep them from health insurance. Life is not fair, everyone can't be a doctor or lawyer. The robots aren't a full go yet we still need folks to flip burgers and stock shelves.

Oh such a raw deal Colin Kap is getting!