Who will Beane take??

I am  going to exclude Darnold here, bc IMO, he's either going to Cleveland @1 or to NYG @2. The question is, not who you want, but who do you think Beane will take whenever they pick, whether that is 2, 3, 4, or whatever?? 

Allen, Rosen, or Mayfield?

To answer my own question, I really feel that this organization is very high on Josh Allen. I think they value  both McCarron and Peterman, enough to give either of them a chance to play in  2018, and let Allen "develop." I think the Bills,  and many other NFL clubs, really LOVE his arm & athleticism,  and I also  think that Beane sees alot of  Cam Newton in  Allen. Once again, this is who I think the Bills want, and wouldn't be my choice. This would be quite unpopular, especially  if he goes before Rosen and/or Mayfield. 

What say you? BTW, Go Bills and  less than 2 weeks to go!!

1 minute ago, elltrain22 said:

I am  going to exclude Darnold here, bc IMO, he's either going to Cleveland @1 or to NYG @2. The question is, not who you want, but who do you think Beane will take whenever they pick, whether that is 2, 3, 4, or whatever?? 

Allen, Rosen, or Mayfield?

To answer my own question, I really feel that this organization is very high on Josh Allen. I think they value  both McCarron and Peterman, enough to give either of them a chance to play in  2018, and let Allen "develop." I think the Bills,  and many other NFL clubs, really LOVE his arm & athleticism,  and I also  think that Beane sees alot of  Cam Newton in  Allen. Once again, this is who I think the Bills want, and wouldn't be my choice. This would be quite unpopular, especially  if he goes before Rosen and/or Mayfield. 

What say you? BTW, Go Bills and  less than 2 weeks to go!!

You could always have looked in the other 739 QB prediction threads to see what everyone else is saying. Could have occupied some time for you. 

But anyhoo, here's a free bump. God have mercy on your soul.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

Bills G.M. Brandon Beane: “We have to draft best player available”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/13/bills-g-m-brandon-beane-we-have-to-draft-best-player-available/

Typical GM Speak for this time of year... Never reveal anything about what you are planning to do... Notice that he also says in the article that the Bills don't have alot of holes that need to be filled? So when he says BPA is he really saying "take the BPA no matter what position he plays? Or is he saying "I want the best QB I can get"? One can interpret this in different ways...

And I wouldn't automatically exclude Darnold from the conversation either. Until he is officially "off the board" one cannot assume anything.

But to play along, assuming Darnold is drafted ahead of us and the rest of the QB's are still available at the Bills pick (whenever that might turn out to be)  I think my order of preference (if I were McBeane) would be Rosen, Allen, Mayfield...

Edited by DefenseWins

I believe the McBeane's think Josh Allen can be like Cam Newton.  They fail to realize that Cam was so highly recruited that they were offering his services to the highest bidder and Auburn may or may not have paid a fortune to get him.  Nobody wanted Josh Allen, 1 D1 scholarship offer, he played the games and still stunk, but....he's tall and athletic with a strong arm!  he's Cam Newton!  Minus the Heisman trophy and National Championship or really any kind of success at all.  But otherwise EXACTLY THE SAME!

Edited by kdiggz

I wish for a move up to get Darnold,Rosen or Mayfield but sadly its not the Bills way to be so aggressive for a QB so IMO they will stay at 12 and get whomever falls to them or will end up with Rudolph in the teens after a move up from 22 because he is the 6th QB left and they need to make sure they get one of the top 6 from this draft. So IMO the Billsy thing to happen is Rudolph even though I hope things are different and a move up for one of the top 3 is in the cards. If they move up or take at 12 Allen/Jackson I think I will break my remote seeing such a Whaley move of taking one of the two QBs that are pointed as flops in the NFL IMO. Got my fingers trippled crossed for the move up for one of the top 3.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I wish for a move up to get Darnold,Rosen or Mayfield but sadly its not the Bills way to be so aggressive for a QB so IMO they will stay at 12 and get whomever falls to them or will end up with Rudolph in the teens after a move up from 22 because he is the 6th QB left and they need to make sure they get one of the top 6 from this draft. So IMO the Billsy thing to happen is Rudolph even though I hope things are different and a move up for one of the top 3 is I'm the cards. If they move up or take at 12 Allen/Jackson I think I will break my remote seeing such a Whaley move of taking one of the two QBs that are pointed as flops in the NFL IMO. Got my fingers trippled crossed for the move up for one of the top 3.

NEWS FLASH:  Buffalo Bills have a NEW OWNER, NEW Head Coach, NEW GM, etc.

On April 26th we will find out what is the "Bills Way".

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think Beane wants Josh Allen but I think ultimately ends up with Rosen instead.

I think they have about the same chance of succeeding. Mayfield would be my choice because he is more of a football player and competitor than both of those guys combined. Mayfield has that hate to lose mentality that you can't teach. 

Just now, cd1 said:

NEWS FLASH:  Buffalo Bills have a NEW OWNER, NEW Head Coach, NEW GM, etc.

On April 26th we will find out what is the "Bills Way".

Sure hope so, I really want change. Remember these new guys stuck with Tyrod year 1 and was happy to do it so IMO I will wait to see how different they really are. Draft can't come soon enough to show me who they really are.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Derby Dan said:

Any truth to the big news conference being scheduled or is it just a rumor?  Starting to hear some noise.  Interesting

ooooh, interesting...I heard the same thing from Brocton Brad...F5 F5 F5!

26 minutes ago, Derby Dan said:

Any truth to the big news conference being scheduled or is it just a rumor?  Starting to hear some noise.  Interesting

You mean the one they already announced for next week that they do every year right before the draft? That there's already a thread here on this very sight talking about it? Those rumors? Nope. No idea what you are talking about.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

You could always have looked in the other 739 QB prediction threads to see what everyone else is saying. Could have occupied some time for you. 

But anyhoo, here's a free bump. God have mercy on your soul.

Sorry to start another thread. I won't do it again

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Not knowing where we are going to pick kinda inhibits our ability to make an educated guess here. Even if I knew where we are picking it all depends on who gets picked before us. 

I think so too. We do not control the top of the draft.

That means we will get whoever the other teams let us get. If they let us trade up, we can get a higher ranked QB. If they don't we can only get who falls to us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Under direct order from Terry Pegula, the Bills will move up to #2 and select Saquon Barkley - RB - Penn St. T Pegs has that Penn St connection and Barkley is the best player to come out of there in years.

If not the above scenario, I could see the Bills board having QB's listed #1 - #6.

Best guess is that the Bills will move up to #7 and take Josh Allen.