6 QB's off the board by pick 16

It's looking more and more like Allen, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson and Rudolph go with the first 16 picks.

My thoughts are

Allen to the Browns, Darnold to the Giants, Rosen to the Jets, Mayfield to Broncos, Jackson to the Bills and Rudolph to the Ravens.

I'm thrilled if this happens.  Bills get the best athlete with the highest upside in this draft.  Can he start in 2018, no, can he play in specific packages during games to add something else to game plan for, absolutely yes.

The secondary benefit with 6 QB's going first many top players will slip to our spot at 22.

With holes at MLB, OLB, WR, Interrior Offensive line, 3 technique DT, Slot Corner, OT and RB we have exactly 8 picks remaining.  

Lets use this draft wisely and fill our roster.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, greeneblitz said:

Jackson to the Bills would be our worst case senario stuck with yet another QB that can't throw the ball.

Have you watched any game film of Lamar Jackson.  Your post shows me you haven't.  Would you prefer Josh Allen?  Talk about not being ready to play.  Rosen and Darnold are out of our range due to the cost of moving up and the holes on the roster.

Mayfield is the wildcard, he could drop to 12, if it's a choice between the two I think the Bills would take Mayfield, I wouldn't but he has met with the Bills a number of times.

My bottom line is I'm not trading up, I need the picks to rebuild my roster to fill the holes we have.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Have you watched any game film of Lamar Jackson.  Your post shows me you haven't.  Would you prefer Josh Allen?  Talk about not being ready to play.  Rosen and Darnold are out of our range due to the cost of moving up and the holes on the roster.

Mayfield is the wildcard, he could drop to 12, if it's a choice between the two I think the Bills would take Mayfield, I wouldn't but he has met with the Bills a number of times.

My bottom line is I'm not trading up, I need the picks to rebuild my roster to fill the holes we have.

Yes we have holes.

No they don't need to be filled this year. They're building for the long term, and thank God for that.

Thing is, Beane and Co obviously disagree, as they've been making move after move for more than a year showing that they plan to trade up. They might not be able to, but it's very obvious that's their plan.

As for 6 QBs in the top 16, I don't see anyone but you saying it's looking more and more that way. Five or even six in the first round wouldn't surprise me, though. Nearly everyone has five in the 1st as a very reasonable possibility.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

It's looking more and more like Allen, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson and Rudolph go with the first 16 picks.

My thoughts are

Allen to the Browns, Darnold to the Giants, Rosen to the Jets, Mayfield to Broncos, Jackson to the Bills and Rudolph to the Ravens.

I'm thrilled if this happens.  Bills get the best athlete with the highest upside in this draft.  Can he start in 2018, no, can he play in specific packages during games to add something else to game plan for, absolutely yes.

The secondary benefit with 6 QB's going first many top players will slip to our spot at 22.

With holes at MLB, OLB, WR, Interrior Offensive line, 3 technique DT, Slot Corner, OT and RB we have exactly 8 picks remaining.  

Bills aren't drafting Jackson.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

My thoughts are

It may be ticky tacky but I'm not sure Jackson has the most upside. Isnt that literally the allure of Allen?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yes we have holes.

No they don't need to be filled this year. They're building for the long term, and thank God for that.

Thing is, Beane and Co obviously disagree, as they've been making move after move for more than a year showing that they plan to trade up. They might not be able to, but it's very obvious that's their plan.

As for 6 QBs in the top 16, I don't see anyone but you saying it's looking more and more that way. Five or even six in the first round wouldn't surprise me, though. Nearly everyone has five in the 1st as a very reasonable possibility.

The bills may or may not like and be targeting Jackson. The bills may or may not be trading up for a quarterback. What is for certain at this time is ............Nothing is obvious! All bets are on!

Just now, Mojo44 said:

The bills may or may not like and be targeting Jackson. The bills may or may not be trading up for a quarterback. What is for certain at this time is ............Nothing is obvious! All bets are on!

Agreed we don't know what will happen.

But we do know what they want to do, insofar as they want to trade up for somebody. Who that is there's no way to know. They've made it obvious with the moves they've made since Beane arrived that it's one of them, though.

20 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Agreed we don't know what will happen.

But we do know what they want to do, insofar as they want to trade up for somebody. Who that is there's no way to know. They've made it obvious with the moves they've made since Beane arrived that it's one of them, though.

There are certainly strong indications that there ultimate goal is to trade up. However I’m not as convinced as others are that this is their written in stone plan. I am so uncertain as to what they are planning to do that all I can do is sit back, watch, and try to  enjoy “The process”. I do believe that they plan to pick a quarterback in the first round. Whether it’s at 12, 22 or a trade up, who knows? As a fan, my plan is to get behind it 100% whatever they do.

32 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

There are certainly strong indications that there ultimate goal is to trade up. However I’m not as convinced as others are that this is their written in stone plan. I am so uncertain as to what they are planning to do that all I can do is sit back, watch, and try to  enjoy “The process”. I do believe that they plan to pick a quarterback in the first round. Whether it’s at 12, 22 or a trade up, who knows? As a fan, my plan is to get behind it 100% whatever they do.

Hah, you'll be behind it 100%, whatever? Wow, you're a better fan than I. I generally reserve the right to criticize and disagree, though I do my best to convince myself it has a chance.

And I would argue that it's as close to written in stone that they plan to trade up as plans in complicated circumstances ever get. They wouldn't have traded a WR, a CB and a tackle away for picks in order to use the draft to fill holes at tackle and WR and maybe CB ... among other things. Doesn't make sense. They want to trade up. Not that that guarantees they'll be able to but it's clear that's what they want and have wanted for more than a year.