LA Darnold Workout Speaks Volumes

theRalph

On 4/10/2018 at 2:10 PM, theRalph said:

Some of us are waking at 3AM every day to see if the Bills have further traded up. That hasn't occurred as yet, but a 10-ton hint to this part of "the process" was dropped yesterday when reports surfaced that the Bills' top evaluators would travel to USC to work out Sam Darnold this Friday. When I heard this from Mike Schopp, I was compelled to call to say that the Bills must know they can get to #1 or #2, or why would you spend valuable pre-draft time vetting a QB you've no chance of drafting. Mike agreed, as did morning host Jeremy White this morning. Howard Simon questions, though, how can the Bills get to 1 or 2 from 12? Well, here's a bold prediction:

1. Browns select Josh Allen with the first pick.

2. Browns trade the 4th pick to the Bills with a big price tag. We've all heard what that price might be (12, 22, 53, 65...hopefully not 2019 first rounder also).

3. Bill trade the Giants the 4th pick, plus their remaining 2nd round pick (56) for the #2 pick.

4. Bills select Sam Darnold with the second pick.

5. Jets select one of the remaining QBs with the third pick.

4. Giants either select Bradley Chubb with the fourth pick, or trade down a few slots with any QB hungry team, with the assurance that Chubb will be available at 5, 6, or 7...maybe further.

We'll see.

this would be INSANE give up a lot of collateral and all first 4 picks !!

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nothing personal at all, man.  You said " Some of us are waking at 3AM every day to see if the Bills have further traded up. "

That ain't normal, man.  More exercise, less caffeine, psychological help, or more of a life.  Nothing derogatory intended.

It was a rhetorical statement. And your reply was most derogatory. If you reside in a state that has bottle deposits, return a few and buy yourself a clue.

Beane used to work for Gettleman

We have worked out the QB that many think is the best in a strong class.

The Giants just lost their best pass rusher.

We just signed Trent Murphy, so Hughes is expendable.

Cleveland is likely (IMO) to take Barkley #1 knowing that they are still guaranteed one of the top 3 QB's at #4.

The Browns have already named Tyrod the starter.

Just connecting the dots here and look what I see! The Bills could be the first team to select a QB by giving up 2 firsts, a 3rd and Hughes. They keep the 2019 first and still have good picks to work with on day 2.

28 minutes ago, theRalph said:

It was a rhetorical statement. And your reply was most derogatory. If you reside in a state that has bottle deposits, return a few and buy yourself a clue.

Er, I think you might need to review the definition of "rhetorical statement" 'cuz "some of us are waking at 3 AM every day..." doesn't fit...you might have intended it as a humorous exaggeration or hyperbole or the like? 

But I do congratulate you on living such a smooth life that you find the suggestion "more exercise, less caffeine, more of a life, or psychological help" as a proposed solution to be "most derogatory".  

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nothing personal at all, man.  You said " Some of us are waking at 3AM every day to see if the Bills have further traded up. "

That ain't normal, man.  More exercise, less caffeine, psychological help, or more of a life.  Nothing derogatory intended.

I think OP is THE Brandon beane. He should be losing sleep

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some of us work to 3 am and not much to do with worrying if ghost of Ditka takes over Beane.

Do you know if they asked Darnold that if he is drafted will he bring his offense line with him?

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Some of us work to 3 am and not much to do with worrying if ghost of Ditka takes over Beane.

Do you know if they asked Darnold that if he is drafted will he bring his offense line with him?

Oh, sure, fair 'nuff. 

I thought Darnold's OL was supposed to be crap and causing him to feel "ghost pressure"?

On 4/10/2018 at 2:10 PM, theRalph said:

We'll see.

My take was that Darnold couldn't fit in a visit to OBD in the next week so and the FO decided to go to him.    If he was truly their guy, they would've likely had a lot more contact with him by this point in the process, IMO....

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

My take was that Darnold couldn't fit in a visit to OBD in the next week so and the FO decided to go to him.    If he was truly their guy, they would've likely had a lot more contact with him by this point in the process, IMO....

Don't forget they also have a limit on visits here, 30 I think.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, theRalph said:

Some of us are waking at 3AM every day to see if the Bills have further traded up. That hasn't occurred as yet, but a 10-ton hint to this part of "the process" was dropped yesterday when reports surfaced that the Bills' top evaluators would travel to USC to work out Sam Darnold this Friday. When I heard this from Mike Schopp, I was compelled to call to say that the Bills must know they can get to #1 or #2, or why would you spend valuable pre-draft time vetting a QB you've no chance of drafting. Mike agreed, as did morning host Jeremy White this morning. Howard Simon questions, though, how can the Bills get to 1 or 2 from 12? Well, here's a bold prediction:

2. Browns trade the 4th pick to the Bills with a big price tag. We've all heard what that price might be (12, 22, 53, 65...hopefully not 2019 first rounder also).

3. Bill trade the Giants the 4th pick, plus their remaining 2nd round pick (56) for the #2 pick.

4. Giants either select Bradley Chubb with the fourth pick, or trade down a few slots with any QB hungry team, with the assurance that Chubb will be available at 5, 6, or 7...maybe further.

We'll see.

That will save a lot of money on travel for the rookies. So trading five picks for our QB isn't that bad because Darnold was a linebacker in high school. Ohtani.. Darnold.... 

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't forget they also have a limit on visits here, 30 I think.

Yep, but these QB prospects are flying all around the country right now, visiting 4-5-6 teams.  Scheduling must be a b*tch as supposedly they're still 'students' as well...

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Beane used to work for Gettleman

We have worked out the QB that many think is the best in a strong class.

The Giants just lost their best pass rusher.

We just signed Trent Murphy, so Hughes is expendable.

Cleveland is likely (IMO) to take Barkley #1 knowing that they are still guaranteed one of the top 3 QB's at #4.

The Browns have already named Tyrod the starter.

Just connecting the dots here and look what I see! The Bills could be the first team to select a QB by giving up 2 firsts, a 3rd and Hughes. They keep the 2019 first and still have good picks to work with on day 2.

This would be the perfect scenario.

On 4/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, SouthNYfan said:

Giants want Darnold though...

I disagree.  Leaks this time of year is to increase the take imo.  If they wanted Darnold why let Cleveland know?  They may think he falls to 4...  Imo Gettleman knows Beane enough to know his guy.  Imo its 12,22,53,65 and 2019 2nd.  What the rumor is Beane already offered.  Gettleman wants 2019 1st.  I wont be surprised that happpens but expect the giants 3rd and a 2019 4th to off set it.

January, everyone would be estatic if Buffalo gets the pick of Darnold or Rosen.  I fimrly believe that is the case.  Im torn.  Rosens injury history concens me, so does Darnolds fumbles and ints.  Fun times.  Either guy is the best Qb prospect Buffalo has ever had.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

I disagree.  Leaks this time of year is to increase the take imo.  If they wanted Darnold why let Cleveland know?  They may think he falls to 4...  Imo Gettleman knows Beane enough to know his guy.  Imo its 12,22,53,65 and 2019 2nd.  What the rumor is Beane already offered.  Gettleman wants 2019 1st.  I wont be surprised that happpens but expect the giants 3rd and a 2019 4th to off set it.

January, everyone would be estatic if Buffalo gets the pick of Darnold or Rosen.  I fimrly believe that is the case.  Im torn.  Rosens injury history concens me, so does Darnolds fumbles and ints.  Fun times.  Either guy is the best Qb prospect Buffalo has ever had.

I disagree with you.

I think the leaks are true.

Some leaks are true, some are not.

There is honestly no way to tell.

Could be a ton of scenarios.

Could be the Giants want Barkley, so leaking that they want Darnold could be to tempt the Browns into taking him first, leaving Barkley for #2.

Could also be that the Giants actually do want Darnold, which, as you said, would drive up the price of #2.

Could also be that the Giants want Allen (just saying, we really don't know who they want) and are trying to drive Cleveland away from him.

In the end, I do agree with your second part.

I'd be pumped for Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield. 

ANY of them would make me happy at this point.

Let's just hope we get a top tier prospect and don't wind up grasping for straws.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I used to work at 3 a.m. and did that for years. I just recently few months ago switched hours. I'll never miss waking up at that time. I found it hard to stay on rythm and no amount of sleep ever made that 3 a.m. buzzer any easier to deal with. 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He’s right. I try to be up by 2am to check 

On 2018-04-10 at 2:10 PM, theRalph said:

We'll see.

Plausible 

15 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Anybody know anything about today's Darnold meeting? Who went from the Bills would be most telling.

Everyone including the Pegulas. The private jet leaves from Santa Ana, CA in a couple of hours. Probably went to dinner last night with Darnold so they stayed overnight.

UPCOMING FLIGHTS

Saturday
14-Apr-2018
08:25AM MSTRocky Mtn Metropolitan - BJC
01:09PM ESTBuffalo Niagara Intl - BUF
Saturday
14-Apr-2018
04:55AM PSTJohn Wayne - SNA
07:44AM MSTRocky Mtn Metropolitan - BJC

PAST FLIGHTS

Friday
13-Apr-2018