2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh those CAPS. ...  Blow a 2 goal lead and score only when on the power play   SoS with them.... 

It’s going to be a battle with CBJ who also have history of early playoff exits! I mean they’ve only been in existence for 17 years but in that time they’ve never won a playoff series and this is the only time they’ve ever led in a series ?

15 minutes ago, thebug said:

Has to be 3. That lunge at the end is way over the line. He could have let up. 

Yah it was pretty dirty, instead of let up he went all out for it. I'm glad the hitting is back for the playoffs but that was over the line. Probably two games.

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Has to be at least 2 for that. I like what Kadri was trying to do but bad execution. Need to push back but not like that.

Problem is he had a questionable hit 3minutes before that..like I said, I dont feel so bad for Bruins players as they choose to employ an even scummier, dirtier player than Kadri in Marchard..karma be a B word sometimes

and the goof sitting there taping the Bruin shaking the cobwebs from his head

"yeah, I got it all on film!!!!"

my all-time favourite Leafs cheap shot was Eddie Shack cross checking Wayne Cashman in the face during a scrum.  I never found out the repercussions of that move as I recall Mr. Cashman wasn't one to forgive and forget....

• Haha (+1) 1

Kadri is a twerp just like Marchand so I'm not sure karma is the problem. It's the playoffs let him back out there game 2, let 33 have him.

Stupid hit by a pretty good player, now he may miss time for teeing off on a guy who probably wouldn't have been in the lineup next game anyways. Riley Nash is due to come back and Donato is waiting in the wings. 

Won't be long until Marchand does the same thing and screws his team so I'm hoping for no suspension. Drew Doughty got a game for a hit the other night so that's a sign player safety will remain a focus throughout. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Filthy!

Been on fire since he was dealt to SJS.

Really that goal by Forsberg is on the dman. No way that guy should be able to pull off that move against a legit pro dman. You never look at the puck in that situation. Keep your eyes on the guys chest and play the man. Inexcusable play by Girard or whomever that was.

Edited by Dante
grammer

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Probably best Kadri not suit up for game 2 in Boston.

He won't be able to. He will be gone for at least 2. 

My son is a big Leaf fan, and like a lot of them a little delusional.  Listening to him all year you would think the Stanley Cup was all but a lock for them and their current team had 5 potential Hall Of Famers. All I would say to him is "yeah, the Leafs are an exciting, fast skilled team. But it all changes in the playoffs. You have to have toughness as well."

Of course, that was met with a dismissive "I know, right". But here we are. They better bring up Martin to push back because the Bruins are just going to keep running their skill guys.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dante said:

He won't be able to. He will be gone for at least 2. 

My son is a big Leaf fan, and like a lot of them a little delusional.  Listening to him all year you would think the Stanley Cup was all but a lock for them and their current team had 5 potential Hall Of Famers. All I would say to him is "yeah, the Leafs are an exciting, fast skilled team. But it all changes in the playoffs. You have to have toughness as well."

Of course, that was met with a dismissive "I know, right". But here we are. They better bring up Martin to push back because the Bruins are just going to keep running their skill guys.

It's nice to have a playoff contender, a bit sooner than i was counting on when Lou and Babcock came over

that was the first game that really mattered for the Leafs since Christmas, the last half of the year they were safe in third place with no pressure to try hard on any given night

this isn't over quite yet...

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It's nice to have a playoff contender, a bit sooner than i was counting on when Lou and Babcock came over

that was the first game that really mattered for the Leafs since Christmas, the last half of the year they were safe in third place with no pressure to try hard on any given night

this isn't over quite yet...

Don't think it's over. It's just not going to be the same game as it's been all year.

Thought the Thurs. games were boring.

Lots of decisive wins around the league.

I watched the Anaheim game and was amazed to see tons of empty seats out there. WTF?  This is playoff hockey and the Ducks have won the Cup. 

If your fan base can't fill the building for a playoff game, you shouldn't have a team.

4 hours ago, eball said:

So much for answering the question of whether the Flyers could respond to losing by a touchdown in G1.

I agree, @plenzmd1, watching the excitement in Vegas has me envious as hell.

Yeah... happy to see that the Flyers responded. The last thing I want is another Penguins run at the cup. 

Vegas is having a blast and it's nice to see. I really didn't think they would embrace hockey.