Mason Rudolph to Have Pre-Draft Visit With the Bills

Redskins were also reported to be interested in Rudolph as well. There are enough teams that are completely desperate for a qb or looking to find a younger/cheaper alternative to replace an aging veteran or average qb. I am confident 6 qbs will go in round 1

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They actually aren’t allowed to do any on-field testing during these visits. Only written testing, interviews, and medical checks. 

I would hesitate to look too much into who they have brought in. Last year the Bills  only drafted one guy who they brought in (Peterman). Their top picks didn’t visit.

Looking at where Beane was last year, the Panthers also only drafted one of their players who visited, Christian McCaffrey. 

Of interest, two of the Bills top picks visited the Panthers last year but not the Bills: White and Dawkins. And the Panthers held a private workout with Zay. 

I thought the teams could on field test ?

Two Prospects Have Sustained Serious Injury During Private Team Workouts

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/204006-two-prospects-have-sustained-serious-injury-during-private-team-workouts/

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

I thought the teams could on field test ?

Two Prospects Have Sustained Serious Injury During Private Team Workouts

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/204006-two-prospects-have-sustained-serious-injury-during-private-team-workouts/

Those were not at team facilities. They can only work them out off-site which is usually at their school. The rules i mentioned pertain to the 30 visits teams have to their city/facilities. 

If yiu see “private workout” that means the team traveled to the player. If you see “private visit” that means the player traveled to the team

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I'm fine with Rudolph but I'd like them to do better if they can.

What a crazy draft it's going to be with all these QBs. I've never seen hype like this before when it comes to signal callers.

This is where I am at but, I also understand that none of us know at this point who will ultimately turn out to be “better.” 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In addition to 6 QBs going in the first round, I am also starting to get the sense that the order of the 6 could be really surprising. That is, I would not be at all surprised if one of the "Big 4" (Mayfield?) winds up dropping behind Rudolph and/or Jackson come draft day.

1 hour ago, racketmaster said:

Redskins were also reported to be interested in Rudolph as well. There are enough teams that are completely desperate for a qb or looking to find a younger/cheaper alternative to replace an aging veteran or average qb. I am confident 6 qbs will go in round 1

I got called an idiot when I said this a couple months ago

Crazy how it looks accurate now, right?

• Like (+1) 1

I like Rudolph and think he is the perfect fit for Buffalo.  I think Rosen will be the best QB of the draft, but I don't think they'll have a shot at him, when it's all said and done.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

In addition to 6 QBs going in the first round, I am also starting to get the sense that the order of the 6 could be really surprising. That is, I would not be at all surprised if one of the "Big 4" (Mayfield?) winds up dropping behind Rudolph and/or Jackson come draft day.

I think Mayfield drops a bit. He's accurate and has a lot of things you like. But a 6 foot and a half inch QB isn't going top 5. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/6/2018 at 6:47 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

You make some good points. You aren't taking into account Rudolph's noodle arm as compared to Allen (maybe one of the best arms ever). When you talk about physical ability, there really is no argument, but stats etc Rudolph has him there. We will see what happens, but there is a reason why Allen is projected to go in the top five and Rudolph is a day two pick who could get overdrafted in the bottom of the first. 

You have to take potential into account, and the high ceiling of Allen makes him far and away the better prospect. 

I get the potential thing and I won't be disappointed if we take Allen but I'm worried about the price to be paid for just "potential" a completely unproven raw athlete. And as far as arms go, jamarcus Russell had a huge arm.

13 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I'm fine with Rudolph but I'd like them to do better if they can.

What a crazy draft it's going to be with all these QBs. I've never seen hype like this before when it comes to signal callers.

I think it's Wentz /Goff/Prescott/ Watson. It's been awhile since drafting QBs and it immediately changes your franchise. Since probably Wilson and luck. Alot of GM's watched the eagles sell out and gamble on Wentz and it might go down as thier greatest move in thier franchise. No team is gonna take the slightest chance at missing out on a Wentz or Watson this year. Especially the browns

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If we want to read into the visits so far, I will surmise that they want Rosen if they can get to 2, Mayfield if they can get to 4, Rudolph if they can’t trade up to top 5. If Rudolph, they would  take at 22 if he’s there and one of the LBs at 12 that they have brought in. 

Well reasoned. Remember of course that they have a couple of weeks to go yet. Hard for me to believe they are going to pick a kid to be the face of the franchise that hasn’t visited with them at OBD.

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well reasoned. Remember of course that they have a couple of weeks to go yet. Hard for me to believe they are going to pick a kid to be the face of the franchise that hasn’t visited with them at OBD.

Agree. I don’t think they will. There is still a little time, but they aren’t going to be doing visits the week if the draft. They need to set their board. If Darnold, Allen and Lamar aren’t at least scheduled to come in by sometime this week I don’t think they are options for the Bills.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, PIZ said:

This might be the Ravens leaking something so that they can get a guy they want to fall to them.  But it also might be serious as this is Ozzie Newsome's last draft and they may want to make sure the franchise does not fall back into QB purgatory again.  It could be Ozzie's parting gift.

Edited by NewEraBills

3 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

This might be the Ravens leaking something so that they can get a guy they want to fall to them.  But it also might be serious as this is Ozzie Newsome's last draft and they may want to make sure the franchise does not fall back into QB purgatory again.  It could be Ozzie's parting gift.

I also heard they really like Lamar. Interesting with the signing of RG3, too. And Roman is there.

Is this Oklahoma St. offense similar to Daboll's offense?  Looks similar to the one the Patriots run...quick hitting passes and RAC.  I still think he is the Bills second choice after Rosen.