Mason Rudolph to Have Pre-Draft Visit With the Bills

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Did you think Mayfield's arrest will have an effect McBeane moving up for him?  It's why I think they will go conservative and take Rudolph and keep the picks.

Nope. His height might, though. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Did you think Mayfield's arrest will have an effect McBeane moving up for him?  It's why I think they will go conservative and take Rudolph and keep the picks.

Absolutely not, it was an isolated incident.

They are keeping a WR who nakedly tried to jump out of a hotel window...

After watcing that video it makes me super nervous about his elusiveness in the pocket.  He couldn't even get away from those cops.  What's gonna happen when fast LBs and Defensive Linemen are chasing him?  Probably fold up like a lawn chair like he did in the arrest vid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PIZ said:

There are two players on our roster right now, drafted last year, with what we can say is a sketchy past. 

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

After watcing that video it makes me super nervous about his elusiveness in the pocket.  He couldn't even get away from those cops.  What's gonna happen when fast LBs and Defensive Linemen are chasing him?  Probably fold up like a lawn chair like he did in the arrest vid.

Looks like he would have got a concussion.  Took a big hit.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If the rumors are true, he could go to Pittsburgh at 28.

Pittsburgh is trying to win a Super Bowl.

They're not drafting a 1st round QB to sit on the bench all year for a red shirt season (or two, or three). 

9 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Mason Rudolph QB at #12

Leighton Vander Esch ILB at #22

James Washington WR at #53

Donte Jackson CB at #56

GET R DUN!

Yea baby!  Don't gamble with our epic draft pics.  Let's build a champion!!!

22 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

yeah, but that only applies when he is playing drunk. 

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Yea baby!  Don't gamble with our epic draft pics.  Let's build a champion!!!

it all depends on how he fits the process. if he has enough physical talent, but is exactly the type of person they are looking for, then he could be their target. remember that they are "building a team, not assembling talent". it's all about the process. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The recent visits to OBD (Smith, Ward, Vander Esch, Rudolph) have really got me feeling like a trade up isn't happening.

I wonder the same, makes me want to be in beanes head. He obviously wants to build but not selling out everything like the Rams to try for a super bowl. But he's building a franchise, and he has a GM's dream number of picks to do it with this draft not to mention the amount of talent that will slide cuz of all the QBs going early. Makes you wonder if he wants to sell this year and next year and still not get the top QB.

37 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

That's  that 4.84 right there. He's fine against Preston Brown though. So we are good if we play the Bengals. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

3 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I wonder the same, makes me want to be in beanes head. He obviously wants to build but not selling out everything like the Rams to try for a super bowl. But he's building a franchise, and he has a GM's dream number of picks to do it with this draft not to mention the amount of talent that will slide cuz of all the QBs going early. Makes you wonder if he wants to sell this year and next year and still not get the top QB.

They can bring in 30 guys so they will. No trade has officially occurred yet, even if one is on the table ready for a draft day trigger. Therefore, they need to go through the process of evaluating players they are interested in drafting regardless of where they are pegged to go. Anything can happen and they need to be prepared. A video could be released draft night of one of the top guys smoking pot like a couple years ago. He could fall. You never know. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I really don't see a huge gap between Allen and Rudolph. Other than Allen is the prototype build. But Rudolph has a heavy set frame that can handle hits and Rudolph is no stranger to prime time and has played against top college talent. I think if we have to trade up just to get Allen we should stay put and take him if he's there at 12 or take Rudolph at 12

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I really don't see a huge gap between Allen and Rudolph. Other than Allen is the prototype build. But Rudolph has a heavy set frame that can handle hits and Rudolph is no stranger to prime time and has played against top college talent. I think if we have to trade up just to get Allen we should stay put and take him if he's there at 12 or take Rudolph at 12

Allen has projectable talent in terms of potential success in the NFL. Their physical ability isn't even on the same stratosphere. Allen has the potential to be ridiculously good whereas Rudolph has the upside of back up/mediocre starter. That's why Allen is a first round pick and Rudolph is not. The top of the draft is about upside and projection. It isn't even close. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I am assuming that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are in the same conference, and if so, that Rudolph went up against Mayfield - possibly even more than once? If anyone has some stats from those games I would be very interested in seeing them.

Baker won 62-52. He threw for nearly 600 yards. Rudolph threw for 450. Nobody played any defense. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I am assuming that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are in the same conference, and if so, that Rudolph went up against Mayfield - possibly even more than once? If anyone has some stats from those games I would be very interested in seeing them.

It was quite a game. They did whatever they wanted, last one with the ball won.

Edited by YoloinOhio