Mason Rudolph to Have Pre-Draft Visit With the Bills

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They actually aren’t allowed to do any on-field testing during these visits. Only written testing, interviews, and medical checks. 

I would hesitate to look too much into who they have brought in. Last year the Bills  only drafted one guy who they brought in (Peterman). Their top picks didn’t visit.

Looking at where Beane was last year, the Panthers also only drafted one of their players who visited, Christian McCaffrey. 

Of interest, two of the Bills top picks visited the Panthers last year but not the Bills: White and Dawkins. And the Panthers held a private workout with Zay. 

so three of the people Beane/Panthers brought in wound up as being a pick of either the Bills or Panthers. 

And you say you wouldn't look too much into this? 

7 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

so three of the people Beane/Panthers brought in wound up as being a pick of either the Bills or Panthers. 

And you say you wouldn't look too much into this? 

Ha - well it depends on how much *cough* collaboration *cough* was going on between those two before Whales was officially  ousted. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

... but his tiny hands are a concern. 

I envy guys like you. You probably have really, really big sneakers. 

Seriously, is there anything you've seen that correlates small hands to failure among QBs? One of the things an older poster set up here was a history of the Wonderlic. It helped to frame how I see Lamar Jackson; did he simply not study that exam in the way he stubbornly decided not to run/not have an agent and then on some level is actually a person to be possibly admired, or is he frankly sort of stupid?

Hand size. I hear it a lot and I've never seen it substantiated. 

edit: nvm. Gotta love Google.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/09/upshot/big-hands-small-colleges-and-the-nfl-draft.html

Edited by Tyrod's friend

3 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I envy guys like you. You probably have really, really big sneakers. 

Seriously, is there anything you've seen that correlates small hands to failure among QBs? One of the things an older poster set up here was a history of the Wonderlic. It helped to frame how I see Lamar Jackson; did he simply not study that exam in the way he stubbornly decided not to run/not have an agent and then on some level is actually a person to be possibly admired, or is he frankly sort of stupid?

Hand size. I hear it a lot and I've never seen it substantiated. 

This is generally something that is measured for WR's which is why I laughed at the suggestion of Lamar Jackson at WR.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They actually aren’t allowed to do any on-field testing during these visits. Only written testing, interviews, and medical checks. 

I would hesitate to look too much into who they have brought in. Last year the Bills  only drafted one guy who they brought in (Peterman). Their top picks didn’t visit.

Looking at where Beane was last year, the Panthers also only drafted one of their players who visited, Christian McCaffrey. 

Of interest, two of the Bills top picks visited the Panthers last year but not the Bills: White and Dawkins. And the Panthers held a private workout with Zay. 

Maybe we should pay attention to who the Panthers bring in :P

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Maybe we should pay attention to who the Panthers bring in :P

Tony Adams C NC State

Jaire Alexander CB

Jessie Bates S Wake

Jermaine Carter 

Nick Chubb

James Daniels

Duke Dawson

Raashan Evans

Jalen Holmes

Mike Hughes

Joshua Jackson

Christian Kirk

DJ Moore

Da'Ron Payne

Hayden Hurst

Edited by NewEraBills

1 minute ago, NewEraBills said:

Tony Adams C NC State

Jaire Alexander CB

Jessie Bates S Wake

Jermaine Carter 

Nick Chubb

James Daniels

Duke Dawson

Raashan Evans

Jalen Holmes

Mike Hughes

Joshua Jackson

Christian Kirk

DJ Moore

Da'Ron Payne

Hayden Hurst

Honestly, it was a joke, but thanks for the good work here.  I like Raashan Evans at 22 if we still have the pick after selecting a qb.  Christian Kirk would be a good day 2 target.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Honestly, it was a joke, but thanks for the good work here.  I like Raashan Evans at 22 if we still have the pick after selecting a qb.  Christian Kirk would be a good day 2 target.

LOL Ohhh I know, I just saw this post and on the phone with a friend of mine that actually lives there and I was like hey, who have you guys brought in and he started naming guys I was like hold on lol.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Not this year. But looking at patterns, the Panthers last 3 drafts included a 1st rd pick who visited. I didn’t look up prior to 2015. 

Well, since we are meeting with all the top qbs, I doubt any of this is a tell, though Rudolph is not a first round qb imo.

Just now, NewEraBills said:

LOL Ohhh I know, I just saw this post and on the phone with a friend of mine that actually lives there and I was like hey, who have you guys brought in and he started naming guys I was like hold on lol.

Amazingly quick work; serendipitous.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No Darnold, Lamar or Allen yet, right?

Not that I know of.  I don't think we have a shot at Darnold in any event.  I like Allen, contrary to many here.  Lamar is my emergency pick if we get frozen out of the top four, but that is a fail on the new regime's part.

If we want to read into the visits so far, I will surmise that they want Rosen if they can get to 2, Mayfield if they can get to 4, Rudolph if they can’t trade up to top 5. If Rudolph, they would  take at 22 if he’s there and one of the LBs at 12 that they have brought in. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If we want to read into the visits so far, I will surmise that they want Rosen if they can get to 2, Mayfield if they can get to 4, Rudolph if they can’t trade up to top 5. If Rudolph, they would  take at 22 if he’s there and one of the LBs at 12 that they have brought in. 

That's plausible.  Months ago, I speculated we would end up with Rudolph because he was the one fella I really didn't want :angry:

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Tony Adams C NC State

Jaire Alexander CB

Jessie Bates S Wake

Jermaine Carter 

Nick Chubb

James Daniels

Duke Dawson

Raashan Evans

Jalen Holmes

Mike Hughes

Joshua Jackson

Christian Kirk

DJ Moore

Da'Ron Payne

Hayden Hurst

They are going CB in the 1st I think 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Your right, forgot about that policy. Maybe Beane and McDermott could just invite Rudolph outside to play a game of catch. Lol 

Just now, racketmaster said:

Your right, forgot about that policy. Maybe Beane and McDermott could just invite Rudolph outside to play a game of catch. Lol 

You would think there would be some kind of virtual reality thing by now that could simulate him throwing in heavy wind 

• Like (+1) 1