Manziel: Browns Didn't Do Their Homework to Understand I Didn't Know X's and O's of Football

I mean you have to give him credit for having the balls to be honest, but this doesn't help his cause. He will have to go to Canada and start from scratch. He may get another shot in the league one day, he may not. Time will tell. 

52 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

the question is how is that even possible that any franchise would not do their due diligence knowing how important the pick was.

What the hell did they talk about in the interviews etc ...?????

44 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jimmy Haslam!  Lock him out of the room this time Dorsey and company.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/03/11/browns-release-johnny-manziel-homeless-man-draft

Scouts didn't want him. Haslim was "inspired" by some homeless guy. Trump weighs in on Johnny...

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jimmy Haslam!  Lock him out of the room this time Dorsey and company.

Dorsey wanted to fire Hue Jackson and start with a clean slate. The owner said no because he had a generous buy out term in his contract. It's as if the owner is working hard to sabotage his own franchise. Moral of the story is that having wealth doesn't mean that you are smart. 

2 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

So it's the browns fault he was a bust ? Sounds like more and more of a deflection game with Manziel.  He needs people around him to intervene before he speaks 

Yes.  And that they didn't recognize it before drafting him. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a guy that is a little bitter after spending his time and pro days sucking up and getting nowhere. The NFL don't want you bro even when they QB desperate. 

Strike while the irons hot. Don't wait until you pissed it away to care Johnny. Real QBs should be inspired not to be like you Johnny. Your at best a cautionary tale.

Edited by Lfod

Just now, Doc said:

Yes.  And that they didn't recognize it before drafting him. :rolleyes:

Well it kinda is, and (as much as this makes me puke to say it) I see what Manziel is coming from.

They interview him before the draft. He is upfront and honest and says that he has never ran a pro offense, has never learned a pro offense, and would need to start from scratch. At that point, as the employer, you need to be ready to train him up.

The Browns draft him, and then proceed to give him NO help in learning. Hoyer is not interested in helping him at all either.

What's he supposed to do?

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Well it kinda is, and (as much as this makes me puke to say it) I see what Manziel is coming from.

They interview him before the draft. He is upfront and honest and says that he has never ran a pro offense, has never learned a pro offense, and would need to start from scratch. At that point, as the employer, you need to be ready to train him up.

The Browns draft him, and then proceed to give him NO help in learning. Hoyer is not interested in helping him at all either.

What's he supposed to do?

Dive into the playbook like a professional with some dedication to being ready to play at the NFL level. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

the question is how is that even possible that any franchise would not do their due diligence knowing how important the pick was.

What the hell did they talk about in the interviews etc ...?????

Wasn't Manziel the one where the Browns whole scouting organization had Manziel graded down, and Haslam came in and said "draft him"?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

Exactly.    All it did was show he's still playing a blame game and that he continues to lack the wisdom to see the big picture moving forward.  All he can control is his own words and actions and they continue to be piss poor.

40 minutes ago, SoTier said:

It's worse than that IMO.  He's shirking all responsibility for his own conduct.  A mature adult would admit that he f'd up, and would promise that he'd try to do better if he got another chance.  It's also not his fault that he did whatever drugs he did, either, amirite?

Did you guys both skip this in the op tweeted from Manziel?

I also have nobody to blame but myself

I don't want to defend the guy and was never interested in him during the draft process but....  He went to bar none the worst run franchise in the NFL.  It isn't even a competition.  The Browns are very poorly run and didn't set the kid up for success.  Even if they did their part he probably wouldn't have been successful due to his substance abuse issues but they didn't put him in a position to succeed.  He's an idiot more for admitting that he didn't know x's and o's than he is for saying the Browns situation was toxic.  The Browns should have known that and demanded he spend a ton of classroom time learning that during the entire offseason.  Again with his substance abuse issues who knows if it would have been successful but that is the path they needed to take with him imo.

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's as if the owner is working hard to sabotage his own franchise. 

Haslem was (is?) a huge Steeler's fan.  Maybe he has enough f you money to run a franchise into the ground to prop up his favorite team?  :lol:

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

Did you guys both skip this in the op tweeted from Manziel?

I also have nobody to blame but myself

I don't want to defend the guy and was never interested in him during the draft process but....  He went to bar none the worst run franchise in the NFL.  It isn't even a competition.  The Browns are very poorly run and didn't set the kid up for success.  Even if they did their part he probably wouldn't have been successful due to his substance abuse issues but they didn't put him in a position to succeed.  He's an idiot more for admitting that he didn't know x's and o's than he is for saying the Browns situation was toxic.  The Browns should have known that and demanded he spend a ton of classroom time learning that during the entire offseason.  Again with his substance abuse issues who knows if it would have been successful but that is the path they needed to take with him imo.

Haslem was (is?) a huge Steeler's fan.  Maybe he has enough f you money to run a franchise into the ground to prop up his favorite team?  :lol:

The problem with being a hometown subversive is that he might end up hanging from the goal posts with the hometown mob cheerfully chanting let him dangle a little more just to make sure that the deed is completely done. 

Cleveland is in a good position to make a quantum leap forward. Interference by the owner is a needless obstacle for a franchise that has a history of creating its own obstacles. Cleveland as much as any team in the league is going to be interesting to follow. 

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Dive into the playbook like a professional with some dedication to being ready to play at the NFL level. 

Sure, he could be willing to do that. But if you have no experience with a pro offense and its concepts, it really isnt something you are going to teach yourself.

The bulk of all his failure is on Johnny, do not get me wrong. But the Browns certainly did not help him, and really set him up to fail, even if he was 100% dedicated.

• Like (+1) 1