We need another pass catching TE

Frez

In my opinion I think this is a draft we need to address our TE position. Clay has been good but he plays injured most of the time and honestly I have been expecting more out of him over the years. It's time we draft that big fast pass catching TE in this year's draft. Buffalo has been missing that go to guy for to long. Pete Metzelars and Jay Remermisa are long missed! 

I've heard good things about the TE from Penn State. Don't know much about the kid but I really hope we address that need in this years draft. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Frez said:

In my opinion I think this is a draft we need to address our TE position. Clay has been good but he plays injured most of the time and honestly I have been expecting more out of him over the years. It's time we draft that big fast pass catching TE in this year's draft. Buffalo has been missing that go to guy for to long. Pete Metzelars and Jay Remermisa are long missed! 

I've heard good things about the TE from Penn State. Don't know much about the kid but I really hope we address that need in this years draft. 

I like three TE's in this draft Mark Andrews of Oklahoma, Dallas Goddert of South Dakota State and Mike Geseki of Penn State.  All are pass catchers and not much as blockers for the run game.

I think (for a change) we actually have 2 good ones. Clay and O’Leary are both good. The biggest issue with them was the guy throwing it to them. IMO there are probably 10 positions I would rather address. I really hope we don’t waste a pick on a position that we are set at. Clay is one of the better TEs in the NFL. He just needed a QB that understands a modern NFL passing game. WR, sure. LB, QB, RT absolutely. Please don’t waste a pick on TE.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

We have one he is just injured and under utilized but you would have to look at more than a stat line to see that.

It was a joke considering he is always injured and never thrown to.

I'm quite aware of how solid he actually is.

Honestly?

I like him and I thought it was a good pickup when we signed him.

I'd like to retain him after his contract is up, since we paid him a bunch and didn't use him that much.

You're absolutely right that the Bills need another pass catching TE. Maybe not so much for this season, but for the seasons to come. Bills want to move on from Clay's big salary and chronic injury issues. Tight ends typically take a season or two to acclimate. Taking one this year makes sense.

I happen to like the guy the Bills also seem to like: Dallas Goedert, SDSU

Bills will be bringing him in for a visit. If they still have a 2nd round pick after QB trade-up and if Goedert is still left, don't be shocked if he's the pick. I know fans aren't expecting a high pick to be spent on a tight end, but I view it as being reasonably likely -- ESPECIALLY if they draft a rookie QB. They'll want to pair him with a young QB's best friend: a quality tight end.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

The Bills have not cared at all about a PCTE for a long time.....

They have three of them on the roster, including one they payed quite a bit to lure from the Dolphins. They might not use them well, but they definitely care about them. Also, Clay was 13th among tight ends, which may be below his contract level, but basic math says is above average for the league.

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

It was a joke considering he is always injured and never thrown to.

I'm quite aware of how solid he actually is.

Honestly?

I like him and I thought it was a good pickup when we signed him.

I'd like to retain him after his contract is up, since we paid him a bunch and didn't use him that much.

SouthNYfan.........

Your original comment being "another" would imply we had one to begin with" suggests nothing of knowing our current status and your knowledge of Clay, injuries, abilities and the Bills use of him.

So, it is either misleading or not a funny "joke".  I don't get it, just a below average comment.