Raiders Release P Marquette King and Waive TE Clive Walford - NYJ Claim Walford

41 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

and being waived is different how?

Teams can submit claims and the player will go to the team highest in the order based on 2017 record. ( worst w-l is highest) . If the player clears waivers ( 24 hours passes w no claims submitted) they are a FA

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Rememeber how many of us wanted Clive in the draft?

I don’t think Clive blocks.  But, invite him to camp and maybe he cracks top 3 TEs or helps as the 4th if/when goes down.

9 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

What's the difference between being release and being waived?

It has to do with the years of service . I believe if you are on a rookie contract you get waived and teams can place a claim on you in an order imposed by the nfl . Tenured players are released and can sign with any team they want .

12 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Kickers and punters aren't real players.

What is the sports world coming to when we’re talking about idiot kickers? 

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

What is the sports world coming to when we’re talking about idiot kickers? 

moorman.jpg?w=512

We're you here in those days?  There were epic threads about the use of the picture and moorman punting from his own end zoen 

10 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I will gladly "not be a real player" making $750,000 + a year.

Well, yeah, me, too...  But, !@#$ kickers. I'd hate myself and drink a lot whilst sitting on a fat was of cash.

Edited by Boyst62

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Chucky doesn't stand a chance. Stupid move releasing a top 10 punter. I'd consider him since we'll need a better punter during this rebuild. 

I don't think his success or failure is going to rest on the punter position. Just a guess.

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

moorman.jpg?w=512

We're you here in those days?  There were epic threads about the use of the picture and moorman punting from his own end zoen 

Well, yeah, me, too...  But, !@#$ kickers. I'd hate myself and drink a lot whilst sitting on a fat was of cash.

I do that already minus the fat was of cash.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Raiders Release P Marquette King and Waive TE Clive Walford - NYJ Claim Walford
On 3/30/2018 at 5:02 PM, HappyDays said:

This is a total Jon Gruden move. I really think he's going to be a terrible coach. The Bills should try and sign King, he's an upgrade on Schmidt for sure.

Raiders gained a net 42.7 yards on Marquette King punts last year which was fourth most for punters. https://t.co/7hMfCbfOxI

It is a cap move, they are right up to cap.