Raiders Release P Marquette King and Waive TE Clive Walford - NYJ Claim Walford

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

King is a fantastic punter...Schmidt is good but he would be an upgrade no question...

Good punter, but he's complete bonehead.

How many punters get multiple personal fouls/unsportsmanlike penalties?

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Gruden is so old school and you know he hates King's celebrations.  Dumb move.

I don't like a cocky punter, myself, but I'm not going to unnecessarily create a hole on the team because of it.

Dumb indeed.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Chucky doesn't stand a chance. Stupid move releasing a top 10 punter. I'd consider him since we'll need a better punter during this rebuild. 

I disagree. Davis will give Gruden plenty of chances to succeed.

Davis is focused only on getting to Las Vegas and the new stadium. He won't have time to be concerned about unimportant things like how the Raiders are doing.

Unless of course they go winless.

Edited by Mark Vader

3 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If he's really that good, he could command a decent salary from a contender like the Rams or the Vikings.  It's BEYOND doubtful that he would even waste one brain cell on thinking of coming here.

The Vikings emptied their wallet on Cousins, and the Rams seem to be trying to put the entire nfl on the roster. I'm not sure how much else either of them can do in free agency. 

I’m wondering if Gruden is going to be another J Johnson failure. League is not the same as even 10 years ago. The “he’s like my dad,” coaches don’t fly anymore. 18-26 year olds need different grooming because of social changes (social media).

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To be fair I hate King as well. Good punter... but comes across as a "me" guy not a "we" guy... and he is the punter.

I'd bring Walford in for a look though. 

One of the few positions on the team where you can be a me guy instead of a we guy is punter or kicker. King is a good punter but he was being paid like the best punter in the league and that was just not tenable. You can't overpay for a punter. I would love to have King, Schmidt is mediocre but I don't see the Bills paying the price to land him.