S.I. : Bill's All In On Trading Up Into Top 5

21 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I'm happy we got in but If Andy Dalton didn't connect on 4th and 12 the drought would still be active. 

We gotta be realistic this team needs a lot of work. 

So if the Bengals/Ravens game had been week 1 and a Ravens victory had been in week 17, does that mean we would have got in solely on our win against the Dolphins?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I am not a fan of this stragedy.  The Bills have way to may holes to fill.  Lots of sub par journeymen being signed, so, the trade up play is set.  Unless McCarron is a genius we are going to have a bad year or three.  Not enough lb's,wrs, defensive line guys etc etc. This is watkins version 2.0.  And, odds are it will come out the same way.  I don't have an opinion on the top 5, but, even at best, quoting the stats elsewhere on this board, chances of a franchise qb in the top 5 are 1 in 3.   Not my kind of bet.  Color me disengaged and taking two years off as a fan if they do the trade up.

Brilliant invention!!

Stragedy definition-- a tragic or failed strategy. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I don't think the Giants are moving down so only way it happens is with the Browns at 1 or 4. 

The Browns were rumored to be trying to switch top spots with the Giants, but no way are they dropping from #1 to #12 even though they still have the #4 pick.  They probably would part with #4 for the right price.

17 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I am not a fan of this stragedy.  The Bills have way to may holes to fill.  Lots of sub par journeymen being signed, so, the trade up play is set.  Unless McCarron is a genius we are going to have a bad year or three.  Not enough lb's,wrs, defensive line guys etc etc. This is watkins version 2.0.  And, odds are it will come out the same way.  I don't have an opinion on the top 5, but, even at best, quoting the stats elsewhere on this board, chances of a franchise qb in the top 5 are 1 in 3.   Not my kind of bet.  Color me disengaged and taking two years off as a fan if they do the trade up.

QB >>>>>>>> WR. This is nothing like Sammy.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

k bye

35 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I'm happy we got in but If Andy Dalton didn't connect on 4th and 12 the drought would still be active. 

We gotta be realistic this team needs a lot of work. 

The Bills made the playoffs because of the Dalton play and the roughly 15,000 minutes of football that preceded it (and the minute or so after it when Flacco had the ball).  In the interest of brevity I did not calculate camp time and/or relative time invested in traded, cuts and/or acquisitions. 

Realism is fine, but ignoring the work that got them to the point where Dalton' s pass actually mattered seems silly.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

We've made the playoffs one time in almost 20 years.

Sorry if I'm pessimistic but this new regime has to prove themselves. 

Well, THIS regime made the playoffs last year and is batting .1000, so while I’m concerned about getting the right QB, I’m not confusing what happened 15 years ago with today’s FO. That streak is in the past. Relive it daily if you must, but I’m not inflicting that pain upon myself. I’ll judge them on what THEY actually do and the results THEY get. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The Bills made the playoffs because of the Dalton play and the roughly 15,000 minutes of football that preceded it (and the minute or so after it when Flacco had the ball).  In the interest of brevity I did not calculate camp time and/or relative time invested in traded, cuts and/or acquisitions. 

Realism is fine, but ignoring the work that got them to the point where Dalton' s pass actually mattered seems silly.

Klaista's post is what I would call: "The Mike Schopp World View."  In other words, "if something didn't happen in the way I feel it should have happened, then it was all meaningless in the end."

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

They missed their window. It was 2 weeks ago with the Colts. I can't imagine anyone else trades out unless you grossly overpay

Earth to Kdiggz, hellooooo

Hellooo

Jets already grossly overpaid 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

It's almost tragic .......

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Denver needs a QB too.

We ain't getting into the 5. 

Should've tanked. 

If QBs go 1, 2, 3 then Denver will probably not take the 4th rated QB over Barkley or Chubb. Will Indy trade down again and possibly miss out on the 3rd rated non QB?  If they really like the OL from Notre Dame, they may also make the pick.  Pick number 7 looks like the sweet spot to trade up for the 4th QB.  Their GM has already said he is looking at trade down offers.