Sal C: Broncos Love Mason Rudolph

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good.  They can have him.

Name for me please the last QB to come from the OK State system and go on to have a successful career in the NFL as a franchise QB.  I'll be waiting.

Broadway Joe.  Also please run this exercise for every QB who was great in the NFL and their school

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They just love Allen. They think Ben is done after this year.

Funny random story, they are having a hard time breaking down EQ St. Brown because of how bad Wimbush is. Apparently it has been one of the most challenging scouting reports that they have had to put together.

I'd really like St. Brown for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love his skill set. He reminds me of Martavus Bryant. I’d venture to say that the window to draft him could be pretty wide. He’s a guy that can probably go anywhere from round 2-5. 

Geesh.  6' 5" and runs a 4.48 forty.

6'5" Height

• 33" Arm Length
  • 214LBS. Weight
  • 9 3/4" Hands
  • 4.48 forty yard dash

The one thing I can say about Rudolph based on NFL Network and seeing him, he's mastered the interview.  There is no camera shyness with the guy.  He's got the interview down like a pro.

Also based on the interview he just had on the Network it sounds like there are quite a few teams that have interest as he said the teams (plural) have asked me to not speak on meetings, interests, workouts.

Edited by NewEraBills

10 hours ago, Looper said:

I would go with the process of elimination and assume the Broncos love the guy that hasn't been mentioned as the one they love.

Yeah, maybe they don't want the Bills to jump in front of them...?

10 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey there was a thread about Rudolph going before Rosen, could end up being

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Arizona(trade up)-Jackson

Miami-Rosen

Buffalo on the outside looking in again with nothing.

So? We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds which can be used to fill holes at LB, DT, CB, WR, and OL. Do want to spend most of our early picks to move up for a QB who will probably turn out to suck anyway? An elite QB is not needed in today's NFL. How many of the final four teams last year had an elite QB?

Keenum is average.

Foles is average.

Bortles is bad.

Brady is a 6th round scrub who is merely a product of the Belichick system. He sucks on most other teams.

McCarron is good enough. He is our franchise QB. Better than Garropolo. Better than Dalton. Better than Taylor.

Edited by mileena

5 minutes ago, mileena said:

So? We have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds which can be used to fill holes at LB, DT, CB, WR, and OL. Do want to spend most of our early picks on a QB who will probably turn out to suck anyway? An elite QB is not needed in today's NFL. How many of the final four teams last year had an elite QB?

Keenum is average.

Foles is average.

Bortles is bad.

Brady is a 6th round scrub who is merely a product of the Belichick system. He sucks on most other teams.

McCarron is good enough. He is our franchise QB. Better than Garropolo. Better than Dalton. Better than Taylor.

Casting out a line here, eh?

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Casting out a line here, eh?

Haha, funny. Garrapolo is young and has not won any real games against real teams. McCarron is a 4 year veteran who has learned under Dalton and has playoff experience. He should have won that playoff game against Pittsburgh.

Edited by mileena

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Miami-Rosen

That's fine.

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Miami-Rosen

I guarantee you if Rosen is still on the board after Denver, Buffalo will trade up and has more ammunition to do it than Arizona.

28 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yeah, maybe they don't want the Bills to jump in front of them...?

Watch out, you are in heresy territory with that post.  Some here know that he sucks because a few draft guides say that he is a borderline 1st/2nd round player.  Some of those posters only want the (VERY RARE) QB savior, who single-handedly carries a team to victory regardless of the defense or offensive weapons he has to work with.

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I hope it's the same way they loved Osweiler and Lynch.  Keep chopping Mr. Elway and take Rudolph with the 5th overall pick. 

Why do you think that Rudolph is inferior to those anointed prospects?  If it is only arm strength, please explain Brees, Brady and Montana as great QBs with less-than-elite arm strength.  

If if your argument is that Rudolph has little experience under center, same applies to the top prospects as well.

Further, if you are looking for a transcendent talent to carry the team, who among the top tier did that?  I submit that is indeed a very rare ability and therefore not one that you make the basis of your team building process.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good.  They can have him.

Name for me please the last QB to come from the OK State system and go on to have a successful career in the NFL as a franchise QB.  I'll be waiting.

Ill be blunt. This is dumb metric. 

• Thank you (+1) 1