Really liking this 7 round mock I found on the WGR twitter feed

9 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Now I do like Ward and Baker though.  I love to have those guys on defense.  But you cannot have it all and we have to have a better prospect at QB.  I don't know how Mason will turn out so I don't want to cast any aspersions at the guy but man I can help but feel like this at the thought of him being our next QB

Image result for unimpressed face meme

I agree with most of this (although pass on Baker). He’s a great athlete with no production. I don’t want a CB but I’m a big fan of Ward. He isn’t the perfect fit in our scheme but that secondary could be ridiculous (like Seattle good). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with most of this (although pass on Baker). He’s a great athlete with no production. I don’t want a CB but I’m a big fan of award. He isn’t the perfect fit in our scheme but that secondary could be ridiculous (like Seattle good). 

Yeah I just like Baker for his athleticism.  Darius Leonard is the player I'd prefer.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

no way rudolph is there.

I think Rudolph is gonna surprise a lot of people with a slide in the draft. Don’t even think he will be the 6th QB taken. Lauletta will probably go before him. 

That'd be unfortunate if things unfolded that way. 5 Qb's taken before we pick... yikes. 

I think at worst one of the top 5 QB will be available at 12. If thats how it unfolds it'd be hard to put too much blame on Beane when teams infront of us might have no intention to trade down. 

Mason Rudolph in Rd 1 is underwhelming though i could see him becoming a good starter under the right circumstances. Not sure if that is here. 

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He has the requisite size and smarts.  Not so great with accuracy and arm strength.  Many of his deep passes flutter and he doesn't drive the ball well enough on deep outs.  I think he'd throw lots of picks at the NFL level.  

IMO, Rudolph is a pretty accurate passer and, while he doesn't have the strongest arm, he has the arm strength to make all the NFL throws he needs to make. Actually, even given that he doesn't have the strongest arm, he still throws one of the better deep balls in this draft. He wouldn't be my first choice; however, I wouldn't be terribly upset if we ended up with him as a consolation. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Another CB high in the draft would be very uninspiring.  The backend of the D is in good shape.  If they don’t go QB at 12 the choice needs to be an impact player in the front 7 of the D in my opinion.

Agreed, on all counts. If we went CB at 12 after letting EJ Gaines walk for so little I would be sick. 

Are we suppose to be Cornerback University?....every year we HAVE to take a CB according to experts.....yea we take cornerbacks and train them until their rookie contract is up and they bolt in FA or we trade them away. I don't want to train CB's for other teams....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!  :::::head exploding::::::

Edited by Badanswer

I would be OK with this draft.  I might pick one of the players still on the board instead of Denzel Ward, (Calvin Ridley, Harold Landry, McGlinchey, or even Derwin James, but in this mock, the top 5 QBs are all gone before Buffalo picks.  Many mock drafters decline to mock trades because they are such a crap shoot.  Given that condition (no trades) I think Mason Rudolph is a pretty reasonable pick at #22.  The mock checks a lot of boxes for the Bills and some of the later picks have enough good qualities they could be considered sleepers.