GMFB Debate: What Should the Bills Do in the NFL Draft?

8 hours ago, Manther said:

I am confident I can't suggest what the Bills do because I don't know how they have the QBs graded out.  That dictates everything.  We have the ammo to get almost anyone.  But, depends on your grading of them vs each other and more importantly probably a 20 year sample size or more.

Come on McBean, let's get this one right!  This is why you lift all those weights!  You spent your life getting to this spot and here you go with all the ammo and 6 QBs (more than usual) available.......you got this guys!!

There are SOOO many moving parts and I feel our team is prepared for almost (if not) all of them.

Go Bills!!

It’s really pretty scary what Beane will do. He’ll live or die on this selection of unproven talent. We’ve mortgaged so damn much to be in this position -including trading our 3 yr starter at QB, that I’d say we HAVE to mortgage even more to get one of these QB’s that have been touted for 2 years now. 

Bottom line: Nobody knows.. I wouldn’t want Beane’s job.

If the Bill's can trade up to #2 there is no guarantee he will not be a bust or get a severe injury . Drafting a QB is a big gamble ,the transition to the NFL is too big,  but this is the draft  to try. 

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Just trade up to #2and get it over...ugh

We are positioned as such that we can make a "godfather" offer (something like 12 / 22 / 53 / 56 / 65 / 2019 1st for #2 / 108 / 2019 4th) and still only be "down" a 2nd and 1 future pick (which could be offset with a later pick).

5 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I know one thing Mcbean will not draft Rosen. The guy just does not fit with the process and what we’re trying to do here. You can’t have QB’s questioning the QB coach or Offensive coordinator. 

Rosen just needs to go to a big city team that’s more his style. So i don’t think under any circumstance he will end up a Buffalo Bill. I’m ion Record that the Bills would draft Josh Allen if they had the number 1 pick in the NFL draft. 

Keep up the Anti-Rosen campaign, It is working with teams around the NFL....He's falling right into our laps!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still pretty certain they're going to move up so they can take one of their top 3 -- I'm just not sure how they have them ranked.  After reading @thebandit27 's QB review I'm much more bullish on Allen than I was previously, although I still think he ranks 3rd behind Darnold and Rosen.

It would shock me for them to stand pat at #12.  I believe they'll trade #12, next year's 1st, and a slew of other picks but keep #22.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

We are positioned as such that we can make a "godfather" offer (something like 12 / 22 / 53 / 56 / 65 / 2019 1st for #2 / 108 / 2019 4th) and still only be "down" a 2nd and 1 future pick (which could be offset with a later pick).

Because QBs are so valuable you have to do whatever it takes unless you're the Giants.

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Then why did you give an example of us trading for the Giants pick?

To have a conversation about a potential (though unlikely) move.

Gettleman has said multiple times they are looking for a "hall of fame" potential player.  If they find him, regardless of position, they are going to stay.  If they don't I think it's likely they would rather have our bounty of picks than just moving back with a team like Denver.  I'm not in the Giants meetings, so I don't know how they've evaluated the players, and neither are you, so step off your high horse and don't play topic police when people discuss hypotheticals.  

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

To have a conversation about a potential (though unlikely) move.

Gettleman has said multiple times they are looking for a "hall of fame" potential player.  If they find him, regardless of position, they are going to stay.  If they don't I think it's likely they would rather have our bounty of picks than just moving back with a team like Denver.  I'm not in the Giants meetings, so I don't know how they've evaluated the players, and neither are you, so step off your high horse and don't play topic police when people discuss hypotheticals.  

So we wait for the Giants to think none of the QBs are worth replacing a 37 year old with, and then we pounce!

Cool.

My hypothetical is that we trade a 5th to Philly for Wentz because they already have a Super Bowl tested QB and Wentz is injury prone.  Then we can ship Peterman and a 6th to Seattle for Wilson to help with their youth movement.

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

So we wait for the Giants to think none of the QBs are worth replacing a 37 year old with, and then we pounce!

Cool.

My hypothetical is that we trade a 5th to Philly for Wentz because they already have a Super Bowl tested QB and Wentz is injury prone.  Then we can ship Peterman and a 6th to Seattle for Wilson to help with their youth movement.

Hey everyone!  Stop talking about QBs.  4merper4mer has spoken!  No fun or conversation allowed on the message board.

:rolleyes:

I think there will be some pretty good non QB players because of the QB rush. So we could get some talent in the first without taking a QB.

I think there will be more regret not trading up for one of those QBs and them panning out vs trading up for one and him not panning out.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, scribo said:

A few observations:

1. Why does it seem so many former players/now-commentators push for Lamar Jackson? And "tall"?

2. It is hard to fathom that the Bills won't pick a QB in the first-round because the media has hyped it up so much.

3. There are going to be potential all-pros available at #12, especially if the first four picks of the draft at the same position.

The hype train for certain prospects seems to have hit the stride. Allen and Jackson are the latest examples.

It's a combination of multiple factors why Buffalo likely takes a QB: 1) The trades to accumulate picks the past year. 2) Buffalo not having a long term answer at QB. 3) The team's comments and actions last season about a QB. 4) The draft itself and 5) number of higher quality/hyped QB prospects coming out this year

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Someone will drop. Pounce. Be patient 

In this draft I wouldn't expect a QB to drop.  There are too many teams with needs or a threat to take one.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That is just ridiculous to look at...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2