How the Bengals traded for Cordy Glenn

20 hours ago, Manther said:

With which Bird?

The O line Bird

20 hours ago, Augie said:

Healthy.....and motivated

I’ll take Larry all day, not so much with Big. 

: )

Big Bird still has potential to get to the second level run blocking.
He appears geeky but his wingspan is off the charts.

if Castillo can help dial in his footwork...

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

well done Reed83HOF !

actually one of my serious concerns about moving up in the draft. Cuz Fans are going to demand the Rookie soon enough. Just what we do I suppose.

So what fans demand.  Are they going to hold their breath until they turn blue?  Just make them sit in corner.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:10 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

honest question, does our O line not look horrible right now?? Between that and our recievers.. I don't see any rook QB succeeding.

Dawkins and RIchie are solid.  Groy-Vlad-Mills and Zay and Kelvin and Streeter and Darnold or Rosen or Allen sounds like more offensive ineptitude to me, probably remarkably a step backwards.  At least Tyrod could run for his life

23 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

That AJ and Nate should play and not our rookie...

top 5 QB picks almost always start right away

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Dawkins and RIchie are solid.  Groy-Vlad-Mills and Zay and Kelvin and Streeter and Darnold or Rosen or Allen sounds like more offensive ineptitude to me, probably remarkably a step backwards.  At least Tyrod could run for his life

Did John Miller fall off the face of the Earth? I liked him circa 18

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Not to mention by giving the steep price of two drafts- not only does our oline and wr situation not get addressed, we get ran over a la Saints, Chargers, and Jets games last year because we create more holes in defense, and don't have quality replacements.  The horror...

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

top 5 QB picks almost always start right away

Did John Miller fall off the face of the Earth? I liked him circa 18

I thought Miller was really good in 2015 and not bad at all in 2016, the previous administration must have faith that he will function better in the new blocking scheme. Seems like he was not built for the scheme the team ran in 2017. If Miller can be a decent RG I they will either have a pick come in at RT or live with Mills who is a solid run blocker but a turnstile in pass protection. 

I think the management has faith in Dawkins as a LT and was willing to let Glenn go for a modest return. The Bills also freed up even more cap space for 2019. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Not to mention by giving the steep price of two drafts- not only does our oline and wr situation not get addressed, we get ran over a la Saints, Chargers, and Jets games last year because we create more holes in defense, and don't have quality replacements.  The horror...

I am more than comfortable mortgaging the draft for pick 2 to secure the QB situation. No QB is a guarantee but QB is the position where you have to take risks and pay a high price to get a top prospect. Big risk in trading up for a QB, but the reward is the highest in the sport. The top QB in the league is probably worth 35 million a season that's nearly 20% of your salary cap tied up in one player but a great QB makes everyone better on the offense and is such an advantage since so many teams go decades without finding a decent QB. 

On 3/28/2018 at 7:45 AM, jr1 said:

"let's trade for a guy that has mailed it in since getting his big contract"

Please. 

Glenn has been a consistently good player. He didn't mail in squat. He had injury problems. 

This would seem to be a win-win.

On March 27, 2018 at 8:10 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

honest question, does our O line not look horrible right now?? Between that and our recievers.. I don't see any rook QB succeeding.

Selling the farm for a legitimate QB talent, and then watching the QB get slammed around for a few years while the team is built back up around him, is kind of how it's done.

No?

7 hours ago, Pete said:

They figured things out after those three games. Yeah, three horrible games. Followed by a bunch that were pretty decent.

In any case, getting a franchise QB is worth a bad year or two. The alternative is perhaps dozens of mediocre years till you get a QB. 

If they can get one of the top three guys, a guy they think can be a franchise QB, go ahead. Give away an awful lot. It'd be worth it.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Selling the farm for a legitimate QB talent, and then watching the QB get slammed around for a few years while the team is built back up around him, is kind of how it's done.

No?

Exactly.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea the made up narratives from fans are expected with players the Bills trade away/lose to FA.

Will be a win win if they land one of the QBs. Still the offensive line does look bad.... Vlad and Mills are probably top 5 worst right side line in the league.... and Juan Castillo is still here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO9Qz8xXIqFURcDpT6wxD

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

Yep. You are still mad. 

i'm never sure how to feel when the most upset man on the board tells me i'm mad.

maybe we need to get to know each other.  i'm 40, been married 5 years, have a 3 year old daughter, and a son on the way.  how about you scott...married?  any kids?  what do you do?  i feel like you're a riddle that i want to solve.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Upset? 

It's a message board to discuss Bills football.  Don't get your panties in a bunch when I criticize the team and moves they make. And don't confuse that for me being upset. Its all just part of the discussion.

As for your family. Awesome! I'm happy for you man. ??

thanks man!

you're a tough nut that i'm going to crack scott.  it's going to happen.

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Upset? 

It's a message board to discuss Bills football.  Don't get your panties in a bunch when I criticize the team and moves they make. And don't confuse that for me being upset. Its all just part of the discussion.

As for your family. Awesome! I'm happy for you man. ??

I have it on good authority that teef does not wear any panties