Making the case for Lamar Jackson

502Buffs

Forget about the debate over what position Lamar Jackson is in the NFL. The newest argument is how early the Louisville quarterback could be selected in next weekend's draft.

Per NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, the answer could be very early.

Mayock told reporters on a conference call Friday that it wouldn't surprise him if some team jumped into the top 10 to take arguably the most exciting player in college football the past few years.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/18/2018 at 11:13 PM, Sky Diver said:

One of the knocks on Rosen is that he tries to make plays when he should throw the ball away.

and exactly how many of them don't, be it a vet, back up or NFL rook?....competitive nature of the position regardless of level IMO...............

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That is really his biggest strength.  He will be given every ability to grow in the pocket.  Teams will be terrified to blitz him.  He makes one guy miss and he has open space for days.  Small trade up to 8 or 9, secure the Qb and keep 22.   22 You can get an impact player. 

FWIW, if anyone is interested.  I was listening to Moving The Chains on SiriusXM with Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan this afternoon during my drive home.  They had a mock draft segment, and I happened to catch the part where they had the Bills selecting Lamar Jackson at 12.  I turned the channel after that because I'm tired of mock drafts.

I'd look at him going as early as Miami, most likely by Arizona, definitely by Baltimore. Any other teams would have to trade up. There's no doubt he goes round 1. He's also the most likely to have early success. All of the QB's will be figuring out how to complete passes at this level. Jackson will just take off running and good luck stopping him!

On 3/26/2018 at 5:29 PM, MJS said:

I'm all for versatility, but the biggest, most important thing for a QB is accuracy. 2nd is decision making.

Tyrod wasn't accurate and he didn't make decisions because he didn't want to throw a pick and couldn't read the field well enough to operate quickly.

I see some of those same traits in Jackson, even though he is more talented.

Well said.