Predictions for the time capsule

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Darnold - (Bust) Browns Suck

Rosen- (Great) Definitely has a SB win.

Allen- (Good) Never makes it to a SB. 

Mayfield -(Mega Bust) 

Jackson- (Good) Never wind a SB.

I'm a big fan of Darnold but if anyone can screw him up it would be the Browns.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I suggest holding off on this until after the draft when we know which QB goes where

Any of these QBs will have very different career with the Giants or Chargers than they would have with the Browns or Jets

The exercise is interesting, but one ought to at least see where the fellas go before guessing at futures.

Darnold-franchise QB

Rosen-franchise QB

Mayfield-franchise QB

Rudolph-after year of sitting franchise QB

Allen-after 2 years sitting becomes starter just to end up a backup at end of 1st contract after showing Cutler like.

Jackson-starting QB that ends up on IR year one then by end of first contract broken like RG3 and worth nothing.

Everyone else longshots that become fulltime backups.

Darnold---another USC bust.

Rosen---whatever you consider Eli Manning as he's his clone.  They're even listed as the same height and weight.  Borderline hall of famer?

Allen---grocery store clerk in 2021

Mayfield--Face of Franchise

Jackson--Solid starter.

I'd go Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson, Darnold, Rudolph, Falk, and Allen in that order.

Darnold- I don't believe the hype ... small sample size of success, too many turn overs. He will have a career in the NFL, but will never live up to expectations I'm saying weak starter or backup

Rosen- Will be a bust ... not because of his skills, because of injury concerns

Allen- Bust ... QBs do NOT get more accurate once they start playing in the NFL

Mayfield- Nothing wrong with this kid a few years of maturity won't fix ... has the skills ... has the moxie ... HOF pace type of career 

Jackson- At the end of the day, he's a running QB. With the exception of Steve Young, running QBs have not had overly successful careers in the NFL. Jackson will be exciting to watch and may have a few good years, but will fade into obscurity quite quickly.
Rudolph - Has potential to be a reliable consistent QB. Will never be the flashy guy putting up insane numbers. Has a good head on his shoulders, is well spoken. I see solid starter for him.  

Darnold - long career with multiple pro bowls 

Rosen- hot start then he flames out 

Allen - Long career in the Joe Flacco mold, some nice things but largely disappointing 

Baker- solid career not a Journeyman but will not be a lifer for the team that drafts him 

Lamar.  Dynamic 10 year career with many highs and lows.  

Rudolph - see Cousins, I still don't know what to call cousins , he plays well but not well enough to carry a team into the playoffs.  

Darnold, Mayfield, Allen = Bust

Rosen = Retires early after an excellent career, citing not wanting to end up with CTE.

Rudolph = solid career.  Fan base never buys into him though.

Jackson = ROY, a handful of excellent, electric seasons, but career cut short by injury.

10 hours ago, White Linen said:

Darnold---- Gets off to the best start of any QB.  Darnold will struggle but he'll also show exactly why he was picked #1.  I think he's got the best shot at having a long career and the best shot at being a great QB.

Rosen------ He's my bust prediction.  I think there's something wrong with this kid mentally and physically.  I think the NFL chews him up and spits him out.  If its injuries that get him - I think he'll have a Bradford type career but give up much sooner.  If its mental that gets him - I think we'll see a Colts Jeff George career then he'll give up.  I think it's a race to what gets him first.

Allen------  His best path is a team that can bring him along like Big Ben.  His first few years he'll need a defense and running game to give him time to develop.  In the right situation,  I think he and Darnold are the premier QB's that come out of this class.  

Mayfield--  He's another bust prediction to me.  I think he struggles to control his emotions.  He's going to be asked if he feels disrespected not being selected higher.  He'll feel like he needs to show confidence and he'll talk more than he should.  I believe he'll put pressure on himself and when he doesn't perform the media will put pressure on him and he'll crack.  Seems like the type of guy to explode in a post game interview after a poor performance and will have residual effects.

Jackson---  I think Lamar is supremely talented and he'll start for 5-6 years and show he's a capable NFL QB.  I don't think he's a good enough pocket passer to have a 12-15 year career but his teams will win games.  His high school didn't have a play book so when he got to college he was confused.  He wasn't sure what they were asking him to do but he worked hard and a light bulb went off and he learned how film study helped him.  I think with all QB's that have the option to run - they struggle with when to run.  The NFL will accelerate those decisions and make them even more difficult to make.  He's got a legit shot but I'm not sure he's a QB that because of him, has a super bowl shot every year.  I think he's an up and down guy.  His ups will be amazing and he'll be a fun player to watch.  He's got to get bigger, IMO.  He needs to be in that 225-230 pound range or injury is a big concern for me.  To be great, he'll need to learn only to run when he's supposed to.  

Those who draft him need to utilize his athletic ability while he works on improving his accuracy.  

I like the fact that you gave senerios of why that would be the outcome.  A big part of what happens depends on where they go and how they are brought along and developed.

Darnold- Top-10 QB as long as he sits a year and develops. That throwing motion still gives me the heebie jeebies. 

Rosen- Solid starter. I've pined for Rosen in the past, but the concussions are scary. I'll put him above Dalton but below a guy like Carr. 

Allen- Bust. Out of the league in 5 years or a backup. 

Mayfield- Solid starter. Tannehill level as a floor. Not sure if he can totally adapt to the pros, but his accuracy is terrifyingly good. Would love the Bills to have him. 

Jackson-Wild, wild guess. Next Randal Cunningham, and can be even better if he keeps improving every year like he did in college. I want this guy. 

Rudolph- Dalton level, at best. 

Falk- Dark horse solid starter. Maybe Flacco?

Edited by BillsEnthusiast