TSW Mock Trade Draft vs Actual

Virgil

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Suggestion: keep trades, but have a committee of posters who are not owners who have to vote to approve or disapprove based on whether or not it sounds at all realistic. 

Solid idea.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Suggestion: keep trades, but have a committee of posters who are not owners who have to vote to approve or disapprove based on whether or not it sounds at all realistic. 

Did not participate, but it was fun to keep tabs on it!

I think it would slow down the process and neuter the owner.  It’s never going to be 100% perfect and it’s all in good fun.  Plus, if we do trades again, I’d expect a similar result unless we change owners, which I wouldn’t want to do. 

Also, the Bills/Giants trade was the biggest and that was voted on.  

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, Virgil said:

With the 22nd pick in the 2018 TSW Mock NFL Draft, the New York Giants select Joshua Jackson, DB from IOWA.  

The Rams are on the clock

@MOVALLEYRANDY

sorry. My Dad. MOVALLEYRANDY is in the hospital having surgery. Sorry if it messed up your draft plans. He will be out in a week or so. Daniel Williams

5 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

sorry. My Dad. MOVALLEYRANDY is in the hospital having surgery. Sorry if it messed up your draft plans. He will be out in a week or so. Daniel Williams

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to your dad!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not to complicate this, but if there is real interest in doing a multi-round (maybe 3-4) mock, we could use something like google docs to fill in the draft and then the teams (so 32 posters) get access to the document to change/post and the others can observe. This way we can post comments and ideas on the board, but the picks themselves (as well as trades and changes reflected in the order) would be neatly kept on a spreadsheet... Just a thought, but it would take some work to initially set it up. 

34 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not to complicate this, but if there is real interest in doing a multi-round (maybe 3-4) mock, we could use something like google docs to fill in the draft and then the teams (so 32 posters) get access to the document to change/post and the others can observe. This way we can post comments and ideas on the board, but the picks themselves (as well as trades and changes reflected in the order) would be neatly kept on a spreadsheet... Just a thought, but it would take some work to initially set it up. 

If you know how to do it and are up to it, I’m down. I think it might be out of some people’s scope though 

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If you know how to do it and are up to it, I’m down. I think it might be out of some people’s scope though 

Could set up a sheet that allows a couple users to edit, but all to view, and then have the editors make the changes indicated in the thread here. I tracked this draft in excel, so it'd be pretty similar I think.

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Did not participate, but it was fun to keep tabs on it!

Talk about complicating the hell out of something that is already work to do. Who is going to be appointed to babysit the committee? What happens when a pick can't happen because someone on the committee is offline? Who is going to be in charge of keeping track of all the trades and where each team is drafting since trades could get way out of hand by round 2-3. Anyone writing down each of these owners trades so when someone says there turn is up when it isn't Up? I would think we would need a arbitrator to settle disputes when a owner says one thing but committee says another. Why have a owner if they do not have final say. Who is going to count votes. Who has final say if committee and owner disagree. How long does the committee have to finish the approval? What happens if the person keeping track of all the trades is not online for days? Will this committee commit to be online at the same time every day to have these discussions? Will we have a open thread so all the posters can see what is being said by this committee? Who is in charge of starting these threads? So much work, again how long does the committee have to make pick official?

IMO keep it simple stupid is always the best way to make something a easy success.

IMO Virgil should  run the new draft for round one the same as last time but without the trades, if all goes well and easy run other rounds.  With no trades allowed it should run fast and should have Virgil not putting in too much time on it (still time just not as much, haha)

IMO if anyone wants to make a more complex detailed type mock draft for the members here then maybe they should put all the time in to create one and do it themselves. Easy to give someone else more work when they never lifted a thing on even the easier one. Virgil did a great simplified system that worked well and was something quick enough to run that didn't give him too much work to run. IMO the trades made way too much work for him. 

Edited by xRUSHx

2 hours ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Hope he gets better! Mine is unexpectedly in there as well. He is in my thoughts...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Could set up a sheet that allows a couple users to edit, but all to view, and then have the editors make the changes indicated in the thread here. I tracked this draft in excel, so it'd be pretty similar I think.

Example

Also, assuming we do move forward with another version, I've put together an export of the top 200 on Matt Miller's Big Board (as of 3/20/18) so that participants can reference it if they are unsure about the quality of available players.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
Another Sheet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Talk about complicating the hell out of something that is already work to do. Who is going to be appointed to babysit the committee? What happens when a pick can't happen because someone on the committee is offline? Who is going to be in charge of keeping track of all the trades and where each team is drafting since trades could get way out of hand by round 2-3. Anyone writing down each of these owners trades so when someone says there turn is up when it isn't Up? I would think we would need a arbitrator to settle disputes when a owner says one thing but committee says another. Why have a owner if they do not have final say. Who is going to count votes. Who has final say if committee and owner disagree. How long does the committee have to finish the approval? What happens if the person keeping track of all the trades is not online for days? Will this committee commit to be online at the same time every day to have these discussions? Will we have a open thread so all the posters can see what is being said by this committee? Who is in charge of starting these threads? So much work, again how long does the committee have to make pick official?

IMO keep it simple stupid is always the best way to make something a easy success.

IMO Virgil should  run the new draft for round one the same as last time but without the trades, if all goes well and easy run other rounds.  With no trades allowed it should run fast and should have Virgil not putting in too much time on it (still time just not as much, haha)

IMO if anyone wants to make a more complex detailed type mock draft for the members here then maybe they should put all the time in to create one and do it themselves. Easy to give someone else more work when they never lifted a thing on even the easier one. Virgil did a great simplified system that worked well and was something quick enough to run that didn't give him too much work to run. IMO the trades made way too much work for him. 

Maybe too much coffee or something?

Not trying to put too much work on Virgil's plate. He did a great job with this draft. 

Just a suggestion that I thought bridged the gap between trades galore and no trades.