TSW Mock Trade Draft vs Actual

Virgil

22 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Maybe if we had some of our old staffs but this one is smarter then that and knows Allen is not worth a top 10 pick to sit around 2 years trying to clean up his accuracy and footwork. IMO

Why would Colts move I can not see Denver  taking him anyway Denver will grab Mayfield here IMO

Why did the Bears trade with the 49ers when they didn't need to? Colts could get nervous that another team will try to trade up for the player considered to be the best in the draft. I still see the Broncos as a wild card too. They could go QB or they could go a number of different ways as well.

27 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Maybe if we had some of our old staffs but this one is smarter then that and knows Allen is not worth a top 10 pick to sit around 2 years trying to clean up his accuracy and footwork. IMO

Why would Colts move I can not see Denver  taking him anyway Denver will grab Mayfield here IMO

Well they view Allen as the second best QB like many scouts do

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

With the 5th Pick, the Buccaneers Officially Pick:  Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.  The Colts are now on the Clock

Well there you go. That's why the Colts should have swapped picks with the Bucs. Not a bad pick for the Bucs either IMO.

Broncos could still get Mayfield at #7 assuming the Colts stay at #6.

Just now, kdiggz said:

Dolphins, Cards, Ravens might want to trade with Colts to get Mayfield ahead of Broncos

I like the Bucs trade to get Barkley, could see that happening actually if he somehow made it to #5.  I still dont personally believe the Broncos will take a QB in the first.  They spent a lot on Keenum, but they had guys capable of being a bridge to a high drafted rookie on that roster before Keenum.  So I think Elway is looking to win now and will take Minkah with their pick (now 7th in this mock, but I think they take him at 5 if they dont trade back) to help rebuild the secondary.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I like the Bucs trade to get Barkley, could see that happening actually if he somehow made it to #5.  I still dont personally believe the Broncos will take a QB in the first.  They spent a lot on Keenum, but they had guys capable of being a bridge to a high drafted rookie on that roster before Keenum.  So I think Elway is looking to win now and will take Minkah with their pick (now 7th in this mock, but I think they take him at 5 if they dont trade back) to help rebuild the secondary.  

Keenum is essentially on a 1 year deal and the Broncos are the only team to have the GM, HC, top personnel guy at all of the QB pro days. Also volunteered to coach the senior bowl as long as Allen and Mayfield were on their team. Doesn't get anymore obvious than that

10 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Well they view Allen as the second best QB like many scouts do

Those scouts are blind he needs a ton of work and IMO is going to bust as a franchise QB. Cutler 2.0 type of starter/career IMO

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Can you stop spouting my draft strategy bro?

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Trade. Cardinals picky. Colts have the 13 pick and have acquired David Johnson 

Cardinals own the 15th pick, not 13th. 

I need to hear this from the Cards GM 

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

David Johnson is not good enough for 15 to 6 but I guess we can't have nice things.

Yeah, this seems like the least plausible thing. Their offense is all Johnson 

David Johnson is not good enough for 15 to 6 but I guess we can't have nice things.

He is probably worth an early second, so it is not to far off based on the draft value chart. 

Makes sense after the injury in a deep RB class. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

He is probably worth an early second, so it is not to far off based on the draft value chart. 

Makes sense after the injury in a deep RB class. 

He is the only good young skill position player on the Cards right now.  He's the exact player you'd want to keep for a young QB like Mayfield.  He also isn't worth the drop of 9 picks for the Colts in a "deep RB class," when they have a ton of picks. Bad and unrealistic trade.

But whatever, I don't think the Broncos would take Baker, so we're running to the podium for Minkah!  Let's go!

Edited by jmc12290

He is the only good young skill position player on the Cards right now.  He's the exact player you'd want to keep for a young QB like Mayfield.  Bad and unrealistic trade.

I agree, I would rather give up more picks. 

49ers up after that and John Lynch loves to wheel and deal. Hit me up with any trade offers!

There's a certain guard still available that many would say is one of the best players in the draft. I wonder if Giants would be trying to trade back up for him

Man Colts are getting screwed here. They miss out on Barkley by one pick. Miss out on Chubb. And now they have dropped all the way to 15th in the draft. It was assumed they didn't want to drop out of the top 10 and miss out on elite talent and that is why they dealt with the Jets instead of the Bills. They could have traded to 12th with the Bills and picked up two additional first round picks on top of that for the Bills to move up to 3.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Man Colts are getting screwed here. They miss out on Barkley by one pick. Miss out on Chubb. And now they have dropped all the way to 15th in the draft. It was assumed they didn't want to drop out of the top 10 and miss out on elite talent and that is why they dealt with the Jets instead of the Bills. They could have traded to 12th with the Bills and picked up two additional first round picks on top of that for the Bills to move up to 3.

Ahh but Johnsons contract is cheaper and Barkley is overrated. It’s a similar trade bills made with Glenn. Johnson is better