My Latest Mock Draft with Bills Picks

11 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

You're outta your mind if you think Jackson is better than Rosen.

I guess I don't see what Rosen brings that is so much better then Jackson.  Have you ever watched the game tape on both these guys.  When under duress in the pocket, Rosen takes the hits while Jackson has that ability to move his feet, reset and throw.  He dosent take big hits and has escapability that Rosen dosent have.

Jackson has a better arm and is behind Rosen only in accuracy.  That's important, in fact critical but in a Daboll offense the RPO will be a very big aspect of what we do and I think an athletic QB with escapability is essential to our future success.

If I was to rate the QB's in relation to what I've seen through their college careers, combine and pro days is:

1.  Darnold

2.  Jackson - Pro Day to come

3.  Mayfield

4.  Rosen

5.  Rudolph

6.  Allen

• Like (+1) 1

If the Giants stay at #2 and draft a DE rather than trade out and receive a bounty of picks then they are truly dumb. Giants will take a QB or trade the pick.

5 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

How could we not have a better offer to Brown's @4 then Arizona? Or do see Bills not even trying to get to #4 with Rosen sitting there?

That has to be it.

Only other explanation is the Browns rather send Rosen to an NFC team than a AFC team. Kind of hedge their bets in-case Rosen becomes a franchise guy.

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

This would be a cool draft except I don't think Lamar makes it past Arizona

He likely does in this mock since he has Arizona trading up to #4 to take Rosen. The key in this mock is that both Giants and Denver pass on QB prospects. I'm not sure how likely it is that both pass on QBs. 

13 minutes ago, BuckeyeBill said:

This is near to my nightmare scanario.  Why didn't we trade into the 4 spot when Rosen fell?  Missing out on Baker by one pick?  TT 2.0 is our franchise QB?  Would be so sad with this.

Just don't see Arizona outbidding us if Rosen is there at 4.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Just don't see Arizona outbidding us if Rosen is there at 4.

Just don’t see why, in this mock draft, Arizona is being proactive and going up to get their guy and yet the Bills and Beane think they are smarter than everyone and Jackson is the better pick and will wind up in their laps.

8 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Lots of movement this week in the NFL.  I think with the Darnold and Allen pro days complete and the Giants trade of JPP.  We now have a better feel as to how the draft is gonna go.  Thinking now that the 4th pick in the draft and 6th pick may be open for business.  So here's my latest mock for the 1st round and the rest of the Bills picks:

1.  Cleveland - Sam  Darnold - QB

2.  NY Giants - Bradley Chubb - DE

3.  NY Jets - Josh Allen - QB

4.  Arizona - Josh Rosen - QB 

5.  Denver - Sequon Barkley - RB

6.  Chicago - Quinten Nelson - OG

7.  Tampa Bay - Denzel Ward - CB

8.  Indianapolis - Minkah Fitzpatrick - CB/S

9.  San Francisco - Derwin James - S

10. Oakland - Roquan Smith - LB

11. Miami - Baker Mayfield - QB 

12. Buffalo - Tremaine Edmunds - LB

13. Washington - Calvin Ridley - WR

14. Green Bay - Cortland Sutton - WR

15. Cleveland - Vita Vea - DT

16. Baltimore - Marcus Davenport - DE/Edge

17. LA Chargers - Deron Payne - DT

18. Seattle - Mike McGlintchy - OT

19. Dallas - Rashean Evans - LB

20. Detroit - Darius Guice - RB

21. Cincinnati - Billy Price - OG/C

22. Buffalo - Lamar Jackson - QB

23. LA Rams - Leighton Vander Esch - LB

24. Carolina - DJ Moore - WR

25. Tennessee - Taven Bryan - DT

26. Atlanta - Harrison Phillips - DT

27. New Orleans - Dallas Goedert - TE

28. Pittsburgh - Mason Rudolph - QB

29. Jacksonville - Isaiah Wynn - OG

30. Minnesota  - Ronnie Harrison - S

31. New England - Connor Williams - OT

32. Philadelphia - Brian O'Neil - OT

Buffalo at 53 - James Washington - WR

Buffalo at 56 - Josey Jewell - LB

Buffalo at 65 - Tarvarus McFadden - CB

Buffalo at 96 - Rashard Penny - RB

Buffalo - 4th round - Wyatt Teller - OG

Buffalo - 5th round - BJ Hill - DT

Buffalo - 6th Round - Tracy Walker - S

I think this draft would fill a lot of roster holes, give us a young and outstanding LB corp, give the Bills a WR who has the speed to be the needed deep threat, a RB with the ability to run between the tackles, catch the ball out of the backfield, along with being a threat on kickoff and punt returns, and I may actually take him at 65 and go CB at 96.  Teller is an ex DT and is mean and nasty road grader type to replace RI.  McFadden is tall and rangy and fits into a zone scheme, Hill is big and powerful inside DT who can spell Star each game and Walker may end being a quality ST guy if he dosent develop at S.

Looking forward to everyone's feedback

I would be very happy with this draft. 

Jackson is my #3 QB. I think he would do well in the right situation, and coming here with Daboll would be a good thing for him imo. I don't think he would start immediately, and that's even better for him. Give him time to get in an NFL weight room and add some mass. I like Washington, but I think the Bills really like Pettis. 

I'm leaning more and more to keeping the picks.  We can get 4-5 quality starters and get a QB like Jackson or Rudolph whose chance of succeeding is not that different than the top 4.  The Browns and Jets are the only sure bets to take a QB in front of us.  If Denver passes on QB at 5 which I think is probable, I think Rosen or Allen make it to 12 anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Just don’t see why, in this mock draft, Arizona is being proactive and going up to get their guy and yet the Bills and Beane think they are smarter than everyone and Jackson is the better pick and will wind up in their laps.

I think some posters are trying to prove a point about our ability to still get a "decent" QB and a bunch of other talent.  Realistically, between 22-53-56, we'll likely to be lucky to get 2 guys who are really good starters.  I think there's more than a decent amount of projection that if we keep all the picks the guys we draft are sure to be good, which isn't reality.

3 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Jackson is TT v2.0, bills won't draft him.

And Baker is Manziel 2.0

And Allen is Paxton Lynch 2.0

And Rudolph is Ponder 2.0

Darnold is Barkley 2.0

Rosen is Locker 2.0.

I believe this concludes the lazy and pointless narrative part of the thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Picking up 9 players is the way I want to see it play out. This team needs more than to just draft a qb. We need to sure up depth AND starting positional players. For those that lament that Lamar could be gone. Who cares. Move for a second tier QB in the second round instead. 

If things were only that easy.  

I will say this and many of our critiques of other people's mocks are based on it.  If you get locked in on a player you are always going to be disappointed because the player you're locked in on most likely will not be the one that we draft.

My assessment of this mock.  While I would like to have a QB with better college production in the passing game, this mock does address a great deal of areas, even QB.  I don't think Jackson will be anywhere near ready to play, just like Allen so that's why I would be thrilled but disappointed in a draft like this.  I think we need someone who can possibly play immediately as I'm not sold on McCarron as a full-time starter.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Great idea. In the best qb class in a decade, essentially pass on qb. Only a bills fan could be this monumentally blockheaded.

It warms my heart that we disagree. Giving your opinion shows me Im on the right path.

42 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If the Giants stay at #2 and draft a DE rather than trade out and receive a bounty of picks then they are truly dumb. Giants will take a QB or trade the pick.

That has to be it.

Only other explanation is the Browns rather send Rosen to an NFC team than a AFC team. Kind of hedge their bets in-case Rosen becomes a franchise guy.

Yes ( Cleveland’s biggest concern) make it all the way to the AFC championship game next year and then get beat by Rosen/Buffalo ,  

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

I guess I don't see what Rosen brings that is so much better then Jackson.  Have you ever watched the game tape on both these guys.  When under duress in the pocket, Rosen takes the hits while Jackson has that ability to move his feet, reset and throw.  He dosent take big hits and has escapability that Rosen dosent have.

Jackson has a better arm and is behind Rosen only in accuracy.  That's important, in fact critical but in a Daboll offense the RPO will be a very big aspect of what we do and I think an athletic QB with escapability is essential to our future success.

If I was to rate the QB's in relation to what I've seen through their college careers, combine and pro days is:

1.  Darnold

2.  Jackson - Pro Day to come

3.  Mayfield

4.  Rosen

5.  Rudolph

6.  Allen

Yes I have watched game tape on both of these guys.  Accuracy is the single most important trait for a QB.  In an RPO offense it's even that much more important because of the short quick throws.  Athleticism is pretty much irrelevant when evaluating a QB look at Brady and Manning.  As for arm strength Rosen has plenty strong enough arm to hit all NFL throws.  What good does it do Jackson if he can throw the ball a mile but not hit his target?