I’m not anxious for Beane to make anymore moves!

Beane is simply cleaning up the cap mess and overall roster mess we had from the last regime. This is the reality of hiring a new GM and HC, and its the reason why no matter what happens we have to stick with the McBeaner tandem for 5 years

SO if Beane wants ot trade and deal then I am 1000000% behind him.... Either he'll be a great GM bordering on pure genius or we fire him in 4 years and start from scratch just the same

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

If we don't get our QB in this year and Mahomes lights the world on fire a lot of people will wonder why we didn't just take him at #10 and they'd be right

we were not picking a QB last year knowing full well a new GM was coming and it would be him who gets to build  the roster.

Thats the reality and there was never a scenario where the old GM was going to pick the the QB for the new GM

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Beane is simply cleaning up the cap mess and overall roster mess we had from the last regime. This is the reality of hiring a new GM and HC, and its the reason why no matter what happens we have to stick with the McBeaner tandem for 5 years

SO if Beane wants ot trade and deal then I am 1000000% behind him.... Either he'll be a great GM bordering on pure genius or we fire him in 4 years and start from scratch just the same

we were not picking a QB last year knowing full well a new GM was coming and it would be him who gets to build  the roster.

Thats the reality and there was never a scenario where the old GM was going to pick the the QB for the new GM

We did pretty good by trading down, getting more capital for this year and drafting a stud with Tre White but if we fail to get that 'FRANCHISE QB' this year people will absolutely bring up the fact that we let Mahomes get away. New GM/HC or not and they'd be right because anyone with two functioning eyes can see Mahomes is going to be a world beater.

I was calling him QB1 on BBMB leading up to the Draft and was upset we weren't interested. Though I do like we kicked the tires on Trubisky who I think is going to be special too.

4 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

If we don't get our QB in this year and Mahomes lights the world on fire a lot of people will wonder why we didn't just take him at #10 and they'd be right

We still can’t blame Beane for this as he was still with Carolina at last year’s draft. If anyone is to blame it would be McDermott as he was calling the shots at that time. McDermott had just arrived in Buffalo and was relying on a scouting staff he did not fully trust. Would it have been smart to trust Whaley to pick his franchise qb if McDermott knew he would be moving on from Whaley after the draft? Qb is the most important position and I believe McDermott wanted to reserve that decision for his new GM since their futures would depend on it. 

1 minute ago, racketmaster said:

We still can’t blame Beane for this as he was still with Carolina at last year’s draft. If anyone is to blame it would be McDermott as he was calling the shots at that time. McDermott had just arrived in Buffalo and was relying on a scouting staff he did not fully trust. Would it have been smart to trust Whaley to pick his franchise qb if McDermott knew he would be moving on from Whaley after the draft? Qb is the most important position and I believe McDermott wanted to reserve that decision for his new GM since their futures would depend on it. 

I'm not putting blame on anyone. Just being honest about the blowback we will receive if we don't address the QB situation in the Draft with a sure fire kid. We will move up and take our guy this year.

9 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I'm not putting blame on anyone. Just being honest about the blowback we will receive if we don't address the QB situation in the Draft with a sure fire kid. We will move up and take our guy this year.

I guess if we were to cast blame, it would have to be on McDermott not Beane since Beane was not here last year to make any draft day decisions. But I can understand why McDermott wanted to kick the can down the road until he got his GM in place. 

Edited by racketmaster

2 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

I guess if we were to cast blame, it would have to be on McDermott not Beane since Beane was not here last year to make any draft day decisions. But I can understand why McDermott wanted to kick the can down the road until he got his GM in place. 

They were banking on us being bad enough this year that we would be high enough to take a QB with our first pick. It was worth a shot and I'm glad we made the playoffs. I have no urge to blame McDermott or Beane. I'm happy we have two smart young guys running our team now and I'd go to war for them.

8 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

They were banking on us being bad enough this year that we would be high enough to take a QB with our first pick. It was worth a shot and I'm glad we made the playoffs. I have no urge to blame McDermott or Beane. I'm happy we have two smart young guys running our team now and I'd go to war for them.

I don’t think the MCBean team thought we were going to be bad last year. They scoffed at the tanking talk and signed a lot of veteran players. Yes, they traded away talent but it was all expensive talent or soon to be expensive talent. If they planned to get a high draft pick for this year,  they failed miserably. If that had been their plan they would not have had Taylor return last year. Last year was about changing the culture and getting cap in order for the future. 

That said, I do believe that they felt this year’s qb talent was deep and that they would have a chance to get someone they liked with the draft capital they gained. 

Edited by racketmaster

7 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

OKWow, this guy doesn’t have the best of luck!

A) Trades Sammy for EJ, looks like EJ is gonna walk in free agency. Sammy plays 1 year for the Rams and then lands a monster contract with the Chiefs.

B) Trades back in last year’s 1st rd and the Chiefs promptly lands Mahomes who looks like he is going to be a stud and we stay stuck with Tyrod. Now we pick up draft capital but probably not enough to land a franchise QB of our own. At least we got TreDavious out of it.

C) Trades Ronald Darby for Jordan Matthews. We all know how that worked out, Darby ends up going to a Super Bowl winning team and Matthews gets injured in the first 15 minutes in his first practice with the Bills and once again looks like another player that we traded for is going to walk in free agency once again. Oh, let me be fair about this, we did get a 3rd rd pick out of this fiasco.

D) Let’s trade again! We traded Reggie Ragland, a 2nd rd pick, to once again the Chiefs. We are Kansas City’s greatest asset! They make all kinds of moves of shedding big contracts on aging veterans and replacing them with potentially great young players with cheap contracts and all because we are great enablers! What is it with us and these !@#$ing Chiefs??!!! 

E) We shed ourselves of a horrendous contract by offing Marcel Dareus, another high draft pick, #3 overall for a bag of peanuts when all the while we are left with Adolphus Washington, a proven idiot who openly plays around with a gun in front of a police officer. Now I do understand moving Dareus but man the return on our dollars from the last few drafts have been pennies!

F) Don’t stop me, just call me butter because I’m on a roll. Once again another trade! This time we couple our 1st rd pick with our starting LT, yes a starting LT, to move up to get in position to grab a franchise QB but it may not be enough. Now I get it, Cordy can’t stay healthy and has a big fat contract but he is a starting LT ( have I mentioned that yet??). 

G) I love the thought behind it, rewarding a Pro Bowl C who is eternally loyal to the franchise with a nice big extension but ends up out of the blue with a career ending injury by season’s end and now have a real quandry on his hands on how to resolve this !@#$ing abortion of a move. 

H) Well, if you don’t succeed at first at trading for a WR then let’s try again! Our brain trust goes out and trades with and for an organization and player that he is familiar and comfortable with in Kelvin Benjamin. Now I like Benjamin and still thinks that he’ll be a great player for us but man we no sooner get him he lands up getting hurt and has to play out the bulk of the season for us injured, no where’s able to play up to his capabilities! All I want to know at this point is who in the hell has got it in for us??!!! Enough is enough!

I) Well, now the latest. The guy, last year’s 2nd rd pick, that is going to be our bright star at the WR position suddenly is found running around stark naked screaming that he is fighting for God just before he attempts to jump out a 30th floor window. Listen folks, I’m not making any of this **** up. What the hell is going on around here??!!! Maybe we should blow our wad of draft picks on a QB so we can eliminate numerous mistakes and just keep it to one!

Go Bills???

:huh:

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

When mahomes kills it with Kelce, Watkins, Hill, and Hunt you will look dumb 

Ever heard of Andy Reid ? ??‍♂️

Yeah, Reid has this ridiculous rep as some kind of OB guru because Favre worked out well while he worked under Holmgren?  McNabb?  OK never great.  Smith?  OK.  Who else?

Mahomes has done nothing yet, guys that have come out of the college program he did have never done anything, but he's going to be a star?

We'll see.  A little early to anoint him as some kind of QB savant.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah, Reid has this ridiculous rep as some kind of OB guru because Favre worked out well while he worked under Holmgren?  McNabb?  OK never great.  Smith?  OK.  Who else?

Mahomes has done nothing yet, guys that have come out of the college program he did have never done anything, but he's going to be a star?

We'll see.  A little early to anoint him as some kind of QB savant.

Its way too early to call him anything at all, but a stud? Come on, that is ridiculous. He threw 35 passes in Week 17 of the NFL season. That's it. If it were a Bill, the board would be full of excuses that it didn't count or that he has more INTs than TDs.

Time will tell with Mahomes, but no where near proving to be a smart selection by the chiefs. 

Edited by What a Tuel

11 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

B) Trades back in last year’s 1st rd and the Chiefs promptly lands Mahomes who looks like he is going to be a stud and we stay stuck with Tyrod. Now we pick up draft capital but probably not enough to land a franchise QB of our own. At least we got TreDavious out of it.

Well considering Mahomes would likely be the 6th or 7th highest rated QB if he was in this years draft, I find no accuracy in your statement that Bills cant find their franchise guy this year after passing on Mahomes last year.  We will be able to take a guy at 12 that is a better prospect than Mahomes was in last years draft, not to mention we might even still trade up.