Is there a rush to judgement on Peterman?

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't know what you're talking about but many on here including me want the Bills to spend the accumulated draft capital to trade up and select one of these highly rated QB prospects. 

Yes, and then when we go 2-14 and his stats are terrible what happens? Do you stick behind him? 

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

A number of top QBs have had horrible games where they threw multiple interceptions, many more than one.

NFL Passes Intercepted Single Game Leaders. Here's a sampling:

Ken Stabler: 7

John Brodie: 6

Joe Namath: 6 (3x)

Norm Van Brocklin: 6

Brett Favre: 6

Peyton Manning: 6

Joe Ferguson: 6

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

Is this you Nate?

No one bad game does not define a QB but it can confirm things you suspected. Peterman shows up to practice right? they get to see him throw the ball there, see him in film study. Throwing an interception every 6 minutes may confirm some things they suspected when scouting him and watching him every day in practice. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think the problem with this logic is that it doesn’t account for what happened prior to the bad game.  For example, I’m pretty sure Manning’s 6 Int game came against the Chargers in prime time.  If that’s correct, I’m pretty sure that was in the mid 2000s.  He had already established himself in this league before that game took place.  I was ok with the peterman decision so I won’t pretend that I thought it was a terrible move, but that game didn’t do anything to give anyone confidence that he is the answer to our qb problem.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I think the problem with this logic is that it doesn’t account for what happened prior to the bad game.  For example, I’m pretty sure Manning’s 6 Int game came against the Chargers in prime time.  If that’s correct, I’m pretty sure that was in the mid 2000s.  He had already established himself in this league before that game took place.  I was ok with the peterman decision so I won’t pretend that I thought it was a terrible move, but that game didn’t do anything to give anyone confidence that he is the answer to our qb problem.

There have been too many wise, thoughtful and up voted newbies around here lately for my taste.

...I'm feeling inferior.

It is almost like I have complex developing associated with the way I feel lesser than others...I don't know what to call it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

A number of top QBs have had horrible games where they threw multiple interceptions, many more than one.

Other than throwing for 6 INT's in a game, Fergy really doesn't belong on this list of 'top'' QB's.

Most of those QBs improved as time went on.  A lot of fans here don't believe a QB can improve.  I've heard it with draft prospects saying they won't improve from their college days to the NFL.  It's armchair GM season remember...

The guy can improve and if he does, he will compete for the starting job.  If not, he will stay in the background where he is now

6 INTs in a game isn't the same as 6 INTs in the first half of your 1st career start......

Being a highly rated prospect you could say that maybe it was just a fluke or bad game, or it's against the Pats and they had the playbook well in advance, but when your a 5th round pick against a middle of the pact team, you won't get the same slack.

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Give me a break. 

Whatever man. 

Maybe we we should find Levi Jones because after all he was a 7th Rounder and he “never got a fair shake”. 

Nate Peterman stunk up the joint immediately. 

Give you a break from what?  Facts?

Did I say Nate would be great? 

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

Give up and do what?

They had 2 other quarterbacks on the team - Webb and Peterman.

They tried the second best guy for a game.   He embarrassed himself, the coaches and the Buffalo Bills organization with record setting bad play.

So, HOW do you suggest they would have given up in a better way?

Play (throw it to the other team)Peterman at QB the rest of the year and shoot for record number of interceptions in a season ever?

Umm. Foles was available I believe 

who else? Keenum? 

Peterman has a horrible half.  

He was put in because what McDermott had a brain fart or because TT was playing poorly?

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There is no point when you try to hold out hope for him by comparing him to QBs who were 1st and 2nd overall picks in their respective draft classes. 

And yet many held out hope for Tyrod Taylor.  

I guess bills fans are clueless 

54 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:
56 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't know what you're talking about but many on here including me want the Bills to spend the accumulated draft capital to trade up and select one of these highly rated QB prospects. 

Yes, and then when we go 2-14 and his stats are terrible what happens? Do you stick behind him?

Highly rated prospect he said?

like some experts said about Nate? 

The Natehaters you gotta love em no? 

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Are you Nate Peterman's mom???

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Resistance is Futile.  

I raised this topic in a few threads and the results I saw were that The NateHaters don’t care.  

14 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Most of those QBs improved as time went on.  A lot of fans here don't believe a QB can improve.  I've heard it with draft prospects saying they won't improve from their college days to the NFL.  It's armchair GM season remember...

The guy can improve and if he does, he will compete for the starting job.  If not, he will stay in the background where he is now

Except for Favre and Manning, all these QBs were in their primes 30 years ago ... and even Favre's prime was about 20 years ago.

What do Tee Martin, Mike McMahon, AJ Feeley, Randy Fasani, Brandon Doman, Craig Nall, Brian St Pierre, Craig Krenzel, Dan Orlovsky, Adrian McPherson, Ingle Martin, Omar Jacobs,  Jeff Rowe, Troy Smith, John David Booty, Dennis Dixon, Josh Johnson, Erik Ainge, Rhett Bomar, Nate Davis, John Skelton, Jonathan Crompton, Ricky Stanzi, TJ Yates,  Nathan Enderle, Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron?    They're all the fifth round draft picks taken since 2000.

There are a few who were backup QBs, some for even several years, but none of them came close to becoming even a low level starting QB.   Most of these guys probably never even played in an NFL regular season game.  You can yap all you want about "armchair GM season" but the reality is that Nate Peterman is a longshot to become even an NFL backup for several years.