Show me Your Ride

Mark80

6 hours ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

2013 Cadillac CTS-V

Able to get 14 mpg combined highway/city. Blame my right foot.

I have a 2013 ATS. When I was shopping they tried to get me in a CTS-V. I wouldn’t even get in the thing because I knew I’d be in trouble! I love my ATS, I bet the V is a freakin blast to drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

How many miles have you put on it? I’d be skeptical of putting a turbo in a V6 myself, not sure how I feel about that engine.

Just 10K per year, typically. I'm not pulling trailers or boats, but what I get out of the engine is terrific acceleration. What I get out of the truck is a ton of interior room (front and back), height, power, and  an advantage on CA highways that are typically filled with Priuses, Volts, Minis and VW bugs with little flowers on their dashboards.

In the end, when I hit something, I want to be left standing.

• Like (+1) 1

Hadn't bought a new vehicle in 10 years...currently awaiting delivery of a 2018 Audi SQ5.  I'm an SUV guy...like being up a little bit higher on the road and enjoy the cargo space.  Test drove this baby and it flies.  The Q7 has a third row but with no kids that wasn't a necessity.

SQ5.png

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Hadn't bought a new vehicle in 10 years...currently awaiting delivery of a 2018 Audi SQ5.  I'm an SUV guy...like being up a little bit higher on the road and enjoy the cargo space.  Test drove this baby and it flies.  The Q7 has a third row but with no kids that wasn't a necessity.

SQ5.png

i have an order in for the Q7 right now.  it's not a made to spec order, but they found the one i wanted, and have to bring it up.  after test driving a number of cars, the audis were by far my favorite.  does the q5 have the vision package?  it's amazing.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i have an order in for the Q7 right now.  it's not a made to spec order, but they found the one i wanted, and have to bring it up.  after test driving a number of cars, the audis were by far my favorite.  does the q5 have the vision package?  it's amazing.

The virtual cockpit?  Yep.  I can't wait.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

The virtual cockpit?  Yep.  I can't wait.

once i saw it, i wanted it.  did you build the car yourself?  i've heard it can take months, and i just didn't have the time to wait.

Not the size of the wand, but magic in it.  Can't hit what you can't catch.

Anything under 7 secs 0-60 will scoot away from the tanks.

Today driving isn't like being in a Porsche Spider & meeting a Ford Custom.  Safety built into the smaller vehicles... Couple with acceleration... Probably safer! 

The only enemy is oneself...

48 minutes ago, teef said:

once i saw it, i wanted it.  did you build the car yourself?  i've heard it can take months, and i just didn't have the time to wait.

Yes custom order...started the process in mid-January and should have it within the next two weeks...so, about 2.5-3 months.  I wasn't in a hurry so it was no big deal to wait for what I wanted.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, Seasons1992 said:

2005 CR-V with only 258,618 miles on it. 

The tailgate is covered in brewery stickers (plus a big Bills logo magnet). 

Best rig I will ever own (unless I get my dream vehicle....a 4Runner).

Either it, or I, will expire before we part.

6087.jpg

HEY! That looks familiar! Holds lots of tailgate goodies in the rear! Merci! 

My son just got a 4Runner and he LOVES it! 

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Yes custom order...started the process in mid-January and should have it within the next two weeks...so, about 2.5-3 months.  I wasn't in a hurry so it was no big deal to wait for what I wanted.

that's not too bad.  i read in a forum that it took someone 6 months.  i'm not sure what the make was, or when they ordered it, but that is super long.  i'm still waiting on an email saying that they can ship my car up to me.  it's taking longer than i'd like, but what can you do?

FWIW:

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2011/06/your_big_car_is_killing_me.html

ALL vehicles are getting larger anr larger the last 40 years... Heavier too... Almost a 1,000 pounds more on average.

My MINI is almost 4,000 pounds.  My Jeep is over 2 tons.

"The average new car weighed 3,221 pounds in 1987 but 4,009 pounds in 2010. Even small-size sedans have packed on the pounds, thanks to more-powerful—if more-efficient—engines, as well as features like nicer seats, more safety features, and more legroom."

On 3/26/2018 at 12:47 PM, LABillzFan said:

I got a 2017 F150 Sport last year, pretty much like below. It's like driving around in my living room. Beautiful ride, incredible interior, great pick up, and Ecoboost gives me decent mileage.

I always get a kick out of people when they get in for the first time and are like "What in the holy hell??"

image.jpeg.f08277f388ba1df6875377451ade5bd9.jpeg

I'm on my 4th F150 and they just keep getting better. An added bonus for me is the amount you can fit when you fold up the back seats. So much room. I agree with the Ecoboost. I was blown away by how fast this thing is for a V6. Very happy with this truck. Mine is a 3-year lease so it comes due summer 2019. The buyback is way to high so I will have to make up my mind buy or lease again.  I can't remember.  What does the Sport version have that the others don't? Mine is a Lariat.

2 hours ago, Dante said:

I'm on my 4th F150 and they just keep getting better. An added bonus for me is the amount you can fit when you fold up the back seats. So much room. I agree with the Ecoboost. I was blown away by how fast this thing is for a V6. Very happy with this truck. Mine is a 3-year lease so it comes due summer 2019. The buyback is way to high so I will have to make up my mind buy or lease again.  I can't remember.  What does the Sport version have that the others don't? Mine is a Lariat.

Honestly, I don't even know what came in the Sports package.

What actually happened was Ford's website lets you build the vehicle you want, with the features you want, and then you give that to your dealer and he finds it for you.

The problem was that you were able to build something that Ford simply didn't make. You want a back-up camera? Fine, but it's part of this package. You can't just get it by itself. You want GPS? Fine, but it's part of a package, etc. The website didn't really take that into consideration.

Finally the dealer pulled a Sports version from the back, apparently on the inventory list for too long, and said "How about this? It has everything you want, plus stuff you don't want, and we'll do it for what you're asking."

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

FWIW:

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2011/06/your_big_car_is_killing_me.html

ALL vehicles are getting larger anr larger the last 40 years... Heavier too... Almost a 1,000 pounds more on average.

My MINI is almost 4,000 pounds.  My Jeep is over 2 tons.

"The average new car weighed 3,221 pounds in 1987 but 4,009 pounds in 2010. Even small-size sedans have packed on the pounds, thanks to more-powerful—if more-efficient—engines, as well as features like nicer seats, more safety features, and more legroom."

Modern American cars need that extra weight to support the extra weight of the modern American

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, teef said:

i'm still waiting on an email saying that they can ship my car up to me.  it's taking longer than i'd like, but what can you do?

Cap a few mother!@#$ers to make sure they understand you're not screwing around?

On 3/26/2018 at 5:52 PM, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I have a 2013 ATS. When I was shopping they tried to get me in a CTS-V. I wouldn’t even get in the thing because I knew I’d be in trouble! I love my ATS, I bet the V is a freakin blast to drive. 

It's amazing. A slippery slope, since I told myself when I got it that I won't modify it... and now I spend half my day looking at upgrades, air filters, exhaust systems, etc...

By itself, a dangerously fast car. Fun as hell, especially on the California scenic drives.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/27/2018 at 3:19 PM, eball said:

SQ5.png

I think an RS3 or RS4, if they ever sell them here again, are pretty high on my list of next car to get down the road.  I had a tuned A4 S-Line a few years back, loved it, but too many miles on it and had to get rid of it. 

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Always happens right after EII sends out a meeting invite

What's a "meeting invite?"

Nevermind, I Googled it.  I am labor, we build the gibbets... But I get your point.

...Get a boat and sit in the lock, you'll feel like you are in a gibbet.  We can have some "quality time" together. :D :P

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Took my ride to the track yesterday, for the first time ever. I had an absolute blast! 

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

How much does it cost to do that?

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

How much does it cost to do that?

It was given as a gift for my birthday. The website is below. I went on an open track day. Got a full day of fun in, from 9 to 4 with an hour lunch.  Since it was my first time,  I also had to have an instructor give me a basic class, which cost a little extra.  

http://gorally.com

17 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Took my ride to the track yesterday, for the first time ever. I had an absolute blast! 

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Why would you take a "brick" like a Cherokee to the track... Even if it is equipped extra special?  It is still an off-road vehicle. On the job training, so you can put up the good fight with the bad guys in Lambos??... At least you'll be able to blast through median w/that Grand Cherokee when the bad guys crash. :D

Anyway, that video is impressive!  We're you taking that brick 45mph around that corner?

I'd think I rather watch a tow boat with 6 barges enter the lock chamber, in the month of January w/20" of ice on the river.

:P:P

Glad you had fun! Just messing with you.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why would you take a "brick" like a Cherokee to the track... Even if it is equipped extra special?  It is still an off-road vehicle. On the job training, so you can put up the good fight with the bad guys in Lambos??... At least you'll be able to blast through median w/that Grand Cherokee when the bad guys crash. :D

Anyway, that video is impressive!  We're you taking that brick 45mph around that corner?

I'd think I rather watch a tow boat with 6 barges enter the lock chamber, in the month of January w/20" of ice on the river.

:P:P

Glad you had fun! Just messing with you.

Whenever you see a punch bowl,  you just have to pee in it,  huh? Geeeeeez

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, teef said:

that's not too bad.  i read in a forum that it took someone 6 months.  i'm not sure what the make was, or when they ordered it, but that is super long.  i'm still waiting on an email saying that they can ship my car up to me.  it's taking longer than i'd like, but what can you do?

Did you get yours yet?  Picking mine up today!

13 hours ago, eball said:

Did you get yours yet?  Picking mine up today!

i did!  i picked it up last friday.  it is by far the best made i've ever owned.  the entire thing feels solid.  from they way the doors close, to just hearing the clicks when you press various buttons.  it's fantastic.  there's a definite learning curve if you haven't owned on before.  i'm  getting better with it, but i still read some of the manual every night...i just keep finding new things it can do.  

i only have two gripes, and i'm really going out of my way to complain about something.  the first is that the car has the option that it will stop running and go to electric every time you come to a stop.  i don't know why, but it drives me nuts.  there's a button front and center to shut it off, but you have to do it every time you get into the car.  maybe there's a way to turn it off full time,  but i haven't checked that out yet.

the second thing is i find that i have to close the doors multiple times because the things are so damn heavy, (which is a good thing).   i bought my car from the lot, so it didn't have the option of the soft close.  it's not the end of the world, but it would be an option i would get next time.  i think your car probably has that feature.

incredible ride.  i'm shocked how quick it is for a larger car.  i find reasons to take it out whenever i can.  well worth the money.

Edited by teef

On 3/25/2018 at 1:51 PM, /dev/null said:

You've got some competition from one of my coworkers that drives a 2015 Accord with a neutral grey paint job.  I call it The Dad Car

I have a 2015 Accord and love it. I bought it new, have over 150k miles on it, and haven't had to make any repairs. It's not the sexiest car, but it's fun to drive, especially for a standard sedan. When it dies I'll probably buy another one.

The biggest downside is the ultra ****ty stock speakers but I replaced them with JL Audio component speakers. Now it sounds better than my old Millenia with the Bose system did.

20 hours ago, teef said:

i did!  i picked it up last friday.  it is by far the best made i've ever owned.  the entire thing feels solid.  from they way the doors close, to just hearing the clicks when you press various buttons.  it's fantastic.  there's a definite learning curve if you haven't owned on before.  i'm  getting better with it, but i still read some of the manual every night...i just keep finding new things it can do.  

i only have two gripes, and i'm really going out of my way to complain about something.  the first is that the car has the option that it will stop running and go to electric every time you come to a stop.  i don't know why, but it drives me nuts.  there's a button front and center to shut it off, but you have to do it every time you get into the car.  maybe there's a way to turn it off full time,  but i haven't checked that out yet.

the second thing is i find that i have to close the doors multiple times because the things are so damn heavy, (which is a good thing).   i bought my car from the lot, so it didn't have the option of the soft close.  it's not the end of the world, but it would be an option i would get next time.  i think your car probably has that feature.

incredible ride.  i'm shocked how quick it is for a larger car.  i find reasons to take it out whenever i can.  well worth the money.

Holy crap I already love this vehicle.  Agree totally with you on the fit and finish -- just top notch.  I actually like the auto stop thing; theoretically it will save gas if you do a lot of stop and go driving (I do).  I have no idea about the door closing issue; they seem fine to me.

I definitely need to take this weekend to play around with all of the settings (there are a gazillion) and figure out how I like things.  I checked out the "adaptive cruise control" on my way home from the dealership and it worked really well.  Basically, you set your speed and how much distance you want between you and the vehicle in front, and the car accelerates/brakes itself to keep that distance.  So, for example, when some idiot swerves over into your lane the car automatically brakes, then speeds back up when the path is clear again.

I have a 2015 Hyundai genesis that I absolutely love. Like driving a cloud around everyday.

Also, check out how this guy made a really cool modified school bus.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic-cars/the-magic-bus-a-cummins-swapped-modified-1941-chevrolet-school-bus/ar-AAvMlkx?ocid=ientp#image=AAvMnnR|13

Edited by ChevyVanMiller