Ramon Humber re-signed?

PIZ

Makes sense to me.  They like him as a guy who knows the scheme and plays special teams.  I thought he was up and down last year but they are very thin at the position.  I'd still like to see someone else brought in there.... Kevin Minter or Will Compton would do very nicely.  I also expect them to attack the position in the draft - possibly with two picks.  

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Makes sense as they are so thin at the position. Humber is at least a competent NFL LB.

That's my thought as well--if he can be the least of your starting 11, then you're probably in pretty good shape.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1

Fine for a vet minimum deal. I get the impression that they don't love Matt Milano, which makes me question their sanity. Again, I trust the process, but Humber playing when Milano was clearly better, giving carres to Mike Tolbert, and rolling with Jordan Mills and Ducasse just seem like such poor decisions. I really was okay with every decision they made last year even the trades and the Tyrod benching. But playing those guys seems nuts. 

If Humber is back as a special teams only player fine, but if he sees significant time on defense, there is a problem.  

One of the beat writers for the Jets was on NFL Radio Saturday and said Stanford was a solid LB that was stuck primarily on special teams due to team “politics”.   He didn’t elaborate on what those politics were. He said that the Stanford signing was going to be a coup for the Bills.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

One of the beat writers for the Jets was on NFL Radio Saturday and said Stanford was a solid LB that was stuck primarily on special teams due to team “politics”.   He didn’t elaborate on what those politics were. He said that The Stanford signing was going to be a coup for the Bills.

Interesting 

7 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

One of the beat writers for the Jets was on NFL Radio Saturday and said Stanford was a solid LB that was stuck primarily on special teams due to team “politics”.   He didn’t elaborate on what those politics were. He said that The Stanford signing was going to be a coup for the Bills.

Just a wild guess - the politics could just be Davis & Lee being a vet and 1st round pick respectively.

His athletic profile is intriguing. Insane 10-yard split. Expect a core ST player, maybe get a contributor on D.

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

Just a wild guess - the politics could just be Davis & Lee being a vet and 1st round pick respectively.

His athletic profile is intriguing. Insane 10-yard split. Expect a core ST player, maybe get a contributor on D.

Yeah, Stanford is an ATHLETE if nothing else.