Bills Sign Newhouse and Bodine

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Bodine is not depth, I actually thought he was a RFA , what an underrated signing, 25 years old, has the 2nd lonest active streak to only Travis fredrick, the dude hasn't missed a game and only surrendered 1 sack, 1 QB hit and 3 penalties all last season. Great signing for us and gives groy serious competition, I fully expect Bodine to be the starter for us.

"Bodine is the worst center I have ever seen"  --longtime Bengals fan. 

6 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Didnt realize NFL teams had all-pro reserve o-linemen waiting in the wings.  I must be missing something.  

They don't have to be all pro, but they need to be serviceable - or maybe you like the idea of McCarron getting pummeled?

Buffalo's RT situation is bad.  Has been for years now.

12 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

They don't have to be all pro, but they need to be serviceable - or maybe you like the idea of McCarron getting pummeled?

Buffalo's RT situation is bad.  Has been for years now.

And the second we actually got two good tackles on the roster we traded one to ensure the 5th best QB in the draft (absent another move up).

14 hours ago, Dr. K said:

One of my old friends is a diehard Bengals fan. What he says about the Bills' acquisitions from the Bengals does not speak well about McBeane and "The Process":

"McCarron is a great leader, smart, relatively accurate, arm like a wet noodle. Hope the improved draft position turns out well. Bodine on the other hand is the worst center I have ever seen." 

So, basically Bengals fans act the same way as Buffalo fans when a player gets signed/traded away. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

So sorry they disappointed you and won games you thought (not a lot of effort there) they should have lost, lose any money betting against the Bills?

Thanks for the sarcasm.

You do realize that the Head Coach says his team basically has said that the team isn't nearly as far ahead as their record indicates, right? It's not what I thought,s*t for brains. It's things like pythag, it's things like your own head coach has said.

Go back to sleep.

I think judging centers is really hard. I don't know a whole lot about Bodine. To really understand a center's job you have to know which protection is called etc etc. What I do know is we only got one sack against the "terrible" Bengals O-line and just 2 sacks in two years.  I know people who analyze these films and stuff for the internet are, for the most part, good at what they do. I don't put a lot of weight on their center grades just because the center has such a complicated job and you would have to know the game plan and protection scheme. Protections can be rather complicated depending on the front and who you are sliding to and such. I'm not sure some guy at PFF would be privy to that information. 

I suppose it is good competition for Groy. I still don't understand why they didn't try Groy at RG. 

Also Newhouse has some experience at guard as well. Could we see him kick into guard where his pass protection woes might not be as bad? 

6 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

If they want to go...let them

I like the way things are going. 

Build the O/line and d/line.

We proved we can build db's with scraps.

No point bringing in any of the Qb's from the draft just to get smashed

Signing these two guys is not the right way to build a o-line...they are both below average players,period.

Edited by Misterbluesky

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

And the second we actually got two good tackles on the roster we traded one to ensure the 5th best QB in the draft (absent another move up).

Exactly. And they tell us we should "trust the process." Such colossal BS. These guys are blind squirrels trying to find a nut who think they are Einstein. 

6 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

If they want to go...let them

I like the way things are going. 

Build the O/line and d/line.

We proved we can build db's with scraps.

No point bringing in any of the Qb's from the draft just to get smashed

Build the O-line? McDermott & Beane came in and changed the blocking system, turning an successful o-line into a mediocre one. Then they trade away a first rate LT in order to move up in the draft so they can get the fifth best QB available, then try to fill in with a couple of failures off the scrap heap. "The worst center I have ever seen."

Edited by Dr. K

Just now, Dr. K said:

Build the O-line? The came in and changed the blocking system, turning an successful o-line into a mediocre one. Then they trade away a first rate LT in order to move up in the draft so they can get the fifth best QB available, then try to fill in with a couple of failures off the scrap heap. "The worst center I have ever seen."

Where did anyone say that they would be starting? Come on, use your brain. 

I'm at a loss to understand so much nastiness about these signings??

1)  Bills have no money=no premium lineman free agents

2)  Center just retired by surprise, so a 25 year old 4 year starter is signed to a reasonable deal

3)  Thin at tackle with Hendersen and Glenn gone- go get a tackle with plenty of starting experience

4)  I don't think many people, myself included, are qualified to judge oline play with any finality.  Don't go find quotes from a Benals fan or Blogger and all of a sudden that opinion is a fact

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Build the O-line? McDermott & Beane came in and changed the blocking system, turning an successful o-line into a mediocre one. Then they trade away a first rate LT in order to move up in the draft so they can get the fifth best QB available, then try to fill in with a couple of failures off the scrap heap. "The worst center I have ever seen."

Our OC Dennison was responsible for the change in run-scheme.  He was fired.

Cody Glenn Traded due to his cap#

They also haven't drafted anyone... including the 5th best qb.

Edited by Jobot

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

Exactly. And they tell us we should "trust the process." Such colossal BS. These guys are blind squirrels trying to find a nut who think they are Einstein. 

Playoffs baby. Quit your whining because we are going again this year and it’s all because of the process.

22 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Our OC Dennison was responsible for the change in run-scheme.  He was fired.

Cody Glenn Traded due to his cap#

They also haven't drafted anyone... including the 5th best qb.

For pity's sake, who hired Dennison? McDermott is responsible.

They are hurting for a right tackle and they get rid of Glenn, creating a weakness. They did not need to do so. Now they have to scramble to come up with some barely adequate--if that--replacement.