Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They aren't banking on that and certainly shouldn't.

I certainly enjoy entertaining a scenario where we've agreed to a deal with the Giants, so the Colts moved on and the Jets panicked, and we & the Giants are letting the Jets have their minute in the sun before dropping the hammer on them.

I think it's much more realistic the Giants are taking QB and not trading the pick, QBs are locked to go 1-3 and the Browns can get Denver to give them something to go from 4 to 5 and get the exact same player.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I certainly enjoy entertaining a scenario where we've agreed to a deal with the Giants, so the Colts moved on and the Jets panicked, and we & the Giants are letting the Jets have their minute in the sun before dropping the hammer on them.

I think it's much more realistic the Giants are taking QB and not trading the pick, QBs are locked to go 1-3 and the Browns can get Denver to give them something to go from 4 to 5 and get the exact same player.  

I'm certain of QB selections at 1 and 3.  Not as much for the #2 slot although I can see a case for it.  The recents moves of the Giants gives me pause on them taking a QB. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills should make every effort to jump up to the #2 pick to get their guy. 

Maybe you should call Beane and let him know. It's possible he hasn't thought of this yet. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm certain of QB selections at 1 and 3.  Not as much for the #2 slot although I can see a case for it.  The recents moves of the Giants gives me pause on them taking a QB. 

Me too...We need to drop the hammer and get the move to 2 done. I cannot conceivably believe that we willingly let the Jets move in front of us...

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with a post in the history of message boards as much as this.

I don’t care...overpay. Sell your kids into slavery. Just get it done.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with a post in the history of message boards as much as this.

2019 doesn't look very promising for QBs.  This is the time.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No it's not.

The Colts wanted Barkley, and they just traded down ending their chances at getting him.

They know either the Browns or Giants are taking him, and it's probably the Browns because if they don't, the Giants will (he won't be there when #4 comes up). 

How do we know that Indy wanted Barkley? I'm guessing that virtually EVERY team wants him, but at what pick is the thing that you seem to be overlooking. Cle is set. QB 1, Barkley 4. No way a RB is going before 4. And IF someone does, they're dumb. Elliot went 4 ONLY because it was a huge need WITH an amazing online already in place. I agree that Barkley is awesome. But damn,  he ain't going before QB's at 1-3. And if Giants keep their pick, I still don't see Gentleman going RB. Not without significantly upgrading the rest of the team in FA. It would be an utter failure at that pick

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I completely agree. 

I think there are two options:

1)  We are deep in talks with the Giants, to the point both teams know it's happen, and the Colts and Jets know it's not an option for the Colts to trade with us or the Jets to trade with the Giants

or

2)  The Giants aren't moving, and they are set on QB.

Bingo.

No use worrying about it, we really have a 50/50 chance of getting our target. Flip a coin IMHO.

Trust the process.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Barkley is a nice talent.  It's one thing to debate if a RB is worth the #2 pick.  But no running back is worth the haul of draft picks they could get for selling the pick for a QB.  This isn't a "play it to the draft" move, either we are close enough with the Giants that the Colts were told to move on our of professional courtesy,  or a move up isn't happening.

I've said before, but Beane's press conference yesterday feels like a concession now, the Jets just had better cards, offering the Colts the same (or a similar) player they could get at 3 while getting 3 2nd round picks.

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think if they got the 10 best gm’s in history to vote on that idea, it would be unanimously against that kind of panic move.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yah... Sell our soul for a kid who could positively suck... I like what NYJ did with Bridgewater... I think they're targeting Barkley.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I think if they got the 10 best gm’s in history to vote on that idea, it would be unanimously against that kind of panic move.

And I think if you took the 10 best GMs in the NFL right now, they'd be unanimous in voting for it

Speculation is fun!

:beer: