Incognito Restructures Contract to Stay with Bills - Accepted a Pay Cut

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Incognito Restructures Contract to Stay with Bills - Accepted a Pay Cut
19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Wow interesting. Richie raking one for the team. 

Guessing they priced him at market value and he agreed.  Why leave a good thing for you when you won't get a raise?

• Like (+1) 1

Good for Richie. Lots of respect for him wanting to stay here, especially considering what he was like earlier in his career (when he used Buffalo for 1 year and moved on asap). 

I just hope it doesn't mean this is definitely his last year in Buffalo... 

Edited by BillsFan4

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Good for Richie. Lots of respect for him wanting to stay here, especially considering what he was like earlier in his career (when he used Buffalo for 1 year and moved on asap). 

I just hope it doesn't mean this is definitely his last year in Buffalo... 

Ritchie will be 35 next year.  I guess 1 year at a time.

Linemen have a tough life and Ritchie is in good shape but you got to believe it very well may be his last year.

Does anyone else think this whole thing is a little strange?

RI takes a pay cut for exactly what reason?

I mean Clay is paid like a top 5 TE, he's good but not top 5 good, was he asked to take a pay cut?

Just seems weird to me.

55 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Wow interesting. Richie raking one for the team. 

The time value of money. A million today is worth more than two million down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Given that Richard just fired his agents, clearly he wasn't happy with this deal.  Why he didn't just tell the Bills to shove it, I don't know.  As others have said, he's by far the best lineman on the Bills, so why make this guy take a pay cut?  I wasn't a fan at all when the Bills signed him, but he's balled out and kept his nose clean.  The Bills should have done right by him.

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Given that Richard just fired his agents, clearly he wasn't happy with this deal.  Why he didn't just tell the Bills to shove it, I don't know.  As others have said, he's by far the best lineman on the Bills, so why make this guy take a pay cut?  I wasn't a fan at all when the Bills signed him, but he's balled out and kept his nose clean.  The Bills should have done right by him.

I think the bills did right by him and he was asked to return the favor 

On 3/21/2018 at 1:54 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why would he think suspension and not just “hey we will give you a little reward up front for you doing this pay cut”

51 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Or maybe it’s that he’s upset from something else they are representing him on

or maybe he felt good doing this and the agent pushed him not to 

Edited by NoSaint

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Why would he think suspension and not just “hey we will give you a little reward up front for you doing this pay cut”

Because it's Rodick.  You would think the decision on a suspension would have already been announced.

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

There not really "done right by him" anymore but I too can't grasp why the best lineman is the one asked to take a paycut.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not too crazy about asking RI to take a pay cut either. He already left money on the table to re-sign in Buffalo a couple years ago. 

And he is still our our best offensive lineman even if he is near the end of his career. 

In the end, i just hope it doesn't mean this is his last year in a Bills uniform. I'd really like to see him finish his career here at this point. Plus As of now we have absolutely nobody on the roster to even come close to replacing his play at LG (doesn't mean we can't find someone, but finding someone who plays at RI's level will be tough). 

28 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I'm not too crazy about asking RI to take a pay cut either. He already left money on the table to re-sign in Buffalo a couple years ago. 

And he is still our our best offensive lineman even if he is near the end of his career. 

In the end, i just hope it doesn't mean this is his last year in a Bills uniform. I'd really like to see him finish his career here at this point. Plus As of now we have absolutely nobody on the roster to even come close to replacing his play at LG (doesn't mean we can't find someone, but finding someone who plays at RI's level will be tough). 

He could have said no and tested his value on the open market. 

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Anyone considered that it might be because he's making this season his last?

Therefore not a lot of need for agents going forward.

Just a thought, or a possibility.

Would be kind of a jerk move to do that via twitter 

39 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Anyone considered that it might be because he's making this season his last?

Therefore not a lot of need for agents going forward.

Just a thought, or a possibility.

Really has nothing to do with it. He has to pay his agent through the end of contract whether he fires them or not. The way that he went about firing them was not normal.