Browns offered a 2nd and 3rd round pick for McCarron

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

TT is proven.........he improves your running game, your pass game if you have deep threats(which they do) and he doesn't turn the ball over......... and Hue can't survive another awful year...........not having to change coaching staffs/schemes with all they have invested in young talent during their tank jobs is of ENORMOUS importance.

McCarron is a mostly unknown guy with modest arm talent...........he is a much greater risk for Hue's coaching mortality.

McCarron had a higher BV than TT did.

11 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

yet when they could get him for free they choose TYROD .......just saying         cant keep slapping lipstick on this pig      we got worse 

They made a trade because after 0-16 what qb is freely going there?

3 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

keep those rose colored glasses on...... we at now the Buffalo Browns   you will see mid season get your pitch forks ready its going to get ugly quick... Jordan Mills will be exposed as the crappy Right tackle that he is because AJ BJ OR WHATEVER THIS QB calls himself will get sacked like no other.... 

Haha. Personally, I hope we draft a guy who can beat AJ out. 

30 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Hence, the factory of sadness.

It will be even sadder if AJ McCarron turns out to be a better Qb than Tyrod is.   Then Cleveland really will have screwed the pooch again.

They are so sad, you really have to wonder how they are going to use those high draft picks.    It's hard to imagine they could screw it up, but it is Cleveland.    Maybe whoever they pick with the first overall pick ends up busting.    Maybe pick 1 and 4 bust.  Thank god it's them and not us.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

McCarron had a higher BV than TT did.

Did he?

We were told by Tyrophobic TWS trolls last season that TT only came back because he had no options AT ALL............then the Bills had Cleveland, Denver and Arizona trying to trade for him this year when the Bills had almost no leverage left...........and the Browns then made it clear that they had tried to trade for him last season.

Not trying to make this a TT thread............but there are a lot of  TT haters and Sammy haters with fresh egg on their faces the past few days for their old takes on the value of those players around the league.

Had McCarron been available in trade and under contract a couple weeks ago perhaps he nets Cinci a pick.     But once the season was over all that teams could trade for was his negotiating rights.   And then he hit FA at a terrible time.......Denver, Arizona and Minnesota were looking for proven guys to lead teams they think are legit contenders.........so that left only the Bills and Jets looking for a starter........and both of them are aligned to draft a QB early.   Awful timing.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ

24 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

yet when they could get him for free they choose TYROD .......just saying         cant keep slapping lipstick on this pig      we got worse 

Totally agree. Keep in mind AJ could not beat out Andy Dalton in 3 years and we are excited????......Really.

54 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

Pretty interesting we ended up with McCarron for nothing and a high 3rd round from the browns, amazing job by Beane and company. I am wondering why Cleveland didn’t push harder for McCarron seeing that they we’re so high on him a couple months ago. 

Because TT won a play off berth & McCaron didn't ...

But i'm glad for how it worked out !! I just wonder what might happen if by some chance AJ turns out to be our Brady ? Then what ???

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Did he?

We were told by Tyrophobic TWS trolls last season that TT only came back because he had no options AT ALL............then the Bills had Cleveland, Denver and Arizona trying to trade for him this year when the Bills had almost no leverage left...........and the Browns then made it clear that they had tried to trade for him last season.

Not trying to make this a TT thread............but there are a lot of  TT haters and Sammy haters with fresh egg on their faces the past few days for their old takes on the value of those players and the league.

Had McCarron been available in trade and under contract a couple weeks ago perhaps he nets Cinci a pick.     But once the season was over all that teams could trade for was his negotiating rights.   And then he hit FA at a terrible time.......Denver, Arizona and Minnesota were looking for proven guys to lead teams they think are legit contenders.........so that left only the Bills and Jets looking for a starter........and both of them are aligned to draft a QB early.   Awful timing.  

He did.  AJM had a 53 and TT had a 50.

And value is a relative thing.  You've heard the saying "one man's trash..."?  All it takes is one man/team to think a player is worth something.  The hard part is living up to the contract.

2 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

Totally agree. Keep in mind AJ could not beat out Andy Dalton in 3 years and we are excited????......Really.

Do you really think AJM ever had a chance to compete fairly against AD?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

And value is a relative thing.  You've heard the saying "one man's trash..."?  All it takes is one man/team to think a player is worth something.  The hard part is living up to the contract.

I assumed you meant "book value".........no idea what the BV you are talking about it.

The problem with the "one man's" take is that SEVERAL teams were lined up to trade for and then pay TT $10M per..........AJM.........as far as we know only one team had any interest in him(Cleveland).

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I assumed you meant "book value".........no idea what the BV you are talking about it.

The problem with the "one man's" take is that SEVERAL teams were lined up to trade for and then pay TT $10M per..........AJM.........as far as we know only one team had any interest in him(Cleveland).

Ball velocity.  And true there were several teams willing to trade for TT.  That's because he's actually played and won some games.  But no one considers him more than a bridge QB. 

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do you really think AJM ever had a chance to compete fairly against AD?

Trust me if he had played better he would have gotten the job. AD has been taking heat the last few years.

The best thing about AJ so far is that Belichick was interested. 

He does have an upside lets see how much.

16 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

People here in Cincinnati know this, but perhaps Bills fans don’t. Mike Brown, who makes every player/personnel decision for the Bengals, is incredibly change averse. He kept Marvin Lewis even after two terrible seasons. He keeps resigning middling players like Russel Bodine because, and I (almost) quote, “we know what we have.” He refuses to upgrade at the QB position because he knows and likes Andy Dalton. People here in Cincinnati have been screaming that AJ should be given a shot to win the job. Based on training camp and preseason he has won the job the past two years. The Bengals, not the Brown or Jets, are currently the worst-run franchise in the NFL. Their personnel decisions should not enter into your assessment of a player. I watch the Bengals almost as much as I watch the Bills. I would rather have AJ than Dalton.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

Trust me if he had played better he would have gotten the job. AD has been taking heat the last few years.

The best thing about AJ so far is that Belichick was interested. 

He does have an upside lets see how much.

The Bengals made the playoffs the first 5 seasons (2011-2015) of AD's career.  He received a huge extension prior to the 2014 season.  Suffice it to say that AJM wasn't going to be given a fair shot with the money they had tied-up in AD. 

But I'm not saying AJM will be anything more than a backup QB.  If he proves to be a good starter, it's gravy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Cincy did take the trade,but the browns didn’t get the paperwork filed in time so the trade was voided

I think they actually sent the paperwork to Cincinnati instead of to the NFL, and then they blamed Cincy when the trade fell through. 

I guess Jimmy Haslam's wife (Dee?) ripped them a new one. Can't blame her. Not knowing you are supposed to send the paperwork to the NFL and not the team you are trading with is a pretty big rookie error and made them look incompetent. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bengals made the playoffs the first 5 seasons (2011-2015) of AD's career.  He received a huge extension prior to the 2014 season.  Suffice it to say that AJM wasn't going to be given a fair shot with the money they had tied-up in AD. 

But I'm not saying AJM will be anything more than a backup QB.  If he proves to be a good starter, it's gravy.

This.

He could be very good or awful or average or... How can anyone know for sure? When you're #2 for years behind a solidly entrenched starter that doesn't get injured... good luck showing what you got. There has been some great stories of these QB shining when they finally had the chance. And many journeymen and failures too. TT was a special one... average overall but great in some aspects and bad in others. 

Hopefully the Bills brass know what they got here as let's face it, few really know.  One thing is for sure, they HAD to get him with TT gone and so many other free agents QBs already taken. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Football said:

Pretty interesting we ended up with McCarron for nothing and a high 3rd round from the browns, amazing job by Beane and company. I am wondering why Cleveland didn’t push harder for McCarron seeing that they we’re so high on him a couple months ago. 

Cuz Bengals and Browns in the same division.

1 hour ago, VADC Bills said:

Andy Dalton isn't a great QB. He took several teams to the playoffs and looked like he ran an NFL level passing attack. Better than what's been in BUF lately. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Did he?

Not trying to make this a TT thread............but there are a lot of  TT haters and Sammy haters with fresh egg on their faces the past few days for their old takes on the value of those players around the league.

We shall see if the Tyrod and Watkins moves are good or not. I wish both all the success unless it is at a cost to the Bills.