Browns offered a 2nd and 3rd round pick for McCarron

Pretty interesting we ended up with McCarron for nothing and a high 3rd round from the browns, amazing job by Beane and company. I am wondering why Cleveland didn’t push harder for McCarron seeing that they we’re so high on him a couple months ago. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Football said:

Pretty interesting we ended up with McCarron for nothing and a high 3rd round from the browns, amazing job by Beane and company. I am wondering why Cleveland didn’t push harder for McCarron seeing that they we’re so high on him a couple months ago. 

For eons stories have been told. Prophecies made of the Chosen One. The one to change both the culture and the fortunes of the Buffalo Bills. Generation after generation we have waited. At times hope seemed lost. 

After decades...the Chosen One has arrived. 

9 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The trade was agreed to, the Browns botched it by not sending the fax in time.  It's been covered extensively.

Yeah, that was a stupid trade offer by a stupid team.  It would be like trading a 1st round pick for a career backup after they played good for a game (RJ).

Just now, Doc Brown said:

There were rumors that Hue Jackson and some of his assistants thought the GM at the time purposely botched the trade.  Talk about a dysfunctional franchise.  They've got a solid GM in there now though.

How solid is he?  He got handed a ton of draft picks and I think the Tyrod trade is terrible for them.  Complete overpay for a guy we didn't want. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How solid is he?  He got handed a ton of draft picks and I think the Tyrod trade is terrible for them.  Complete overpay for a guy we didn't want. 

I agree he gave up too much for Tyrod, but maybe he'll be proven right over time.  He served well as the GM of the Chiefs.  He's been aggressive in free agency.  Only time well tell.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

yet when they could get him for free they choose TYROD .......just saying         cant keep slapping lipstick on this pig      we got worse 

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that was a stupid trade offer by a stupid team.  It would be like trading a 1st round pick for a career backup after they played good for a game (RJ).

When you're the worst team in the NFL, sometimes you have to overpay. We over payed players to come here (Mario, Clay). Plus they still have alot of picks in the first 2 rounds. A 3rd for Tyrod really isn't that bad when it instantly makes your team better. Not saying Tyrod is great by any means, just that it makes the Browns better

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

When you're the worst team in the NFL, sometimes you have to overpay. We over payed players to come here (Mario, Clay). Plus they still have alot of picks in the first 2 rounds. A 3rd for Tyrod really isn't that bad when it instantly makes your team better. Not saying Tyrod is great by any means, just that it makes the Browns better

Hey, it worked out for us.  But it sounds like they panicked.  I really think Tyrod could be had for less than a 4th, especially if they waited until closer to the deadline where money kicked in for Tyrod.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey, it worked out for us.  But it sounds like they panicked.  I really think Tyrod could be had for less than a 4th, especially if they waited until closer to the deadline where money kicked in for Tyrod.  

keep those rose colored glasses on...... we at now the Buffalo Browns   you will see mid season get your pitch forks ready its going to get ugly quick... Jordan Mills will be exposed as the crappy Right tackle that he is because AJ BJ OR WHATEVER THIS QB calls himself will get sacked like no other.... 

TT is proven.........he improves your running game, your pass game if you have deep threats(which they do) and he doesn't turn the ball over......... and Hue can't survive another awful year...........not having to change coaching staffs/schemes with all they have invested in young talent during their tank jobs is of ENORMOUS importance.

McCarron is a mostly unknown guy with modest arm talent...........he is a much greater risk for Hue's coaching mortality. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1