Contingency Plan

Buffalo moves up to 12 (presumably for a QB). If it fails, then whats the plan?

Personally, I think that LB at 12 and the leftovers from the QB run at 22 is their plan. Tremaine Edmunds at 12. Rudolph or Jackson at 22. I tend to think there HAS to be a contingency. And with needs in other places, it makes sense to me that they would feel ok if the draft shakes out this way. 

Any thoughts on it fellas?

Edited by BuffAlone

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Personally, I think that LB at 12 and the leftovers from the QB run at 22 is their plan. Tremaine Edmunds at 12. Rudolph or Jackson at 22. I tend to think there HAS to be a contingency. And with needs in other places, it makes sence to me that they would feel ok if the draft shakes out this way. 

They are going up. They know the cost and are willing to pay it. It may be to 2, 3 or 4 but no later. 

I was thinking similarly. What will they do if they can’t move into the top 5 to get their guy. But something tells me they will not be denied. They have the ammo to move up to any spot and are going to make that jump no matter what the cost 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

They are going up. They know the cost and are willing to pay it. It may be to 2, 3 or 4 but no later. 

I agree. But strange things happen during the draft.  I know what the "apparent" plan is, but I gotta believe they are comfortable AND prepared for business outside their control

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

They aren't staying at 12...

Yeah, I dont see it either. BUT, if it falls through at the last minute, do you think there is a plan? Or are they just poking and hoping?

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

The fear here is palpable as evidenced by these types of threads.

Worrying about the Bills not getting a QB doesn't make anything better.  

Lol.its not a worry. Just a question

Just now, MJS said:

Without knowing the Bill's plan we are supposed to guess at what they may do if they fail at the plan we don't know?

I think there's no point.

Its as much speculation as any other QB retread post. Just trying to see if anyone else thinks that McBeane are as prepared for anything as I do. Thanks for contributing

7 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Personally, I think that LB at 12 and the leftovers from the QB run at 22 is their plan. Tremaine Edmunds at 12. Rudolph or Jackson at 22. I tend to think there HAS to be a contingency. And with needs in other places, it makes sense to me that they would feel ok if the draft shakes out this way. 

That crossed my mind.  They may want to move up a few spots and try to get Roquan Smith.  They brought Star in to make it easier for the middle linebacker.  As of now we don't have a quality MLB.

The Rams and Eagles had their deals done to move up well before the draft.  I really hope they don't push this thing out to draft night, too much can go wrong.  The Browns take QB at one, the Giants decide to take an Eli heir afterall, the Dolphins or Jets offer a higher pick this year and two future 1sts to get to 3 or 4 and take a QB and the Broncos take one at 5.  All the well placed intentions in the world don't matter when you've got 32 clubs acting independently in their own best interests.

8 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

This is flawed thinking.  If they weren’t certain that they couldn’t move up and get a QB they wanted, they never would make made the move to #12.   They won’t stay there and take a LB.  Not gonna happen

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Its as much speculation as any other QB retread post. Just trying to see if anyone else thinks that McBeane are as prepared for anything as I do. Thanks for contributing

Yeah, I'm just a little sick of all the guesses based on guesses based on guesses. People just need to accept that we don't know what is going to happen.

The off-season is so long...