DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

1 minute ago, Mikie's Bills said:

but McBeane seems to be prioritizing their familiarity with former players (Tolbert/ Benjamin/ Star) over possibly more talented options out there (or even ones that were already on the roster when they took over in some cases).

The worst myth

1 minute ago, Mikie's Bills said:

He's an average player that fills a need, hope they didn't overpay.

People like to complain about Whaley but he brought in talent (whether or not the coaching staff could utilize it was another story), but McBeane seems to be prioritizing their familiarity with former players (Tolbert/ Benjamin/ Star) over possibly more talented options out there (or even ones that were already on the roster when they took over in some cases).

Will be interesting to see how it turns out. What they do with the QB position (as with most regimes) will determine their fate.

That seems to be the theme around here. 

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

The worst myth

Guess he forgot about Whaley bringing in bum ex Jets like IK and Leonhard.

The Tolbert signing was inexcusable but I haven't seen a good arguement as to why Star and KB can't be pieces on a winning team.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Unfortunately he gives 0 pass rush but also terrible against the run so I don't really care for this but he comes at a position of need, hopefully he gets better at anything?

What is this based off of?

Spotrac.com, which uses a comparison formula to other similar players across the league based on position, performance and age, has calculated the offseason market value of Lotulelei as follows: Four years, $24.15 million for an average annual salary of $6.037 million

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

What is this based off of?

I looked everywhere to find out if he's at least good against the run since he offers very little to get excited about puss rush-wise (4 sacks was his highest total so far). he averages 25 tackles a season, how is that "run stuffing"? and PFF ranks him as a 46.9........... https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season 

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Spotrac.com, which uses a comparison formula to other similar players across the league based on position, performance and age, has calculated the offseason market value of Lotulelei as follows: Four years, $24.15 million for an average annual salary of $6.037 million

Spotrac had Watkins at 6M AAV. These early signings are all player friendly with Albert Wilson being the exception. Anything under 9million AAV and it's champagne glasses and some toast for the Brits.

Just now, Commonsense said:

Spotrac had Watkins at 6M AAV. These early signings are all player friendly with Albert Wilson being the exception. Anything under 9million AAV and it's champagne glasses and some toast for the Brits.

.....LMAO....not even in the right zip code.....maybe they thought 48 mil was for EIGHT years....SMH.........

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Guess he forgot about Whaley bringing in bum ex Jets like IK and Leonhard.

The Tolbert signing was inexcusable but I haven't seen a good arguement as to why Star and KB can't be pieces on a winning team.

You're kinda making my point for me though.

Whaley came from Pittsburgh, not the Jets. Rex had too much pull in player personnel decisions while he was here, bringing in his below average former players. Took the 4th best defense and flushed it down the drain. 

Don't even get me started on the wasted draft picks used on 3-4 players trying to fit Rex's scheme when we were the perfect 4-3 defense. 

If Whaley was the one that wanted to hire Rex I'd give him more of the blame, but by all accounts he was the owner's hire.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I looked everywhere to find out if he's at least good against the run since he offers very little to get excited about puss rush-wise (4 sacks was his highest total so far). he averages 25 tackles a season, how is that "run stuffing"? and PFF ranks him as a 46.9........... https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-defensive-front-sevens-this-season 

When you eat up blockers it's usually the linebackers who get the ball carrier.  Stuffing the run for a DT is a lot more about holding the point of attack and freeing up your linebackers to make tackles then actually making tackles yourself.  It looks like to me people are pulling a stat from PFF and using that as the only determination of how good Lotulelei is.  For me, Beane and McDermotte have my full faith and if they think Lotulelei is what they need, then I am all for it.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Oh so you haven’t watched him.

Just now, Mikie's Bills said:

You're kinda making my point for me though.

Whaley came from Pittsburgh, not the Jets. Rex had too much pull in player personnel decisions while he was here, bringing in his below average former players. Took the 4th best defense and flushed it down the drain. 

Don't even get me started on the wasted draft picks used on 3-4 players trying to fit Rex's scheme when we were the perfect 4-3 defense. 

If Whaley was the one that wanted to hire Rex I'd give him more of the blame, but by all accounts he was the owner's hire.

If you can't see that hat the new coach and GM are light years ahead of BOTH the old coach and GM then I can't help you.

forward thinking

team building

culture

cap implications

Hope like heck these guys pick the right QB because they can function as a pair.

• Like (+1) 1