Mayfield and Rosen are out for Buffalo!

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

This,  Sandy Koufax was a real Jew ! 

Op sounds ridiculous. 

Could the Dodgers be surprise suitors for Rosen?  They throw money around and make a lot of headlines.  He is already in LA.  Koufax and Greene clearly show the Jew connection.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Could the Dodgers be surprise suitors for Rosen?  They throw money around and make a lot of headlines.  He is already in LA.  Koufax and Greene clearly show the Jew connection.

Shawn Green was a mighty Jew for sure.   Who knows.    

2 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Its just called next level thinking.  Rosen being a devout Jew is only one aspect of it. Him possibly being devisive due to othe reasons and not being the most coachable are also in there. Apparently that doesn't hold any weight either.  Or the fact Beane won't take Mayfield because of his size.  Care to put some kind of wager on us not taking either one of them?  You seem awfully pompous. 

There could be a case to me made about the religious beliefs causing tension, but do you really think that is in beanes thought process? The guy is trying his ass off to get us a franchise qb. I dont think he cares

1 hour ago, eball said:

While this is a silly thread, it's at least interesting you brought up the religion angle.  I think those who are deeply religious tend to respect others who are deeply religious, no matter the religion.  I think McD's Bills would be much more likely to shy away from a vocal atheist.

And besides, you don't think Rosen is used to all of the "thanking God" that goes on in locker rooms and on the field by now?

I agree with the thought that if you are devout - you tend to respect others of faith even if it is a different faith.

I am pretty sure also if they are thanking God - the God is the same between the 2 faiths - Jesus is the difference - so as long as they are not all out there praising Jesus non stop - I think they can work this out.

3 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Now onto Rosen: I'll catch heat for this but our coach is a devout Christian.  He makes sure to thank god in all of his post game speeches and preaches about how he is a man of faith.  Rosen is a devout Jew, going as far as saying he chose UCLA because its heavy population jewish people. Rosen said he wanted to give kids of Jewish faith someone to look up to in the sports arena since there weren't many Jewish sports stars.  

Yeah I'm shutting this down. 

What a stupid thing to say. Opinion or not. 

• Like (+1) 1