Does Chenelly still have it? We are trageting Keenum

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, he mostly tweets about politics but once in awhile drops a Bills nugget and when he does it is worth some attention. 

Even if Keenum signs elsewhere, I have no problem believing that as of today, he is our top target. Chenelly doesnt BS, he has no reason to.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dalton said:

If Keenum expects Buffalo to draft a QB, would he come here (or any where).

I suspect he wants to be the guy and be paid like one.  If no team offers that, then him accepting a well paid bridge deal makes sense.

I dont think anyone looking to sign Keenum is doing so to make him "the guy". He'll be a bridge no matter where he signs.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I would be ok with Keenum as long as Daboll takes a long look at how Shurmer used him last year to be successful.

Also bringing him in makes us look way less desperate for a trade up so teams can't gouge us as much. He's ok, but not spectacular enough to keep the rookie on the bench for 16 games imo.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Even if Keenum signs elsewhere, I have no problem believing that as of today, he is our top target. Chenelly doesnt BS, he has no reason to.

I can think of a reason he’d BS. 

Is Terry really telling him their intentions and then saying, go ahead and plaster over social. No sweat... 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bradford on a 1 year $8m deal with incentives, or Keenum in a 2 year deal similar to Tyrods last year.  First one to sign.  

I would love to get Bradford.  If he stays healthy, he's the best FA QB IMO (excluding perhaps Cousins).  If he gets injured a few games into the year, then our rookie QB (Mayfield!!?) comes in after learning from Bradford.  Bradford is still around to help the rookie.  If Bradford stays healthy all year, our rookie QB has a year of learning, and we likely make a nice playoff run.  

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Tyrod>Keenum.

Please trade up for a QB. McBeane will seal their fate if they don't. 

I see us getting a FA QB and trading up.  Looks like the best plan to me.  

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I can think of a reason he’d BS. 

Is Terry really telling him their intentions and then saying, go ahead and plaster over social. No sweat... 

Maybe, but that's never been the case before when we hear from Chenelly in the offseason. It's always been accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I see us getting a FA QB and trading up.  Looks like the best plan to me.  

Other than Cousins, I can't see any qb coming in as a presumed long-term answer (and I am tepid on Cousins and he isn't coming here in any event.)  Personally, I like McCarron as a bridge guy, but Keenum is acceptable.  I don't think he is likely to break in a game or two like poor Sam Bradford.  Like you, I highly doubt any of these fellas preclude trading up for a top QB prospect.  Trading Tyrod pretty much meant there was some plan to bring in a vet.  I'd be surprised and disappointed if we don't also make a move for a top qb in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe, but that's never been the case before when we hear from Chenelly in the offseason. It's always been accurate.

Chenelly has hit on much of his "shared information"   .

There has some he hasn't hit on, but remember these situations are always fluid.

Either way, he always seems to have integrity and appreciate that he takes the time share.