Flight Tracker SZN!

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

People are going to be severely disappointed if they think the Bills will be signing big name FA.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-can-we-expect-from-the-Bills-in-free-agency/23741dac-c3cf-4fc7-ad8f-77b92ad2bca9

"Knowing their cap space isn’t ideal does this mean that spending free agent dollars on a quarterback, where the price can be steep, is off the table?

Beane said no.

Two minutes straight and he didn't check his phone. @AdamSchefter breaks down the quarterback landscape in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/QvMkj13Nyq

— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) March 1, 2018

“We definitely have to consider that market and there are more guys out there than you normally see at the quarterback in free agency for various reasons,” Beane said. “Some due to injury, some due to multiple guys under contract. We will do our due diligence there.

“To make a move like that you have to know that it’s a better player than the two we have on our team, which would be Tyrod (Taylor) and Nathan (Peterman). Both those guys bring a lot of value to our team, so we have to take all those factors into consideration.

“You have to weigh what is the cost? What it does to your cap? What other moves you can do around it.”

I guess now they're weighing if it's a better player than Nate Peterman.  Kind of a low bar.  Hope whoever we take doesn't trip over the (bar)stool.

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Youre probably right. I just dont know. Beane has done things i never expected:  trading sammy, dareus, trading for Benjamin, etc. 

Different situation when a player reaches UFA with better situations for Cousins as discussed many times here on TSW. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/What-can-we-expect-from-the-Bills-in-free-agency/23741dac-c3cf-4fc7-ad8f-77b92ad2bca9

"Knowing their cap space isn’t ideal does this mean that spending free agent dollars on a quarterback, where the price can be steep, is off the table?

Beane said no.

Two minutes straight and he didn't check his phone. @AdamSchefter breaks down the quarterback landscape in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/QvMkj13Nyq

— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) March 1, 2018

“We definitely have to consider that market and there are more guys out there than you normally see at the quarterback in free agency for various reasons,” Beane said. “Some due to injury, some due to multiple guys under contract. We will do our due diligence there.

“To make a move like that you have to know that it’s a better player than the two we have on our team, which would be Tyrod (Taylor) and Nathan (Peterman). Both those guys bring a lot of value to our team, so we have to take all those factors into consideration.

“You have to weigh what is the cost? What it does to your cap? What other moves you can do around it.”

I guess now they're weighing if it's a better player than Nate Peterman.  Kind of a low bar.  Hope whoever we take doesn't trip over the (bar)stool.

That's fine if you think Cousins or Brees is coming here.  Just don't be disappointed when they don't.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Different situation when a player reaches UFA with better situations for Cousins as discussed many times here on TSW. 

A lot of things are discussed many times on this board. Doesnt make them right. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Who's in Wichita that they visited 2 weeks ago?

The Shockers. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He said they will build through the draft and won’t be “splashy” in FA. Believe nothing.he had McD have also said they view FA as just as important as the draft while building  a team.

Outside of Buffalo was Hyde considered a "flashy" signing? In retrospect all jumped on board.  I expect they do the same with whoever is their #1 target this time around.  Lay all their cards on the table and make it clear that he (whoever he is) is their guy. So, for those saying the team will wait things out, I beg to differ.  If they see their guy they will go get him.

26 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

People are going to be severely disappointed if they think the Bills will be signing big name FA.

I think the people who will be disappointed will be the people who think the Bills will trade into the top 5.   I don't see that happening.   

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I wouldnt belive a single word from anyone in the Bills org at this time. 

I get that Beane has, in the past, commented on bldg the team through the draft. But the QB position is another animal in my opinion. You have zero guarantees you’ll get your guy on draft day. You dont have that kind of unilateral control. FA has to be plan A. And the draft has to be plan B. 

When the option is "sign a big FA QB" vs trade up for a top guy in the draft, it's actually not inconsistent with what Beane has said - if you keep more of your draft picks because you signed 1 FA vs trading picks for a QB, you can build more of the team through the draft.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I asked them where they were heading. They said that they were going to Baylen Brees’ spelling bee. I’ll keep you posted...

Just got the spelling bee update: The kid lasted until the 5th round where he was ousted by the word "Interesting" - he didn't capitalize the N.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

That's fine if you think Cousins or Brees is coming here.  Just don't be disappointed when they don't.

Brees?  Hahahahahaha no.

Cousins, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills make a play for him, but from the Cousins POV I would expect him to turn them down.

Keenum or Foles (not FA), maybe

Bradford or Bridgewater, Please No.  Please No.

TBH, I don't have a clue what McBeane will do.  I didn't think they'd trade Dareus mid-season, and I didn't think they'd trade TT until they had someone else on the roster.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

21 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

That's the HQ for the company that owns the plane.  Probably maintenance.  They have been using 961 instead.

You're correct.

Just got word from a friend that the other plane was at the OSU and OU pro days last week.   Check that,  no activity on the other plane, either

Fwiw Bradford is in OKC

Edited by GG
Update