Smokescreen?

I've seen talk of us moving to picks 2,3,4,7,8, 9,10, 17 and 23 along with staying put at 21 and 22.

Does anyone else see this as a smokescreen with us actually targeting 1, 5,6,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,20 or trading backer lower than 23?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

I think we'll get a good idea in the next few days, when we see what kind of QB we sign.  If we sign McCarron or better, then I bet we stay put.  Who knows.  There are no leaks.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I think we'll get a good idea in the next few days, when we see what kind of QB we sign.  If we sign McCarron or better, then I bet we stay put.  Who knows.  There are no leaks.

I like McCarron for that very reason. He's last year's Mike Glennon. If we sign Josh McCown or Matt Moore (or nobody) - the league's going to know we're all in on one of the top guys in the Draft. 

But with McCarron, there's legitimate reason to believe he might be the guy (like people thought with Glennon). But I don't think signing him precludes us from moving up.

And if our trading partners think it's possible we could back away from the table at any point, it makes negotiations easier. If they know we absolutely HAVE to get Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield/Allen - it puts us at a disadvantage.

13 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I've seen talk of us moving to picks 2,3,4,7,8, 9,10, 17 and 23 along with staying put at 21 and 22.

Does anyone else see this as a smokescreen with us actually targeting 1, 5,6,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,20 or trading backer lower than 23?

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

• Haha (+1) 1