Buffalo Fanatics says Bills & Jets preparing offer for Brees - Vikings & others have called

Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer 36s36 seconds ago
Another logistically relevant factor on Brees: He has $6M in dead money in 2018, '19, '20 on expiring deal. If he's unsigned Wednesday, it accelerates and the $6M currently on Saints' cap for '18 becomes $18M. Saints set to have about $30M in cap space. This would eat $12M of it.

16 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not sure who believes it, but just in case...

Buffalo Fanatics @BuffFanatics

It’s believed the #Bills and #Jets will be going after QB Drew Brees. Brees wants to stay in New Orleans though. Thoughts?

Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago
Saints QB Drew Brees' agent can negotiate with teams in 25 minutes. This is always the way he/Tom Condon have done business. Played out his first 2 deals, forced Chargers and Saints to tag him. Played out third deal, picked up a no-tag provision along the way. He's got leverage.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:
Michael David SmithVerified account @MichaelDavSmith
FollowFollow @MichaelDavSmith
Every team with a need at quarterback should be calling Drew Brees's agent right now. Brees is probably staying in New Orleans, but it'd be crazy not to at least reach out and see whether he'd listen to other offers.

Beane: Hello Tom, it's Brandon Beane

Condon:   :lol: Click

Beane: Hello....Hello!.... Aw  :censored:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Jets could offer twice what we could.  Assuming Brees would even be interested.

If his sole interesr is more money, which i doubt it is, then they would get him.

I think given the choice and taking out money, the Bills would be over the Jets. Coach not on the hot seat, playoff team that was better QB play away from being a serious contender.

But in all seriousness, I don't think he leaves NO. I don't think there is a huge rush to resign him cause he is going to re-sign. Might even be holding off to allow the. To make some moves and work out a deal with what they have left to spend.

If he does explore other options  I'd assume it's a short term deal to Denver or Minny to get one last SB shot or retirement

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

If his sole interesr is more money, which i doubt it is, then they would get him.

I think given the choice and taking out money, the Bills would be over the Jets. Coach not on the hot seat, playoff team that was better QB play away from being a serious contender.

But in all seriousness, I don't think he leaves NO. I don't think there is a huge rush to resign him cause he is going to re-sign. Might even be holding off to allow the. To make some moves and work out a deal with what they have left to spend.

If he does explore other options  I'd assume it's a short term deal to Denver or Minny to get one last SB shot or retirement

Let's be a bit more honest...........the Bills WERE NOT A SERIOUS CONTENDER even with better QB play.

They got into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.    Defense was extremely vulnerable against a good offense and on offense their receiving target situation was ghastly.    They got in because of playing not to lose and turnover differential.   Drew Brees went 7-9 for the 3 seasons prior to last and part of that was the fact that the Saints played his style of aggressive football and the defense wasn't capable of supporting that.

That doesn't pertain to this season.........they *COULD* load up on defense and at WR in FA.........but not sure how they'd do that after paying Brees.    You can't count on the rookie class providing much help.   Hope but not count on.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Let's be a bit more honest...........the Bills WERE NOT A SERIOUS CONTENDER.    They got into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.    Defense was extremely vulnerable against a good offense and on offense their receiving target situation was ghastly.    They got in because of playing not to lose.   Drew Brees went 7-9 for the 3 seasons prior to last and part of that was the fact that the Saints played his style of aggressive football and the defense wasn't capable of supporting that.

That doesn't pertain to this season.........they *COULD* load up on defense and at WR in FA.........but not sure how they'd do that after paying Brees.    You can't count on the rookie class providing much help.   Hope but not count on.

with 4 picks in first 2 rounds the rookie class better help

19 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

If Brees isn't prioritizing money, he'd sign with the Saints. If Brees is prioritizing money, he'd sign with the Jets probably. There's no scenario where Buffalo is the best choice.

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

with 4 picks in first 2 rounds the rookie class better help

LOL that's what we were saying with Shaq and Ragnuts..........didn't have the cap room to fill needs so thought they'd do it on draft day.

Free agency is where you should fill needs. 

If you start trying to force needs into spots where they don't align well with BPA.........that's how you get "off the bus starters" like Shaq and Ragnuts.........who were anything but.

Brees will most likely stay in NO.  The Saints offer the most upside of returning to the SB vs the Bills or Jets in the near term.  

Edited by Happy Gilmore

Just now, nucci said:

Vikings?

I was going on the assumption of three teams - Saints, Bills, or Jets.  Yes, the Vikings would be a good possibility of getting to the SB in 2019.