Moving to #4

42Knuck

The deal for Taylor was a great deal, but it's not over yet, and here's why. 

The Bills and Browns will announce a trade for the #4 come draft day.  This deal was already made.  The Bills will give up Taylor, picks 21 and 22, plus the third round pick they already had.  In exchange, they get the #4 overall, plus #65, and pick up $10M in Cap space.  This is a win for both teams. 

Bills will have 4 picks in the top 65.  Get to take a top QB in the draft.  Have cap space to go get a decent veteran QB, while still getting maybe 3 more quality vets  in FA. That leaves them able to get as many as 6 more quality players to fill gaps in both lines, LB and DB. Plus they can use their late round picks to get some developmental players at RB and DL.  

The Browns can get their future QB at #1, with this deal they get two more first round picks to go after more talent, which they desperately need.  Plus they get a good QB is Taylor to help mentor the new guys. 

So let it be written, so let it be done.  :o

So were trading TT, 21, 22, 96 for 4 and 65?  I don’t think that’s nearly enough o get to 4.  I could see that happening if the browns didn’t have to give up 65.  Hope you’re right though.

11 minutes ago, 42Knuck said:

The deal for Taylor was a great deal, but it's not over yet, and here's why. 

The Bills and Browns will announce a trade for the #4 come draft day.  This deal was already made.  The Bills will give up Taylor, picks 21 and 22, plus the third round pick they already had.  In exchange, they get the #4 overall, plus #65, and pick up $10M in Cap space.  This is a win for both teams. 

Bills will have 4 picks in the top 65.  Get to take a top QB in the draft.  Have cap space to go get a decent veteran QB, while still getting maybe 3 more quality vets  in FA. That leaves them able to get as many as 6 more quality players to fill gaps in both lines, LB and DB. Plus they can use their late round picks to get some developmental players at RB and DL.  

The Browns can get their future QB at #1, with this deal they get two more first round picks to go after more talent, which they desperately need.  Plus they get a good QB is Taylor to help mentor the new guys. 

So let it be written, so let it be done.  :o

Then why wasn't it announced?

I think our realistic trade partners are the Giants (Panthers relationship, but may be too expensive) / Colts / Broncos (if they get Cousins) and then picks 7-10.  I fully expect the Browns to use one pick on QB and the other on someone like Barkley / Chubb / Fitzpatrick.

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So were trading TT, 21, 22, 96 for 4 and 65?  I don’t think that’s nearly enough o get to 4.  I could see that happening if the browns didn’t have to give up 65.  Hope you’re right though.

Just last year Dorsey himself gave up one extra 1st in the following year to move up 17 spots ...with the Bills. So now the Bills want to move up 17 spots ... with Dorsey on other end this time and ... we have to give up a starting QB, a pick in the this year’s 1st rd and a 3rd? I think that scenario is fair if we get to keep 65.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 42Knuck said:

It's an opinion dude. Roll with it!  This is a fun off season, time for speculation, and good feelings.    

Nothing in your post seems like an opinion. Sorry if I interpreted it incorrectly

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Nothing in your post seems like an opinion. Sorry if I interpreted it incorrectly

No worries.  I did purposely write it to sound like someone who knows something, very convincing, no?  Why not, seems to be the way to write on this board! :lol:

Just now, 42Knuck said:

No worries.  I did purposely write it to sound like someone who knows something, very convincing, no?  Why not, seems to be the way to write on this board! :lol:

That's not the best way to gain credibility as a new poster on a forum

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why would they make half of a trade official?

I dunno, maybe so they could move TT over now so he can start getting acclimated, and the Bills don't want others to know what their planning yet?  Strategery. 

Just now, kdiggz said:

That's not the best way to gain credibility as a new poster on a forum

Darn, didn't know that was important. 

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

I hope you’re right.

It would mean we are taking Mayfield.

Cleveland takes Darnold and Giants taking Rosen.

Right.  Good scenario.  

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just last year Dorsey himself gave up one extra 1st in the following year to move up 17 spots ...with the Bills. So now the Bills want to move up 17 spots ... with Dorsey on other end this time and ... we have to give up a starting QB, a pick in the this year’s 1st rd and a 3rd? I think that scenario is fair if we get to keep 65.

Problem with that is the number of pick being  moved up to,  it how many spots moving up.  The value of #4 is exponentially higher than that of 10.  I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, but I still think we’ll have to give up slightly more, maybe a 3rd next year.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was last year.  There will be more demand for that #4 pick (especially if Rosen and Mayfield are still on the board).  It would be stupid of the Browns to make a deal now and not wait until draft day to field the best offer.  The Bills will likely have to give up more than the OP proposed to move to #4.

Just now, NewEra said:

Problem with that is the number of pick being  moved up to,  it how many spots moving up.  The value of #4 is exponentially higher than that of 10.  I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility, but I still think we’ll have to give up slightly more, maybe a 3rd next year.

We also moved down further last year, to 27. I know there is a chart, but I don’t use it :)

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My head is spinning 

• Haha (+1) 1