Report: Cousins to Vikings 27 Million per

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No it doesn't . Do they pay the cost to move up to have a player sit though?  Or are they in win now mode and take a player that helps more immediately? All speculation at this point. 

This^^^ if we trade up for Josh Rosen he is under center from Day 1 not to sit for a year or two.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

This^^^ if we trade up for Josh Rosen he is under center from Day 1 not to sit for a year or two.

He was talking about denver. Denver could sign keenum but that wouldnt rule out them taking a qb in the first at all. 

Rosen would start day one if we get him

1 hour ago, PaulieYayo said:

I would not be surprised especially if the state income tax situation is as favorable as has been reported for him to go to Minnesota.  If Cousins is truly counting in terms of after tax money then teams such as ourselves would have to go considerably passed 27M to garner the same effect.  Yay New York taxes!

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It seems rather obvious to me given what kind of QB he is and where MIN is as a team.   Great match for player and team. 

I definitely agree.

I've said this for a while to a couple of my buddies (bills, giants, and jets fans).

I said that it would come down to Denver, NYJ, or Minnesota as the favorites, and if Minny could get the $$ available, that cousins might take less than expected to go there.

They have a stout defense, solid receivers, a good offensive line, and a strong running game.

The only negative I saw with Minny for him was that he would be expected SuperBowl in year 1, and anything less would be considered a failure.

I figured NYJ was out because they weren't a complete/good enough team for him to go to, and that Denver was good, but aging, so he had a smaller window.

Minnesota seems to have a solid fanbase, a decent coach, and a very strong, not too old roster, which he could work with.

I honestly hope he does well there, I like the guy.

If McBean is as smart as we think he is I'd be surprised if we haven't had substantive talks with Clev, NYG and Indy by now... I gotta believe that Clev drafts a QB at #1... Assuming the report about Cousins to Minn is accurate, I think Denver goes after Keenum and it basically is a race between the Jets and the Bills as far as trading up is concerned... Both the Giants and Indy are in dire need of OL help to protect their own QB's... This is not a great year for drafting OL... Not a lot of really good OL FA either... Is Barkley really a great pick for either team vs acquiring several picks apiece from Buffalo and NYJ? My prediction is the Bills work out a deal with the Giants as early as this coming week... 

Just now, Pbomb said:

You would think he would atleast see what other teams have to offer before he agrees

Why?

Minny has a great foundation, strong on all fronts and not an aging roster, solid coaching, and a good fanbase.

If he's looking for "around 30 mil a year" and they gave him $27, I think he might have just said "sign me up"

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cousins is on the record of saying it's not about the biggest money deal for him. 

Yeah, he wants to get paid, but isn't necessarily going to the highest bidder.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  I really want them to draft Josh Allen.

I know nothing of college ball, but frankly, I feel for the first time in a long time, I don't care who is quarterback for the Jets, or even Miami. Because this is the first time in a long time where I am looking at our GM and HC, and feel like we finally have competent drivers at the helm, while Jets and the Fish are trying to get their legs under them.

I can be talked off this kind of thinking if I wake up tomorrow and find out the Bills hold enough golden tickets to do whatever they hell they want at QB, but decide what they want to do is start with Kirk Cousins. I'd puke.

I'd watch. But I'd puke.

23 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Rosen has a slight build and suffered 2 concussions last year. I think he needs to get stronger and accustomed to the speed of the NFL.

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I know nothing of college ball, but frankly, I feel for the first time in a long time, I don't care who is quarterback for the Jets, or even Miami. Because this is the first time in a long time where I am looking at our GM and HC, and feel like we finally have competent drivers at the helm, while Jets and the Fish are trying to get their legs under them.

I can be talked off this kind of thinking if I wake up tomorrow and find out the Bills hold enough golden tickets to do whatever they hell they want at QB, but decide what they want to do is start with Kirk Cousins. I'd puke.

I'd watch. But I'd puke.

I knew we were out of the running for him given we didn't have the cap room.  Thank god.  Beane has gotten off to a good start with getting compensation for Watkins, Taylor, and Darby to acquire all these picks, but he hasn't even went through a draft yet as our GM.  I'm not sure the role McDermott played last year in trading back for T. White.  I'm not quite as confident in you are yet so I am keeping an eye on the Fins and Jets QB situation.