Rams sign Sam Shields

Loved me some Sam Shield. I would have taken him hand over foot over vontae davis. Same goes for the crop of FA RBs coming out at the same price as Ivory (mind you I'm a fan). Alfred Morris, Blount, Hyde, DeMarco Murray could all possibly be available if we had waited, likely for the same price.

Rams are my offseason darkhorse for the SB. They are going to be monstars with these moves. Highly impressed with how they've been run since Fisher left.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

this is just my opinion but we cant be too concerned with what other teams do and have to look to what our team does....

The bills signed a 2 time pro bowl corner in Davis.  It was a good signing.

it was, but I mean, what else is there to do in the offseason.

I find this website a fun read. The guy can be completely wrong all the time, but he does know his football, and contract implications. I will admit it sways my opinions. Yet he gave the Ivory signing a C-, while I'd say B (mostly because we paid a lot for him).

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I find this website a fun read. The guy can be completely wrong all the time, but he does know his football, and contract implications. I will admit it sways my opinions. Yet he gave the Ivory signing a C-, while I'd say B (mostly because we paid a lot for him).

what did he give Poyer and Hyde last year?  I feel like some folks instantly downgrade any move the Bills make because of the past 17 years.  

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He actually gave it a D grade which I dont agree with at all.

The bills needed a bruising RB to compliment Shady's flash....that is Ivory.

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Walter football might be the worst football site on the web.  First he hates the Bills I don't think I've ever seen him give a good grade for anything they do.  Second he is NOT at all knowledgeable about football.  Third he just comes across as a douche.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

what did he give Poyer and Hyde last year?  I feel like some folks instantly downgrade any move the Bills make because of the past 17 years before last.  

Fify.  "The past 17 years" is no more!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

what did he give Poyer and Hyde last year?  I feel like some folks instantly downgrade any move the Bills make because of the past 17 years.  

he liked Micah Hyde, I'll give you some funny misses just using a bills search:

As for the Rams, this was an outstanding move for them. They lacked a No. 1 wideout - Robert Woods and Tavon Austin were battling for that distinction - but now Jared Goof has a lethal target at his disposal. Sure, Watkins has injury concerns, but he's absolutely worth it based on what the Rams gave up for him. Going from a second to a sixth and trading Gaines is not a big deal if it means adding a Pro Bowl talent. The Rams won this trade by a long shot.

Grade for Rams - A+
Grade for Bills - D

Bills sign WR Anquan Boldin (1 year, $2.75 million): A Grade
This signing almost makes too much sense. The Bills have needed a No. 2 wide receiver for quite a while, and even though rookie Zay Jones could end up being that player, he's an unknown commodity right now.

Bills sign ILB Gerald Hodges (1 year): A Grade 

He liked Micah Hyde
Bills sign S/KR Micah Hyde (5 years, $30M; $14M guaranteed): B+ Grade 
Hyde can do plenty of things. He can play nickel and safety, and he can return punts very effectively. Hyde can also simply match up against opposing tight end threats and cover them well.

Bills sign K Steven Hauschka (4 years, $12.4 million): D Grade 
**** that Hauschka was amazing, I hated Carpenter.

Bills sign FB Mike Tolbert (1 year, $1 million): B Grade 

I think Poyer was too lowkey, but he usually gets literally every FA move.

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

Walter football might be the worst football site on the web.  First he hates the Bills I don't think I've ever seen him give a good grade for anything they do.  Second he is NOT at all knowledgeable about football.  Third he just comes across as a douche.

I don't really know where else to look for an analysis on every FA decision with a write up. I doubt anybody else spends as much time compiling that for every team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Smart signing.  I'm surprised that nobody went after him before this--I'm sure that the combination of injuries and suspension kept teams away though

From what I've heard Shields is extremely messed up by his past concussions....................but he's been desperate to get back in the NFL.   

36 minutes ago, section122 said:

He is both not very knowledgeable and a douche.  

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Smart signing.  I'm surprised that nobody went after him before this--I'm sure that the combination of injuries and suspension kept teams away though

3 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

He was here during preseason but was one of the final cuts I believe.

Concussion issues probably scaring teams off.  Excellent player when healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills sign RB Chris Ivory (2 years, $5.5 million; $3.25 million guaranteed): D Grade 
The Bills sure love their old, slow, plodding running backs. They kept Mike Tolbert over Jonathan Williams last year, and now they're making a very slight upgrade over Tolbert with Ivory. 

Ivory is a sub-par backup, and I don't like that he's getting this much guaranteed money. He's not a good player, failing to average four yards per carry in the past two seasons. His YPC was just 3.4 in 2017, and he's turning 30 in a couple of weeks. There were much better options out there this offseason.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Bills sign RB Chris Ivory (2 years, $5.5 million; $3.25 million guaranteed): D Grade 
The Bills sure love their old, slow, plodding running backs. They kept Mike Tolbert over Jonathan Williams last year, and now they're making a very slight upgrade over Tolbert with Ivory. 

Ivory is a sub-par backup, and I don't like that he's getting this much guaranteed money. He's not a good player, failing to average four yards per carry in the past two seasons. His YPC was just 3.4 in 2017, and he's turning 30 in a couple of weeks. There were much better options out there this offseason.

Agree with everything said here.  

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Loved me some Sam Shield. I would have taken him hand over foot over vontae davis. Same goes for the crop of FA RBs coming out at the same price as Ivory (mind you I'm a fan). Alfred Morris, Blount, Hyde, DeMarco Murray could all possibly be available if we had waited, likely for the same price.

Rams are my offseason darkhorse for the SB. They are going to be monstars with these moves. Highly impressed with how they've been run since Fisher left.

They were remarkably healthy in 2017, and beat up on some cupcakes.  They're good, but if and when you bottle up Gurley, you can beat them.  Especially if you control the clock and run the ball on them. 

Goff did some nice things, but lets not act like he's anywhere near the top QBs.  Reminds me of Tannehill TBH.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I mean... reading his review of him he clearly just doesn't like him for some reason.  

Chris Ivory should probably be a 1.5-star free agent, but he's a big name, so I'll give him a write-up. General manager David Caldwell made an incredibly stupid move two offseasons ago when he signed Ivory to a 5-year, $32.5 million deal. Ivory, in two seasons with Jacksonville, rushed for a combined 821 yards, scoring five total touchdowns. He averaged just 3.4 yards per carry in 2017, and he turns 30 in March.

Like... He was injured in 2016 and the short yardage backup in 2017...  Who care's what this guy thinks