Bills signings & TT trade point to trade up

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Get Mayfield or don't trade up.

So, to clarify, you're saying Rosen / Darnold are not worth trading up for, but Mayfield is? Just asking...not being a douche....not saying I agree, but wanted to make sure.

Aside from making the playoffs the best thing about last year is that the team knows it's ceiling. If Taylor was capable of carrying a team in the playoffs he would have done it. They know they need a quarterback, but I am not convinced that they are going to take one through the draft. There is always the possibility of prying Luck away from Indianapolis, Foles from Philadelphia, or someone like Brees may hit the street. Whatever happens it is going to be an exciting month and a half leading up to the draft.

These signing mean nothing in regulars to draft plans. The Bills will need to add about 40 players to head into camp.  The DE is a total flyer, CB is a 1 year rental, the RB is an long in the tooth ball carrier.   I do like the signings but don’t think is shows anything that would say there plan is to move up. 

Just now, artmalibu said:

These signing mean nothing in regulars to draft plans. The Bills will need to add about 40 players to head into camp.  The DE is a total flyer, CB is a 1 year rental, the RB is an long in the tooth ball carrier.   I do like the signings but don’t think is shows anything that would say there plan is to move up. 

Let's get the narrative correct:  a starting, former Pro-Bowl CB, a backup RB who has size and has run for 1,000 yards and a 25 year old former 3rd round pick with some athletic ability (if not on-field performance to date).

33 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We'll soon find out but if you look at recent trades - that's not enough and there's much more competition this year because of the QB's in this years draft.

Well, KC gave up 27, a third and the next year’s first to move up 17 slots in round 1.  Not unreasonable to think Bills could move down to 4 with two firsts and a second this year.  

2 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Aside from making the playoffs the best thing about last year is that the team knows it's ceiling. If Taylor was capable of carrying a team in the playoffs he would have done it. They know they need a quarterback, but I am not convinced that they are going to take one through the draft. There is always the possibility of prying Luck away from Indianapolis, Foles from Philadelphia, or someone like Brees may hit the street. Whatever happens it is going to be an exciting month and a half leading up to the draft.

Brees is never ever coming to Buffalo unless he is on the other team. Also he will want to go where he can win another - that is NO or Minny imo...

Foles is trash; honestly can we stop this non-sense. No one wanted him last year, we even passed on him last year - now he is the hottest commodity in the league? Must we remind ourselves that $hitty players can win MVP as well. He played well in the playoffs and was not great in the regular seasons. Coaching helped him a lot there...This would be a typical Billsy, grab a $hitty qb and plug him in type move while we will our own self-inflicted holes.

If Luck is on the block; his shoulder is toast. He isn't old enough for the Colts to try to move away from...Ballard does not strike me as a moron and Reich really doesn't either. I'm pretty sure neither want to go through trying to replace Luck right now unless he is shoulder is shot...

13 hours ago, H2o said:

As long as it's for Mayfield or Rosen. 

Anyone but Matfield,  no midgets allowed.  The guy has major bust written all over him,  he needs to play in dome.  The wind in our place will kill him,  

18 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

So, to clarify, you're saying Rosen / Darnold are not worth trading up for, but Mayfield is? Just asking...not being a douche....not saying I agree, but wanted to make sure.

Mayfield is going to be a bust

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Brees is never ever coming to Buffalo unless he is on the other team. Also he will want to go where he can win another - that is NO or Minny imo...

Foles is trash; honestly can we stop this non-sense. No one wanted him last year, we even passed on him last year - now he is the hottest commodity in the league? Must we remind ourselves that $hitty players can win MVP as well. He played well in the playoffs and was not great in the regular seasons. Coaching helped him a lot there...This would be a typical Billsy, grab a $hitty qb and plug him in type move while we will our own self-inflicted holes.

If Luck is on the block; his shoulder is toast. He isn't old enough for the Colts to try to move away from...Ballard does not strike me as a moron and Reich really doesn't either. I'm pretty sure neither want to go through trying to replace Luck right now unless he is shoulder is shot...

If New Orleans mishandles the contract extension talks (which something is holding things up with only a few days to go) and Brees walks, of all the teams that have an immediate need for quarterback the Bills have the best shot of competing this upcoming season. He only has a few years left in the tank, and I doubt he wants to be under center in Cleveland or New York (J). We can meet his asking price and are not rebuilding. Don't rule this one out.

Foles has proven he can be a good to great quarterback when placed in the right situation. He will probably be cost prohibitive, but I am not opposed to kicking the tires.

Luck has had time to rest the shoulder. Indianapolis has mishandled that entire situation and if Luck doesn't want to play there any longer the could move on. His injury history could allow a team to grab him for relatively next to nothing.

28 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Let's get the narrative correct:  a starting, former Pro-Bowl CB, a backup RB who has size and has run for 1,000 yards and a 25 year old former 3rd round pick with some athletic ability (if not on-field performance to date).

All good signings but means nothing in showing cards of the draft plan. 

Again 

CB pro bowl guy off injury signed ONE year deal. Can not say it’s a build the future so drafting a CB is still very much in play.

RB 30 years old. But don’t see the team using much in draft capital for a RB anyway. IMO it will be a scrap heap sort of deal. 

DE who’s claim to fame is a suspension. Total flyer. Great flyer imo. 

These signings mean mean nothing to draft plan. That the narrative!!

30 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Anyone but Matfield,  no midgets allowed.  The guy has major bust written all over him,  he needs to play in dome.  The wind in our place will kill him,  

Mayfield is going to be a bust

More like they will be making him a bust, for Canton :thumbsup::lol:

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There might be a correlation or maybe not.  Not a real surprise Beane is signing street free agents that don't impact the compensatory pick formula to address team needs. 

It would be good if Buffalo actually did that for a change.  i could see Buffalo signing a DT and that is pretty much it.  The second wave of signings and UDFA will be the majority of moves Imo.  

Edited by Mat68

FA signings and the draft are related in this instance only because they are two ways to add players to your team and we need to add a bunch of players. The premise of this position is just pure confirmation bias. Isn't every team int he league trying to fill as many backup spots and holes on the team before the draft?

I can take the exact same set of facts and write something that says: Bills are filling team needs so they can stay put and draft BPA. 

Edited by ndirish1978

I'll keep saying it, but I think quarterbacks go 1, 2. The Broncos trade to 1 for Allen and the Bills trade to 2 for Rosen. The Browns would pick 4-5 and still get to pick Barkley and Darnold after the Colts take Chubb. I feel like Chubb at 3 is locked in. If the Broncos get Cousins, this would be off obviously. I still think Cousins goes to the Jets, Vikings, or Cardinals. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'll keep saying it, but I think quarterbacks go 1, 2. The Broncos trade to 1 for Allen and the Bills trade to 2 for Rosen. The Browns would pick 4-5 and still get to pick Barkley and Darnold after the Colts take Chubb. I feel like Chubb at 3 is locked in. If the Broncos get Cousins, this would be off obviously. I still think Cousins goes to the Jets, Vikings, or Cardinals. 

Totally possible that Indy would take Barkley at 3 though

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Totally possible that Indy would take Barkley at 3 though

I definitely agree, but I think with the Colts switch to a 4-3 they are going to need that beast defensive end. It is a huge need for them and the free agent options aren't great. They do have a ton of cap though.  

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

No way the Browns move to 4 and risk not getting Barkley. I'd say it's more likely they pick 1&2 ( with Giants pick) than move to 4 and wait while their possible top ranked QB and the biggest game changer in the draft fly off the board. 

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I definitely agree, but I think with the Colts switch to a 4-3 they are going to need that beast defensive end. It is a huge need for them and the free agent options aren't great. They do have a ton of cap though.  

If I were Indy, I would be absolutely locked onto Chubb at 3.  He's my #1 overall player in the draft, and he fits the criteria as playing one of the premium positions.  Your point about him filling a huge need is salient, if only icing on the cake IMO.

• Like (+1) 3