Talib to Rams

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

In the short term, it'll be great. Talib/Peters duo in a Wade Philips defense should be scary.

In the long term, I can't help but dislike all the draft picks Snead is sending away. At some point, even when your roster is as talented as theirs, you've got to keep some picks and draft depth. Also, trading for a bunch of talented PLAYERS does not guarantee you a good TEAM. The recent "Dream Team Eagles" showed us that. I mean, if a team is trading away a player, there must be a reason why.

Snead reminds me of Whaley.

But he got Talib for just a 5th, and the Rams just traded Quinn and Ogletree and got draft picks back.  So he isnt mortgaging their future here and yet picking up players who can help them win right now.  

I like these moves by the Rams, they preserver their best draft assets, trade bad contracts and bringing in talent to help them win.

Rams are acting weird this off season with releases trade and now pick ups.

trust the process i guess

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Rams D will be fun to watch.  Dial it up Wade

Wade IS saving grace for Snead. maybe.

Wade makes everything all right when it comes to defense. Miss the old SOB

Wow. That's a pretty nice CB duo if Talib rebounds before no back with Wade Phillips (which I think has a reasonably good chance of happening). 

But boy o boy, talk about some crazy personalities at starting CB between him and Peters.

It appears the Rams don't care about perceived personality issues - Watkins, Peters, Talib... 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

. I mean, if a team is trading away a player, there must be a reason why.

And if they let them walk in free agency it must be worse.

and you can’t really like guys that people pass on in the draft.

really there are very few acceptable player acquisitions each year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Hallelujah it is not the Pats

Maybe it is just me but it sure seems alot of players don’t want to play for the Pats anymore. They certainly don’t seem like the big ticket they once were. 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

Rams are going for it all it looks like, that's what they can do when they finally got the FRANCHISE QB that they traded up for. Now they just gave Wade Phillips Aquib Talib, Marcus Peter and Sam Sheilds to go along with Aaron Donald, Lamarcus Joyner, Michael Brockers, Nickell Robey and Mark Barron? That is going to be one sick defense this season. 

16 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Maybe it is just me but it sure seems alot of players don’t want to play for the Pats anymore. They certainly don’t seem like the big ticket they once were. 

Truth... I remember the days where Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Rodney Harrison, etc. would actually take pay cuts to sign. Now we get to see Talib (for whatever reason) not go, M. Bennett not go. and hopefully, the trend continues and there are others.

Edited by FrankoElTanko
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Truth... I remember the days where Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Rodney Harrison, etc. would actually take pay cuts to sign. Now we get to see Talib (for whatever reason) not go, M. Bennett not go. and hopefully, the trend continues and there are others.

Trades and FA signings are two different things. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

the rams are making moves to ensure cap room when it comes time to pay donald and gurley and eventually goff.

I stand corrected.

The money saved on quinn will ho to talib as he will not restructure or take less 

13 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

the rams are making moves to ensure cap room when it comes time to pay donald and gurley and eventually goff.

Talib is due 11 million and 8 i believ next year he is not taking less so i dont believe new england would pay that contract. Talib made it clear there will be no taking less.

Talib is a talented player and when he went to new england in 2012 they went from one of the worst pass defense in the league up till week 6 to one of the better units in the league.

He was also the first DB to lockdown jimmy graham. In 2013 graham had hia first no catcb day of his career. 

In 2015 he was top 3 in the nfl. 

The Rams are building one hell of a secondary if Talib and Shields can give them one more good year. Talib will be 32 Shields 31 by the end of the 2018. That's a bit risky esp given Shields injury history. But I think the Rams are more so looking at it like if Talib or Shields can give you a good season you will have 2 stud corners and they can throw Robey in the slot if needed. 

52 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Trades and FA signings are two different things. 

Yeah, your'e right. I was leaning toward the notion that these other teams front offices' as well as the "big-name" players (or former superstars) are not even taking 'preferential' trade requests (i.e., Randy Moss willing to go to NE for a 3rd (I think) and far less money than he would have gotten as a FA) to get to NE as often as often as they once used to. I understand they are two different situations but the Pats are getting less of both types of talent (willing athletes to waive no-trade clauses and take less money as well as those from FA). I mean last year they signed S. Gilmore for booku money. When was the last time they needed to spend that type of money or even made such a deep FA splash, usually people jump to give them their "busts" and they kill it (a la Corey Dillon) or trade them their malcontents (a la Randy Moss) for nothing in addition to it seeming like these players also would choose NE for less money (a la Rodney Harrison) in FA as well. I just wrote that in correlation to a M. Bennett article that I read (sorry no link), where I had read that because the Pats were late to the trade party, the Eagles wouldn't even make a deal (although it was rumored that the Pats offered a 4th). 

Edited by FrankoElTanko