Richard Sherman - 3ry deal with 49ers

Seahawks got away with paying the defense big money, with Wilson mimicking Fran Tarkenton on a cheap contract.  

Now Wilson is getting big money, and he just can't carry the team on his back. They have the worst offensive line in the year and literally no running game. 

You have to clear some cap space so you put some pieces around him. Yes, the defense will drop off, but Wilson is an elite QB and can keep this team in championship contention with a few pieces around them. 

It was really fun watching that defense for years, but all things come to an end. 

Doesn't it feel like signing Sherman would virtually guarantee the Bills yet another 2019 comp pick?

It won't though.........just feels like it should.

NFLPA shouldn't waste their negotiating chips trying to get the owners to stop suspending players for weed or other off-field transgressions.

Instead, they should use them to make it such that "released" players don't just not count against the comp pick formula.........but count as a NET NEGATIVE.

The competition for able-bodied chopping block scraps would be fierce.  

And fans love comp picks.......give them what they want!      

13 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Sherman is a HOF CB, but at 30 years old and coming off an Achilles injury, no way I would want him with the Buffalo Bills.

Plus I am not sure Sherman would fit into the Buffalo culture all that well.

Fwiw, he actually had both achilles operated on this offseason.   

Just now, Doc said:

He was declining before getting injured and then suffered the dreaded achilles injury.  Not that he'd come to Buffalo anyway, but I'd pass.

He is a huge Tyrod fan.........so we'll know better if Buffalo would be an option in a week.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Doesn't it feel like signing Sherman would virtually guarantee the Bills yet another 2019 comp pick?

It won't though.........just feels like it should.

NFLPA shouldn't waste their negotiating chips trying to get the owners to stop suspending players for weed or other off-field transgressions.

Instead, they should use them to make it such that "released" players don't just not count against the comp pick formula.........but count as a NET NEGATIVE.

The competition for able-bodied chopping block scraps would be fierce.  

And fans love comp picks.......give them what they want!      

It honestly might solve the mid level to low level vets not getting looks problem.

It could be the best idea you've ever had.

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

One of the dirtiest players ever, that cheap shot on Carp will never be forgotten.  I'll take a pass.

I forgot about it. He's welcome here in my book.

He's one of the best CBs in the league (IF Healthy)

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If you want to sign him, you better do it in Madden, because that's the only way Richard Sherman will EVER end up playing for the Bills.

Oh good, something different from our most original poster

• Haha (+1) 1