Peter King: Top Ten Players in the Draft Based on an Informal Poll of GMs, Scouts, and Coaches

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/05/nfl-combine-2018-news-josh-rosen-shaquem-griffin-mmqb-peter-king

Top 10? Asked several GMs/scouts/coaches for their top 10 in the draft as of today. Here’s the consensus, in an order close to this: Barkley, USC QB Sam Darnold, North Carolina State pass-rusher Bradley Chubb, Allen, Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield, UCLA QB Josh Rosen, Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson, Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Ohio State CB Denzel Ward, Georgia LB Roquan Smith.

24 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

And they'll all go by the 6th pick. Wait and see.

I think there will be 1 left. I see draft right now going down as

Browns 1. Barkley

Giants 2. Nelson

Colts 3. Chubb

Browns 4. Darnold

Broncos 5. Rosen

Jets 6. Mayfield

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Browns 1. Barkley

Giants 2. Nelson

Colts 3. Chubb

Browns 4. Darnold

Broncos 5. Rosen

Jets 6. Mayfield

I have Allen going 2nd to Giants and Bills getting Rosen at 5. I could also see Cards moving up for Allen.

8 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Browns 1. Barkley

Giants 2. Nelson

Colts 3. Chubb

Browns 4. Darnold

Broncos 5. Rosen

Jets 6. Mayfield

I can’t imagine the Browns will be that stupid. AGAIN. Word is Hue has wanted a couple good QB’s and been overruled. Doubt they can do that again. 

54 minutes ago, Augie said:

I can’t imagine the Browns will be that stupid. AGAIN. Word is Hue has wanted a couple good QB’s and been overruled. Doubt they can do that again. 

What?

Are you talking about the drafting two QBs?

I'm confused.

He has the browns taking Darnold and Barkley

What is stupid about that?

35 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

What?

I'm confused.

True. I think most teams would be happy with drafting Barkley and Darnold in round one. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting.  I have 7 of the same players in my top 10.  Mayfield is 11th on my board, Ward is 16th and Allen isn't in the top 25.

My 8, 9 and 10 as it stands are Tremaine Edmunds; Derwin James and Conor Williams.  

I think Derwin will go before Ward as well 

I do think this sets up nicely for the Browns and I really do believe at this point they will not trade 4.

I think it really does appear that they get the best player Barkley at 1 and get at least the third best QB or better at 4.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I think Browns go Barkley 1, Mayfield 4. Giants will trade out with Denver who then picks Darnold at 2. Colts trade with us, Cards, or Jets and the pick is Rosen. If it's not the Jets picking at 3 then they will get Allen at 6. Giants pick Chubb or OL at 5. I think that would be the ideal draft for everyone based on who they want.

1. Browns - Barkley

2. Broncos - Darnold

3. Bills - Rosen

4. Browns - Mayfield

5. Giants - Chubb or Nelson

6. Jets - Allen

15. Cards - Jackson

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Derwin will go before Ward as well 

I don't know what he has done wrong..... other than play on a bad Florida State team.  He was seen by many as a top 10 type guy going into the season and he played well again in 2017.  I just think the usual pushing up of flashier players is happening and someone as solid and reliable as James is the type who suffers.  

Edited by GunnerBill

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Well the Browns are getting a QB lol. I just think the Browns should take Barkley 1st... He is the best player in draft and select who is ever left at #4 between Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or Allen. And in that scenario they would all be available. Worst case scenario 2 of the 4 would be available m

8 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

What?

I'm confused.

He was referring to the Browns passing on QBs in previous drafts and Wentz in particular.  The word is that Hue was overruled by Sashi Brown.