Peter King: Top Ten Players in the Draft Based on an Informal Poll of GMs, Scouts, and Coaches

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was referring to the Browns passing on QBs in previous drafts and Wentz in particular.  The word is that Hue was overruled by Sashi Brown.

LOL

I totally read it as he wanted to draft a couple in the same draft

Durrr me ?

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I can’t imagine the Browns will be that stupid. AGAIN. Word is Hue has wanted a couple good QB’s and been overruled. Doubt they can do that again. 

I don't know, latest has Hue pounding the table for McCarron and I'm not sure they are giving up on Kizer yet.  It wouldn't really shock me to see them give McCarron an "Osweiler" deal, take Barkley at 1 and go Fitzpatrick or trade at 4.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I don't know, latest has Hue pounding the table for McCarron and I'm not sure they are giving up on Kizer yet.  It wouldn't really shock me to see them give McCarron an "Osweiler" deal, take Barkley at 1 and go Fitzpatrick or trade at 4.

I agree with this take. Especially after Hue's comments about wanting a veteran in the QB room. Could easily see them signing McCarron and having him likely start while they see if Kizer could develop. Trade back from 4 maybe and pick up an extra first rounder next year (like maybe from the bills), while stocking talent in this years draft. If they truly believe McCarron has what it takes to be "the guy" just as much as any rookie in this draft, why not do it if your the Browns?

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Well the Browns are getting a QB lol. I just think the Browns should take Barkley 1st... He is the best player in draft and select who is ever left at #4 between Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or Allen. And in that scenario they would all be available. Worst case scenario 2 of the 4 would be available m

I don't get why people think the Browns would be opposed to trading up from slot 4 if they really did not want to risk losing a targeted prospect.  It would make too much sense for them if they identified one of the QB's as can't miss.  They could go from 4 to 2 at a minimum in cost.  Too much wishful thinking here in that other teams will be slothful and dumb to help the Bills.  Look at other teams as reasonably capable and smart so on draft day the action makes some sense versus crying about how the Bills did not move into the top 4.  Even if the Bills offer a wheelbarrow full of picks does not mean any of those teams want to trade out or see too much value in retaining that pick.

11 hours ago, horned dogs said:

And they'll all go by the 6th pick. Wait and see.

Agreed.  I could see the 4 QBs all going top 5 if the Vikings land Cousins and the broncos don’t get a legit starter.  The jets will have to trade ahead of the broncos.....and there’s still a chance a team in back up the jets trades up as well.  The colts and Giants could (and should) trade out if the offers are plentiful.  

Still wondering about the Colts and Luck.  I firmly believe that the best choice for their franchise is to trade luck and draft one of these QBs.  They’d get Lucks contract off the books, acquire multiple 1st and 2nd rd picks while being able to draft a solid qb prospect.  It’s a tough choice, but I think it benefits them if they can hit on a few picks (and the QB of course).  Lucks injury history is real and he’s nit getting younger.