Rumor: L.Jackson 2nd QB on Bills Board

9 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Is Russ behind this?

Actually, I think this is smoke, he's not accurate enough for McBeane. And, would require a bridge QB like Tyrod. Wait I'm talking myself into it.

:lol::death:

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Why on earth would they draft a less accurate version of what they already have? My take is that the FO hired a new OC to move away from that run-first offense of the last few years to a more refined pocket passing QB.

#Smokescreen #Fakenews

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jackson is a guy I can see going earlier than people think. Big arm, very mobile. Even if he’s a bridge qb that’s a very good bridge qb. I think he’s better than tyrod already. 

This is a classic case of “it only takes one team.” I think that Allen is similar in some ways. There will be some teams that think highly of those guys and others that have them much further down. The variance with them will be greater than most prospects. 

22 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Sure he could be #2 on their board IF they stay at 21.  There are just too many caveats, arrangements at this point to know anything for sure.  Prime Time doesn't like Lamar for Buffalo but he doesn't get to decide.  I kinda agree with Prime on this actually.  I like Mayfield as #1 for Buffalo and Jackson could be a #2 as I'm thinking about Daboll.  But again, as Beane said, they are not going to try to look at Daboll and say ok which guy fits that.  Rather, they are going to draft the best guy and Brian will have his work cut out for him.  To me, at this point, if we cannot get into the top 5 which I just feel like is an impossibility one question I'd have to ask is, can Daboll give us at least one good year out of TT.  And by good, I'm not talking about anything Brady-esque.  I'm talking about can Daboll at least give us the Tyrod that Lynn and Roman gave us with just a little more passing?  I feel like if we had that offense we score more.  How much more I don't know, but certainly more than the wreck that we had this past season.

If we can land Mayfield we can move on from TT rather quickly IMO.  If we land a QB like Jackson then TT most likely will start all season unless he gets hurt and then Peterman would step in as next in line.  There are worse situations to be in.  I for one would rather have Rosen or Mayfield, but if we cannot get up there to get them for whatever reason, I'd be fine with taking Jackson but NOT trading up into the top 10 for him.  He needs to sit a full season because he's just not ready.  Now one thing I would do if we did take Jackson is have one or two packages with him and the other QB in the game at the same time, but nothing extensive and nothing to run every week.  You just put it out there and see how other teams respond to it.

In any case, we'll see how things turn out.

I like this post.

But i think Daboll strength is flexibility. What he will run will come after they get the players vis draft ( QB)
Sure do not believe for one second he has little input. I bet he has plenty. Daboll is a Bill as Long as McD and Beans are here. IMO. he was the guy they wanted all along under The New Young version of the Bills.

He will have plenty of input because they already know what the long term sustainable version is.

I miss Lynn : (

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is a classic case of “it only takes one team.” I think that Allen is similar in some ways. There will be some teams that think highly of those guys and others that have them much further down. The variance with them will be greater than most prospects. 

it is such a crap shoot this year to predict who will take whom at QB. Very exciting

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Any “leak” like this probably means they don’t want Lamar. 

Thats what they want you to think

LOL !
Love the mind games pre draft

35 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Can't believe anything you hear these days...remember when Nix planted the rumor that Cordy Glenn couldn't play tackle and he was a guard so he would fall and we could hopefully draft him in the 2nd round...

So much of this stuff is intentional misdirection by teams

Nix was on the Cowherd show before round 2 in 2012, and was asked who the best player available is. His answer was Jonathan Martin. Nix took Glenn 41st, Martin went to Miami 42nd. Probably the best draft memory of Nix.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

47 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

If you like receivers having to adjust their routes to catch poorly thrown balls, Jackson is your guy.

if only we had guys who could adjust their routes ...

Then we would have something.

Might as well run the ball anyways with a mobile QB, until we have even one WR worth a darn.

Go Bills

26 minutes ago, PIZ said:

How about AJ McCarron and Lamar Jackson?

Hue Jackson loves AJ from what i have recently read

Lamar Jackson represents great value for what he is. A starting QB for super cheap, Heisman winner, who could be had in the 15-21 range. The problem I have is he's not much better than what we already have in Tyrod. He will have similar output. Why would you draft a 1st round QB when you already have that player on your roster? Jackson will never be a 4000 yard passer, which is what you need to win games in this league. No thanks, let the Jets draft him

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Lynn has Whisenhunt running the offense...he is also an Erhardt-Perkins guy. 

I actually miss Chan Gailey's offense...he is also an E-P guy. 

I see where you are going with this.
I too miss Chan Gailey's Offense. If only they got him a defense..

But i do expect Daboll to make his opinions known in the room. I am sure he well do what is in the best interest of the Team though

• Like (+1) 1

My take is that LJ has a good sense of awareness and makes good/quick decisions. He also has elite arm strength and has once in a generation ability to make plays with his legs. Unfortunately, he's inaccurate due to poor footwork. One report I saw said his accuracy is fine when he sets properly. That gives me hope that good coaching can make him a solid pocket passer with the ability to make big plays with his arm and legs. I've also heard that he should add 10-15 lbs to help prevent injury.

Does anyone have a different take on him?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And that's the differences  in Coaches and GMs coming out. Some teams will be " ehhhhh I don't know about this guy" and others will say " well, the game is changing..". Many NFL coaches would have punted that ball back to NE in the Super Bowl....

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Lamar Jackson represents great value for what he is. A starting QB for super cheap, Heisman winner, who could be had in the 15-21 range. The problem I have is he's not much better than what we already have in Tyrod. He will have similar output. Why would you draft a 1st round QB when you already have that player on your roster? Jackson will never be a 4000 yard passer, which is what you need to win games in this league. No thanks, let the Jets draft him

He might be better able to read defenses and anticipate the rec coming open ?

jk

ps if he is in the 15-21 range and they truly like him ? Just do it.

i can deal with that

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

All the pieces seem to be falling together...

-Beane's "Cam" comments

-Bills brass wanting a QB that can move

-Brian Daboll's offense being just like Lamar's at Louisville

-This possible leak

Except, Beane has made a big deal out of being able to pass from the pocket.  While Lamar has more abilities in that regard than most people think, he is most def. a "work in progress" where that is concerned

Just now, GreggTX said:

My take is that LJ has a good sense of awareness and makes good/quick decisions. He also has elite arm strength and has once in a generation ability to make plays with his legs. Unfortunately, he's inaccurate due to poor footwork. One report I saw said his accuracy is fine when he sets properly. That gives me hope that good coaching can make him a solid pocket passer with the ability to make big plays with his arm and legs. I've also heard that he should add 10-15 lbs to help prevent injury.

pretty much spot on, throws guys open and throws one on one balls aswell

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I think that is a really good and reasonable take

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except, Beane has made a big deal out of being able to pass from the pocket.  While Lamar has more abilities in that regard than most people think, he is most def. a "work in progress" where that is concerned

and thats where Tyrod comes in. Folks will complain but it is a method.
Beanes has said as much, agreed.