Why is Baker Mayfield getting the least amount of buzz?

20 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

You would quickly realize there is no such disorder as Asperger's since the DSM 5.

Aspergers is part of the Autism spectrum. (Listed on a DSM5 site)

At one time about 15 years ago some  school districts would not even recognize Autism as a “disorder” and used the Aspergers label as an alternate.  

Getting a proper diagnosis is important when trying to get your young child through school w/o haveing him or her dumped onto a special class for “other low functioning children”.  

We had a heck of a time getting my son property diagnosed and once we found a good school district in Ashburn VA that diagnosis helped propel him onto Honor Rolls in HS AND Deans list honors in college.   

Back then all Autism children were very “non-social” and High functioning Autism was a mystery to them.  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Aspergers is part of the Autism spectrum. (Listed on a DSM5 site)

At one time about 15 years ago some  school districts would not even recognize Autism as a “disorder” and used the Aspergers label as an alternate.  

Getting a proper diagnosis is important when trying to get your young child through school w/o haveing him or her dumped onto a special class for “other low functioning children”.  

We had a heck of a time getting my son property diagnosed and once we found a good school district in Ashburn VA that diagnosis helped propel him onto Honor Rolls in HS AND Deans list honors in college.   

You didn't read the link you posted.  It says IF someone was diagnosed with Asperger's in the DSM IV they will qualify for the newly revamped classification autism spectrum disorder DUE to the fact the DSM 5 eliminated it.

I specialize in this field in the Rochester NY area.  I truly wish they kept Asperger's because it was helpful for non professionals to distinguish between the two....  But they did not.

Finally,  there is no longer a clinical term of Asperger's and it has been replaced with autism spectrum disorder with qualifiers and modifiers. On a personal note,  thank God you advocated for your child and got him the support and help he needed and obviously benefitted from.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I specialize in this field in the Rochester NY area.  I truly wish they kept Asperger's because it was helpful for non professionals to distinguish between the two....  But they did not.

Amen brother!!!!!

High Functioning Autism is how do you say it a strange disorder.  The proper diagnosis is key.  

Good on you working with kids and championing this !!!

Maybe you DO understand me!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Maybe you DO understand me!!!!!

Lol I have been married for MANY years..   i understand things now that were not comprehensible 30 years ago.  IF I ONLY knew how bad mullets were back then as well.

Edited by aceman_16
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

Lol I have been married for MANY years..   ininderstand things now that were not comprehensible 30 years ago.  IF I ONLY knew how bad mullets were back then as well.

30 try 50.     

Having my son diagnosed opened my eyes as to why I had / have problems getting along is social circles.  

With time they do learn how to assimilate.  

(If they choose to)

:lol: :lol:

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Baker Mayfield currently has the top FIVE threads on TBD. I don’t think he’s getting too little buzz. Yikes....

Baker has been short changed his entire life, it's no surprise that people aren't dedicating the top 6 threads to him. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Baker has been short changed his entire life, it's no surprise that people aren't dedicating the top 6 threads to him. 

Another short joke? You know he’s over 6 feet, right? 

:)

Edited by Augie

On 3/31/2018 at 12:42 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

So now if you disagree with someone you can just compare them to an all time bust and case closed?

Alright well you’re basically the Jamarcus Russell of the boards. 

Checkmate. 

Whatever you say, Terry Baker.

• 2 weeks later...